Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Don't Drive 150mph on PCH - pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"as i previously stated "I/we/anyone have the right to choose between exceeding the speed limit or not""
who, in your mind, has granted us this "right" to break the law?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

God almighty has.......by giving mankind the right to choose between good and evil, right & wrong, legal or illegal....you make your choice and I'll make mine, but you won't catch me making public comments about your choice because it's really none of my business and my choice is none of yours.

ZP44 is now off this thread..............geeze just let it die!
Old 02-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys can do as you wish. My only hope is that you accept responsibility for your actions.

Greg H.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everytime I see a crashed sportscar I could cry.......I wish people would respect their cars a little more.....
Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
Bull,
you & mborkow ......................................If I, or anyone else, chooses to exceed the posted speed limit, that act does not give you two the right to judge us, unless you happen to be a Traffic Court Presiding Judge.
I would venture to guess neither one of are Traffic Court Judges so let it go and have a nice day.
ZP44
You have never met me, yet you can sit there 3,000 miles away (actually about 2700) and make calls like that...amazing, simply amazing! You have no idea what I do and don't do......"amazing"
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speedraser
Zombie,

Where, oh where, did Darwin go?
He evolved away from here.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:03 AM
STRASPEC
Instructor

I wonder who won? The SLR or the Enzo? Hmmm
Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Polman
Pro

As you allredy know, the guy´s from Sweden....sorry for that ! Found an artikel about him. Of course hard for you to read, but the picture is there. An short cut from the text tell us that hi is president over Gismo company, is convicted in Sweden several times for tax and violence....proberly thats why we sended him on export !

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...718446,00.html
Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 AM
sonny1
Banned

Amen!!! to that.,By the way I'll drive as fast as I can.,cheers,Sonny.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:51 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I make this drive (when I'm home) 3-4 times a week. There are plenty of opportunities (i.e. stretches of road) for this to take place.

"A fool and his money are soon separated"

More info on this particular situation can be found here:
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/enzo/
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Very foolish. I hesitate to wade in (MBorkow, you'll find there are a few ignoramuses on this board, including, perhaps, this "Zombie". You can pick them out easily because they use the word "mute" when they mean "moot" (and such-like), proving once again--as if the existence of realtors didn't--that the correlation of income to intelligence quotient is surprisingly low).

Zombie and ignoramuses: Just one reason that speeding is illegal is because of the carnage we saw on the PCH. There is not a natural, common law, or Constitutional "right" to speed as some have suggested; the law supports that view conclusively. If some idiots say that they choose to speed at triple digit speeds (especially on a secondary road like the PCH!), I say "be a man an pay the consequences when caught". I'm confident they'll take take your license if you're too foolish too many times. But I'm willing to admit that you apparently still have your license because, while you spout a line of bragadacio, you're probably a timid nebbish (I expect you'll need to get out your dictionary there, Zombie. Hint: it is the thick book).

Now the _reason_ why there are traffic laws, which a very small minority of puerile idiots on this board like to boast they ignore, is simply because they apply to _public_ roads. Private tracks are regulated by their own rules, which the consenting adults using the track also agree to obey, under penalty of explusion. What if that Enzo had hit a child, or one of us? You know, not everyone (in fact, not the vast majority) of the people who pay for those roads give a ding-dong about sports cars. They expect to have safe, predictable driving conditions, not a road rally, when they drive to pick up a gallon of milk.

As a commercially rated pilot, I know that a safe, predictable traffic pattern and adherence to a veritable encyclopedia of rules (the Federal Air Regulations) is very important in making aviation safe. What makes flying safe is that everyone adheres to these rules in a predictable way. That's not to say I don't do aerobatics, I do: above 3,000 feet AGL, in a remote area, with a radio announcement to any unseen traffic, and definitely not in a congested area near an airport or a navigational aid. Let's try to more conscientiously apply the dramatically less complicated and easier to use standards for driving that the states print in the slim, paperback, pocket-sized driver's rule booklets stacked up down at the DMV.

There are ca. 42,000 deaths in the USA each year on the roads: a "9-11" disaster every three weeks, or about four jetliners worth of people crashing every single week. I can't believe that anyone with half a brain can defend a "right to speed" given this carnage.

Mike Lincoln
Old 02-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by mlincoln
you'll find there are a few ignoramuses on this board, including, perhaps, this "Zombie". You can pick them out easily because they use the word "mute" when they mean "moot"...But I'm willing to admit that you apparently still have your license because, while you spout a line of bragadacio, you're probably a timid nebbish (I expect you'll need to get out your dictionary there, Zombie. Hint: it is the thick book).
It's braggadocio, you ignoramus.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=braggadocio

Hint: it's not always the thick book.

Oh, you might need this:
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2006, 12:02 PM
SLVR
Pro

Good job it is legal here to do 100mph on the way to work and back each day of the week...:-) Just a couple of miles to get the cobwebs out ;-) Keeps my adrenaline flowing and brightens my day right from the start!! Could go faster but a 100 seems to do it for me...

BTW, not seen any carnage yet....speed has very little to do with it.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:22 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

[QUOTE=mlincoln]proving once again--as if the existence of realtors didn't--that the correlation of income to intelligence quotient is surprisingly low). /QUOTE]

Mike,
Thank you for the thoughtful and touching comment. I happen to be a realtor and find comments like this to be outrageous. Does every commercial pilot consider himself to be at the pinnacle of intelligence?

Andreas
Old 02-23-2006, 12:33 PM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

speed has very little to do with it.
That is true if you are expecting cars to be doing 100mph+ like you do on the Autobahns, but in a restricted speed limit, speed has a lot to do with it. If you saw this Enzo 200 yards away in your rear view mirror, you would be correct to assume you had time to move into his lane if he was doing 50mph as there was plenty of room. If he's doing 150mph, that lane change might be your last.

Quick Reply: OT: Don't Drive 150mph on PCH - pics