Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 09:36 AM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Last Detail... Chicago, IL

Has anyone seen this car before?
http://www.thelastdetail.com/galleri...0&make=Porsche

Also, anyone know a good place for a PPI in the area?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:03 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Never seen it, but it looks nice. Bit spendy, though. Perfect Power would be a close place for a PPI (but make sure they don't deal with the current owner cuz I've heard stories). I'd recommend Andy at Eurocar (near Ohare) over Perfect Power, if he can fit you in. Tell him Eric sent you. 847-455-1006
Old 01-04-2006, 12:43 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The Last Detail is well known around here to demand a premium for whatever they sell (often several thousand above what other dealers will sell at) and they do NOT budge off price. I have not heard anything good or bad about them (only about their premium and firm pricing)
Old 01-04-2006, 01:22 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Funny you ask. I did see that car. I didn't look too close though. I was there in Sept. to look at a 964, so I know it's been there at least that long.

I'd recommend Andy at Eurocar
Hey TheOtherEric That must be your yellow 993 I've seen there. I'm a loyal Andy Anwar customer. I actually bought my car through his shop. I believe I met you at Road America. In the stands near turn seven back in Sept. ?
Old 01-04-2006, 01:40 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

I actually bought a car from there a couple of years ago. they were honest, the owner is a real enthusiast and they've been around quite awhile. Price was a premium, but they had exactly what I wanted in a low mileage, near perfect C2S, and they actually worked with me on price, and so it worked out very well. A friend of mine had a similar positive experience. This one seems a little high in price - but again, anyone's opinion about what is a 'good' price is almost meaningless and usually based on dated or very individualized experience. After looking around for a few months you can get a fair assessment of what the real current values are for these cars. And in the end if its exactly what you want (color, options, stock or whatever your ideal is), been well taken care of, well-documented history of maintenance/ownership, etc, then the 3-5K dollars should really not be that critical of a factor. At this price everything should be perfect I would say. As is obvious from this board just be sure to factor into your budget the modifications that you might want to make.

bill
Old 01-04-2006, 02:39 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrouder
Funny you ask. I did see that car. I didn't look too close though. I was there in Sept. to look at a 964, so I know it's been there at least that long.
I noticed that too--mainly by the green, green grass in the background. Us Midwesterns know that it has been green around here for a long time.

Last edited by InTheAir; 05-03-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:22 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like that Vesuvio Metallic paint. Something you don't see every day. Looks like a reasonable price on a nice looking S if it checks out. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:54 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Eric,

Does Eurocar do corner balance, alignment and suspension set up?

Are they open Saturdays?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:09 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

mbrouder- If that was you hanging out with Chris T. at RA, then yup we've met! Small world.

AG- Eurocar can easily do suspension installs. They also have corner balance scales, and I'm trying to get him to corner balance my car soon. Not sure if his scales actually work. He can't do alignments, so he takes his cars to an alignment shop. I have no idea if said shop understands kinematic toe adjustments, however. OTOH, I'm not sure that ANYBODY in Chicago can properly adjust kinematic toe for our cars.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:14 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cool. I will call the number you provided.

Thank you sir.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:15 AM
infinii
Instructor

Has anyone done a PPI on this car? Seems to have been sitting on this lot for a *long* time. Hard to believe for such a rare colour and C2S as well.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:55 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by infinii
Has anyone done a PPI on this car? Seems to have been sitting on this lot for a *long* time. Hard to believe for such a rare colour and C2S as well.
if you click the link ad, you will see it says SOLD so they don't have it any more
Old 06-06-2006, 02:48 PM
gdepree
Intermediate

In case anyone is wondering -- The Last Detail has been committed to quality service and cars for quite awhile in this area. They are expensive, but you most definitely get what you pay for. The staff is quite friendly and the owner, as stated previously, is an enthusiast.

Quick Reply: The Last Detail... Chicago, IL