Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PHOTOS AT WORK

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 02:05 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Man Mike, awesome pictures. Makes our Porsches seem really SLOW!
Old 03-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for those great pictures Mike! I've been flying F-16 years ago, but I always considered that operating from an aircraft carrier must be the "Top"! Unfortunately my "small" country is far far away from buying one

Good luck in your every day job
Old 03-18-2006, 03:21 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Mike,

I must add my gratitude amongst the masses here. Thanks to you folks we are here enjoying our freedom and life-style. Two professions that I really appreciate: military and education (teachers mainly). They are way underpaid and under-appreciated for what they bring to our society.

Enjoy the rush. For you a CGT is kids' play.

Thanks and be home soon, safe and sound.

CP
Old 03-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 212 Posts

If the Butter Fly effect had of allowed it, I would have loved the life of a Naval Aviator. Be safe and thanks.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:52 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike,

Awesome pics... and a great gallary. How do you like your MY `02 as compared to your old (a beauty BTW)`97 993? My brother has an `02 seal grey and loves it.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:16 PM
rkass
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, thanks for folks like you..As an aside, I would gladly trade you 1 week of being in your shoes (or seat) and you can drive my car in exchange - I'll even through in your airfare (I probably wouldn't survive takeoff).. That must be pretty awesome in and of itself doing what you do.. Good luck and stay safe.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:26 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that's the one place I like to see my tax dollars spent!

Prayers and gratitude to you and your fellow flyers (yes the jarheads too)....
Old 03-19-2006, 03:54 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

Are you on the Enterprise? Hornet driver I assume? Do you know "Too Tall" or "Corky"? I flew with them a few years ago during some different circumstances.

Blue Skies,
Bake
Old 03-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

For the record I don't fly the jets. It was my dream one time but I didn't have the resources to go for it. I keep them flying. I manage a 192 man Avionics Maintenance Division. We ensure that all the electronics equipment onboard all the air wing squadron aircrafts are full mission capable.

Bake,
I'll look for those pilots you mentioned if they're here I'll let you know.

Craig,
I love it. I love the interior too to compare. There's a couple of good comprehensive threads that went around about the comparison. I'm sure they're still archived.

SC Momentum,
Be safe out there in the front line! Our cars are waiting for us

Toga,
I think the F-16 is still the most agile a/c in the US inventory.

To All of the above( Too many names to mention)who expressed support to the troops, thanks you very much!!..

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 03-20-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:17 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

SC Momentum,
Be safe out there in the front line! Our cars are waiting for us
Mike....absolutely! Thanks for all that you and your "crew of 192" do to keep those things in the fight. I know I speak from experience and for all those guys trappin on the Enterprise.....that you and your folks are what make it happen day-in and day-out.

I've got less than a month to go and dream daily about getting back to my car. Heading up to Germany straight from here where my wife will meet me. We've rented an Audi A3 for a tour of southern Germany & Austria, with a little stop in Stuttgart of course Can't wait...brats and brews! Yessss!

Toga,
You're Hornet shipments would keelhaul you for saying so! Actually it is a pretty even match in a 1v1 environment. Most of it depends on who is strapped into which jet.

Blue Skies & Following Seas,
Bake
Old 03-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 579 Posts

That honor now belongs to the F-22 with its vectored thrust.

That aircraft is so amazing that its actual fighting potential seems to be science fiction rather than truth. But it is truth.

Originally Posted by Carrera Mike
Toga,
Old 03-19-2006, 10:46 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Marv,

You are absolutely correct. The F-22 is beyond comprehension in the performance envelope. Chuck Yeager once commented shortly after the F-15 came on the scene that a "****hot combat experienced pilot in an F-4 could take out lessor skilled pilot in an Eagle". From what my buddies are telling me...those days are over. The F-22 is light years ahead of anything in the inventory before it showed up. Think about this....the Wobbly Goblin (aka F-117) is on it's way to an early retirement....something that has really shocked the aerial combat society. There is a reason for that.

Bake
Old 03-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv
That honor now belongs to the F-22 with its vectored thrust.

That aircraft is so amazing that its actual fighting potential seems to be science fiction rather than truth. But it is truth.
Vector thrust is amazing. I remember an article in flight international a few years ago. they showed in drawings the different flight paths between a "normal dual seater F-16" and one fitted with vector thrust ...just unbelievable!!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 579 Posts

The reason is the Air Force is trying to salvage the F-22 and F-35. Budget cuts have left the Air Force between a rock and a hard place. The F-22 is scheduled to replace the F-15 and the F-35 replaces everything else. B-52, F-117, and a number of other transport aircraft are getting either severely reduced or retired early.

The F-22, even in the hands of a green pilot, can take on waves of enemy fighters without getting touched. To demonstrate that, 8 seasoned aggressor pilots who are top training pilots went head to head with two green F-22 pilots. The aggressor pilots (all eight) commanded a total of 24 aircraft. Each time they were shot down they "get another life" and reappeared as a new aircraft. These aircrafts were all different types of aircraft. None of the 24 aircraft with the most experienced pilots were able to down either F-22.

Originally Posted by SCMomentum
Marv,

You are absolutely correct. The F-22 is beyond comprehension in the performance envelope. Chuck Yeager once commented shortly after the F-15 came on the scene that a "****hot combat experienced pilot in an F-4 could take out lessor skilled pilot in an Eagle". From what my buddies are telling me...those days are over. The F-22 is light years ahead of anything in the inventory before it showed up. Think about this....the Wobbly Goblin (aka F-117) is on it's way to an early retirement....something that has really shocked the aerial combat society. There is a reason for that.

Bake
Old 03-19-2006, 04:30 PM
rkass
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, if I follow this right, all we need is for for one our ingenious rennlisters to come up with a vector thrust mod for our cars and we would be untouchable-fantastic!

Quick Reply: PHOTOS AT WORK