Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Corvette Z06 or Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 02:23 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like to compare these two cars. They are completely different. Corvettes were made to appeal to a wide group of individuals, Porsches are extremely selective in the type of people they attract. It's like "The house wine sir or a rare vintage?" The house wine may get you drunk faster but......what do you really enjoy more?
I've owned 3 Vettes in my life, each time I swore I would never buy another one. I'm on my 10th Porsche and I don't want anything else.
I really want this toy next but I would still keep my 993. Chris
http://www.ultimacars.com/
Old 03-17-2006, 01:04 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c993k
I don't like to compare these two cars. They are completely different. Corvettes were made to appeal to a wide group of individuals, Porsches are extremely selective in the type of people they attract. It's like "The house wine sir or a rare vintage?" The house wine may get you drunk faster but......what do you really enjoy more?
I've owned 3 Vettes in my life, each time I swore I would never buy another one. I'm on my 10th Porsche and I don't want anything else.
There's nothing "rare vintage" about Porsche anymore - they're everywhere. I see more boxsters and 996s than corvettes, that's for certain. Porsche is appealing to as wide an audience as possible these days, hence the satellite navigation tv screen, luxury crap ad nauseum, etc.

It shouldn't affect your enjoyment of your 993 though
Old 03-17-2006, 01:17 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by c993k
There's nothing "rare vintage" about Porsche anymore - they're everywhere. I see more boxsters and 996s than corvettes, that's for certain. Porsche is appealing to as wide an audience as possible these days, hence the satellite navigation tv screen, luxury ad nauseum, etc.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
There's nothing "rare vintage" about Porsche anymore - they're everywhere. I see more boxsters and 996s than corvettes, that's for certain. Porsche is appealing to as wide an audience as possible these days, hence the satellite navigation tv screen, luxury crap ad nauseum, etc.
I agree,

Today's Porsches for sure aren't made for selected group of drivers, as already said, they are made for everyone.

OK, maybe not for everyone, I think they left us old skool Porsche purists out...
Old 03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I agree,

Today's Porsches for sure aren't made for selected group of drivers, as already said, they are made for everyone.

OK, maybe not for everyone, I think they left us old skool Porsche purists out...
Exactly, they're producing the sportscar equivalent of the "one size fits all" T-shirt.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:38 PM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
There's nothing "rare vintage" about Porsche anymore - they're everywhere. I see more boxsters and 996s than corvettes, that's for certain. Porsche is appealing to as wide an audience as possible these days, hence the satellite navigation tv screen, luxury ad nauseum, etc.
I agree with you about the Water Cooled P-cars, they are definitely made to attract anyone! Sorry, I was thinking from a 993 point of view. Chris
Old 03-17-2006, 07:38 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at my Porsche dealer this morning and while waiting for a quick warrant service I needed done, I was looking over a 2006 997 Cryatal Silve w/Blk Interior and top Carrera Cab. which had Tiptronic (wife would like ), NAV., etc,... for about 98.5K. It was very sweet though but didn't have the raw beauty of my 993 C2 Cab.!

I would love to get me a new 911 Cab. someday but agree on keeping my old school 993 baby!!! "D

Old 03-17-2006, 07:39 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Oooops! I meant a Warranty service on my Cayenne S
Old 03-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ljugete
Carrera Cab. which had Tiptronic, NAV., etc,...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:48 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Ok, Finn U got me typing goofy at home after a couple of Tecate Cervezas but U get the point.

The 997 Carrera Cab./ was very sweet though (but, too skinny with no 993 butt! )!

Old 03-17-2006, 07:53 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

BTW, I grew up in Miami and miss the awesome weather (esp. when in Chicago - stuck in this wintery weather mess but, making alot of money and currently driving my Cayenne S (winter toy)!

I visit the family often while on my way to cruise the Caribe baby!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette Z06 or Porsche