Sponsored by: DashLynx

What's up Guys! VIPER vs. 993

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 12:56 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeff, nothing in the works until spring... just the clear corners, new matts, and a carnewal spandex red car cover
Old 01-13-2006, 12:56 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jdoc7 - been there, done that. Where do you think Viberbob came from? Give me a call if you want what will work, and what will not. (let's see, Porsche Big Reds, Koni 2812s (as you still have the SUV model Viper), 1.7 rockers, and all kinds of other stuff) Also what guys you can trust as vendors (NONE). I had a guy revalving my shocks that was arrested and his girlfriend had to send my parts back. Then look on ANY board and you will see John Hennesey being BURNED in.... celebration... Tough world there. No folks like Steve Weiner and Gert...

Oh, and you better start saving for the 3.73 gears (do not do the wussy 3.55s) as the super T-56 with STUPID 5-6 gears built onto the main shaft are good for 250 MPH with the factory 3.07s. STUPID. Then the 8 core aluminum radiator, throttle bodeies, air box, silicon air tubes.... I'm getting excited..

Then there is the 2000 fan setup (better cooling) and the 2000 MY oil pan gasket (1/2 inch aluminum spacer that gives anotherquart of oil in the system) and the list goes on with any car
Old 01-13-2006, 01:07 AM
jdoc7
Pro

Hey Viperbob,

I was hoping you would chime in at some point. You are right about some of the people in the Viper community. Yes, John Hennessy, Elite Motorsports, and Archer Racing all have some shady practices, especially Hennessy whose name you see attached with numerous complaints. He is a down right crook. In any case, I'll have to disagree with your comment about there not being anyone like Gert or Weiner in the Viper world. Chuck Tator is THE Viper Wizard and I'd say he is the most upstanding person I've ever dealt with in the automotive industry period. Jason Heffner is another. I guess my biggest beef with the Viper crowd is that there's so much trash talking about who's got the biggest *****, most HP, etc, etc blach blah. The RL community is truly a gentlemans haven!
As for 3.73, too many guys have had traction problems when supercharging, even with the 3.55's so I'll likely stay with the 3.07's I have been contemplating 3.33's but can't seem to find any available. Airbox, smooth tubes, 3" catback, hi-flow cats and headers already done. I will also be adding a Water/Meth kit with the Supercharger to lower intake charge, of course a VEC2 to tune this thing....now I'm getting excited! LOL!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:17 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

What a car though. Unreal torque and power potential (with 8 liters a moron can get 600 HP). You are in for an experience. I had every ricer in the world always wanting to race. Add to that the number of folks that literally crashed their cars when driving and they were watching the car. Once you get use to the blind spot the size of New York to your left, and the gas pedal under the steering wheel you will be fine. Enjoy the new toy
Old 01-13-2006, 01:17 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeff, just to let you know that the C2 hasn't lost it's appeal... took her to the track the last weekend in October for some get acquainted foreplay (the set up is awesome btw) and a guy from Seattle wanted to know if I would sell her! Left his name & number under the wiper. I thought to myself jeez man... I haven't even had a chance to get to second base with her yet.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:20 AM
jdoc7
Pro

Jeff, just to let you know that the C2 hasn't lost it's appeal... took her to the track the last weekend in October for some get acquainted foreplay (the set up is awesome btw) and a guy from Seattle wanted to know if I would sell her! Left his name & number under the wiper. I thought to myself jeez man... I haven't even had a chance to get to second base with her yet.
Great story! She is a looker and I miss her! Wish I could have both! Damn!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

The Viper is one of my favorite cars; love the audaciousness! Thanks for sharing and keeping us up-to-date.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:24 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Oh yes I forgot to mention, how do you like the front calipers that came on the early '90s C2s for your front brakes, and the rears a s single piston from Renault (well you have to ahve a parking brake...). Think about an upgrade...
Old 01-13-2006, 01:25 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

They would have made a great couple. She is indeed a looker... you know you do have visitation rights.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:32 AM
jdoc7
Pro

Oh yes I forgot to mention, how do you like the front calipers that came on the early '90s C2s for your front brakes, and the rears a s single piston from Renault (well you have to ahve a parking brake...). Think about an upgrade...
Yes...the braking department is certainly lacking, not even ABS until 2000. The Stoptech kit looks nice. Currently I just have Eradispeed Cross-drilled 2-piece rotors with stock calipers. Previous owner did that more for show than go. So much to do! That's what keeps motorsports fun!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great (except the suspension which I agree needs lowering).

It's a shame you never see these things at track (at least I haven't), I guess you see them at drag strip but not at real track.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:48 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Finn,
We had two at our last track event of the year. Very quick in the straits...
Old 01-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Driven loads of these cars and they are lots of fun. Seriously considered buying one before I bought the TT. I don't in any way regret my decesion. That said I WILL own a viper before I die.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:18 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

They are kind of fun to frive at the track. He is my '97 at Button Willow. You can see the Big Red Brakes if you look close.

Last edited by viperbob; 05-21-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:46 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I've seen a few at the track, mostly at Moroso. They were untouchable in the straights, obviously. Unfortunately, they were being driven by what I could only descrbie as "grandmas," so in the turns they were holding everyone up.

I love the Gen-2 Vipers. They're just raw. I actually really like the way they look, too. They new ones look like crap imho. From what I understand, the 96-97 are the best to have, they have the strongest (forged) internals? ViperBob can correct me if I'm wrong on this...

Quick Reply: What's up Guys! VIPER vs. 993