c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ephedrine 11 am
Salad, Diet Coke and Coffee 2 pm
1 Chicken breast 5 pm
LA Fitness 6-9pm Weights and Cardio, 7 days a week
Boiled egg whites, fresh fruits or solid white tuna before midnight
Drive the 993 out to the Everglades with no traffic.
100mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride at 2 am and watch TV
Sleep at 4 am after reading the Rennlist 993 forum one more time
What a life~ Chris
Old 03-01-2006, 05:18 PM
troutrover
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 5 miles 3-4 times M-F at lunch and then run long on the weekends. Depends on the season but that can be anywere from 10-30 miles on Saturday mornings. Burns loads of calories and I can eat just about what ever I want, but I am still responsible. It all comes down to calories in vs. calories out. If you eat and sit around you will get FAT!

I also ski, Mtn bike, raod bike...when ever I can.

CB
Old 03-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Anyone using a rowing machine? I had one of those once, and it seemed like a good way to get an aerobic workout indoors using all limbs.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dhicks
You have to find something you like to do that keeps your heart rate up for an extended period of time, .....posted by swmic

.....now what could spring to mind......Adrienne......the flight is nearly booked!!!
Hahaha!!! Examination pending...

I do cartwheels for fitness. It serves two purposes...burns some calories, and when I get dizzy, I puke. Kills two birds with one stone, so to speak.

No really...I run, bike, and do weights. Weights really help, as that will bump up your metabolism such that you burn more calories at rest. You could try bellydancing, but it's isometric and not much of a calorie burner.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Greg is right. Calorie burnt> calorie eaten = weight loss.

My down-fall is weekends. I can be a good boy 5 days a week, and a weekend of great home-cooking and I'm back to square one.

I do ellipticals while watching sports: a quarter of football, or a half of basketball at a time. Unfortunately, even the 450-650 calories burnt per session do not equate to weight loss.

I am living proof that conservation of energy is not true. I can eat 1/2 oz of chocolate, gain 4 lbs over-night, and can't work it off in two weeks on the elliptical. For me, water has 120 calories per serving. I had days that I skiied all day without eating and GAINED 2 lbs at the end of the day. This thread is triggering my depression.

One thing that works for me though. If I take a one-day drive into the Sierras, or something like that, especially in my RUF, I'd loose 2-3 lbs at the end of the day.

CP
Old 03-01-2006, 09:51 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

i'm lucky- it's part of my job to be and stay in shape...I get play sports every day for my job!
But I'm also a personal trainer, and I'll say that you're getting good advice.

watch the calories, get in the gym, and have fun with it!

resistance training is great for your metabolism because muscle burns a ton of calories, and building it will burn fat by itself. it's great for your skeleton too, it increases bone density, testosterone, and helps you sleep better at night.

do your cardio with an ipod or some magazines and those calories will just fly away while your jamming or scouring excellence magazine

and food wise- just split your 3 big meals into 4 or 5 smaller ones and space them out every three or four hours. keep healthy snacks like almonds and green apples handy to prevent your blood sugar from spiking and crashing. PM me if you need anything more specific
Old 03-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

In regards to weight training, which I began to gain muscle mass (look at your calves as you get over 40 and you'll know what I mean) I thought "The Book of Muscle" by Ian King was the most helpful, practical and comprehensive one that I found on the subject.

I put on a net 10 pounds (195, 6'0") gaining muscle mass while losing fat. Pants looser at the waist, dress shirts tighter around the neck, shoulders and sleeves due to muscle gain. Feels great. Do it 4 to 5 times a week for about 60-70 minutes, including 20 minutes elliptical for cardio.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 (maybe 3) Cosmopolitans every night...tons of cheese...oh I love bread...to burn calories??? Well, typing like crazy on this keyboard in order to catch up with all these threads you guys post every minute!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:26 PM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone using a rowing machine?
This is one of the best exercises as it works the whole body and is non-impact (i.e. it doesn't knacker your knees and ankles).

The most important thing is to do something you enjoy. Run, cycle, row, climb, walk whatever. Just do something every day and you'll burn calories.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Hmmm, how about Chinese Martial Arts? I have been doing Tai Chi (yes you can use it for fighting if you have the right teacher), Hsing-Yi and BaGua Zhuang (used the the emperors body guards) for lots of years...lets see I started when I was 13 so its been a while (35 years?)...but lately its mainly to keep in shape etc. I also do Chi Gungs, standing meditation etc. and all that weird stuff as well. Lately I have been dabbling in Systema (a Russian martial art!) which has been really cool....very effective with some very effective drills...

I don't like to use machines....all you need is your body and a wall and that's will make you sweat. If you really want to work out use a school playground...its amazing how many different excercises you can do with a set of monkey bars! ;-)

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers,

Mike
Old 03-02-2006, 07:07 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm lucky- it's part of my job to be and stay in shape...I get play sports every day for my job!
and here i thought your location ("spring training...az") was just a pipe dream
Old 03-02-2006, 07:49 PM
planeguy67
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike J
I also do Chi Gungs, standing meditation etc. and all that weird stuff as well. Lately I have been dabbling in Systema (a Russian martial art!) which has been really cool....very effective with some very effective drills...
Is that engine DONE yet?!?!?!?

Just kidding, Mike, we all love ya.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:52 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Boxing, skipping rope, weights, and more boxing - eat what you like!
Have fun and good luck.
Bob
Old 03-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Terrance Seto
Instructor

I drive my shifter kart at the track monthly. Great cardio for sure. Not sure about weight loss, as I barely weight 145lbs and I'm 5'10"

=)
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

mborkow- not so much a dream anymore, its a nice reality. For some reason since I was a little kid- I knew all i had to do to get that great porsche collection was be a good enough player. fast forward- dreams do come true when you jettison everything else to get there

Quick Reply: OT-What do you do for fitness?