Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:55 PM
NiATE
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone else's Enzo just got a little more valuable.

And I'm thinking Jr in the Ford GT's going to be driving a Ford Aspire for the next few years...
Old 02-21-2006, 05:01 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnCh
According to this report the driver fled the scene and left his passenger behind.

-John
The driver is lying...he is claiming that he was the "passenger"...

"The fact (is) that the passenger is the registered owner of the vehicle, from the Beverly Hills-Bel Air area. The passenger had blood on his mouth and both airbags on the car deployed, but only the driver's side airbag had blood on it, not the passenger side," said Sgt. Phillip Brooks.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:19 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how many produced Enzo's which haven't been crashed still exist...
Old 02-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
The driver is lying...he is claiming that he was the "passenger"...

"The fact (is) that the passenger is the registered owner of the vehicle, from the Beverly Hills-Bel Air area. The passenger had blood on his mouth and both airbags on the car deployed, but only the driver's side airbag had blood on it, not the passenger side," said Sgt. Phillip Brooks.
Exactly! I have to say - good try!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:21 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll bet he went airborne after crossing that peak.

"Honest officer, I wasn't speeding."
Old 02-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Story now is that the Enzo left a party in Beverly Hills to race a Mercedes , also at the party, on PCH. Girl passenger in the Enzo blew a .09. Mercedes....no where to be found!

Last edited by Bradford; 02-21-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a bunch of irresponsible ********.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:45 PM
NiATE
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY well said.

IMO, when you have a car like that you have a responsibility to 1) drive it regularly and 2) drive it responsibly. It's a part of automotive history (now more so than ever I guess) it should be looked after.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned...
Old 02-21-2006, 07:04 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zwoobah
I'd love to know how he lost it that badly on a perfectly straight stretch of highway. $650,000 for the car, but no $180 for track school?
Glad to see the tub did its job, and since this is sitting here, unattended and blocking traffic, I'd be happy to get it out of the way
There's a rise and turn in the foreground. Easy for a car to get light at 150- 170 going over a rise like that. The driver appears to have been impaired, or at the very least a complete moron. Lucky he didn't kill anyone....

Nice of the SLR driver to come back and check on him....
Old 02-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Party like a Rock Star....
Old 02-21-2006, 07:33 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw this this morning on the local news as they drug the front half up on a rollback.......they stated the driver ran from the wreck to his house (Malibu Colony) and called rescue from there, then returned to the scene of the accident and finally check on the welfare of his passenger...What a jerk!

Some people have stated that he was not responsible for driving such a nice car that way, but I say it's was his car and no matter what we think, it's his right to do as he pleases with it just as each of us do as we please in our Porsches.

None of that detracts from the fact he proved once again the old saying "Just because one can afford a Ferrari does not make one a Ferrari driver" is very true and all of us need to keep in mind that it applies to Porsches too.

ZP44

PS: Even though I will deny it in public, court of law or anywhere else, I have done 150+ on the PCH before...
Old 02-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Peter S 993tt
Racer

Classic case of:
1 - money doesn't equate to brains (or talent), and
2 - why most of these idiot children die penniless eventually.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:46 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Some people have stated that he was not responsible for driving such a nice car that way, but I say it's was his car and no matter what we think, it's his right to do as he pleases with it just as each of us do as we please in our Porsches
i am saying he is an irresponsible ******* for driving 150 mph on the street (this was on highway, right?). no one has a right to do that.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Reynard38
Pro

I would imagine that when you have so much $$ that it fails to become an object you cease to care about either the car's, or other driver's well being.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:15 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Million-Dollar Ferrari Crashes in Malibu
From a Times Staff Writer
A driver lost control of a Ferrari sports car traveling 120 mph along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu this morning, slamming into a power pole that cut the car — which sells for up to $1 million — in half, according to authorities.

One man suffered minor injuries. He was identified as Stefan Erikssen, of Bel-Air, said Sgt. Philip Brooks of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The sports car went airborne and struck a power pole 5 to 10 feet off the ground, Brooks said. The car was demolished, but two air bags deployed.

"You pay a million bucks for a car, you expect safety," Brooks said.

Investigators said they believe the driver was alone in the car and was engaged in a street race at the time of the accident. Erikssen told them the driver of the car fled on foot, but a search turned up no one, Brooks said.

The crash took place about 6:15 a.m. near Decker Canyon Road, an exclusive area of multimillion-dollar estates overlooking the Pacific in west Malibu, near Leo Carrillo State Beach.

The car — reportedly a Ferrari Enzo worth between $600,000 and $1 million — has a top speed of more than 200 mph.

Traffic on PCH was disrupted this morning during the investigation of the incident.

Brooks said the area is not known for street racing.

"We get some speed violations, but nothing over 70 mph," Brooks said.

Quick Reply: OT: Don't Drive 150mph on PCH - pics