Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Son gets Learners Permit today

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Don C
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went throught this a few years ago with both my sons. Withn their first year they had both been in accidents that totaled their cars, luckily neither were hurt. Although not their "fault", it shows that new drivers just don't drive defensively.

Those calls at 11 pm on a Friday night just make you jump.

Now all is good, they have survived, and I even let them take the pcar for a spin on special occassions.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:01 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Bob
take him down to St. Pete - Sarasota area with all the blue hair drivers and that will be a great training ground! Let him drive you over the Sky Way Bridge! Wear some PAMPERS
Old 01-13-2006, 05:48 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all. I guess that I will live through it.

Dan, I would love to have that agreement. Sounds like something I should have signed when I was his age.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan,

I'd like to see the agreement also... My step-daughter is 15, going on 40... She'll be driving on her own in just two months. Scary stuff!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:23 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
Bob
BTDT. Apart from the obvious jokes, it's serious business & whenever your kid is out driving there's a moment of panic when the phone rings. If you'd like, I'll email my "Car Agreement" to you. Each of my 2 kids (sons) signed it when they got their driver's license as a condition of driving our cars. It reflects the importance w/which my wife & I viewed their driving responsibilities & our obligations to keep everyone safe. They're now 22 & 23 & neither has ever had an accident, although there were a few "fast driving" awards for which they did some community service (their dad's idea). Both kids have said in retrospect the agreement was a great idea ... and that it worked, especially as it relates to drinking & driving..
Dan,

If you can, would you mind just posting it here in this thread? I'd love to have a copy.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:03 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Michael/Jeff - Happy to send it. Shoot me an email & I'll respond. It's too long to post here.

Bob/Matt

Last edited by Dan 96C2 St.Louis; 01-17-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: OT - Son gets Learners Permit today