993 Forum 1995-1998

Progression pics of my C4S (RUF)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Progression pics of my C4S (RUF)

Her guys...here is a link to my blog. It has pre-purchase pics of my car (car was bought site-unseen. And then the slow progression since then. Car was purchased in March of 2005. In the last pics the rear wheels look funny, since I have yet to install my RUF Rear wheel spacers. Also soon to come:
-RUF Front/Rear Bumpers
-RUF Mufflers/Tips
-RUF Coilovers (Already in my possession)
-RUF Badges
-Subwoofers (Behind rear seats)

PLEASE give me comments!!!! THANKS! I'll take more pics when i get the other stuff on!

LINK: http://www.blogger.com/profile/14814187

Click on My Porsche Carrera 4S

ADAM
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Wow,

Adam,

Car is looking good. I love them black RUF wheels. It looks so nice on a SY car. Vary nice accent and contrast.

The rest of the site is cool too.

Congratulations.

CP
Old 12-05-2005, 05:57 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Thankks CP, always appreciate your comments! I thought I sent these pictures to you a few months ago....like the DAY they were taken. Did you never receive them? ANYHOW, as SOON as I get back to the USA and put the wheel spacers and coils on it'll be time for a photo shoot....then time to save up for some RUF bumpers! I'm sure everyone thyinks putting RUF badges on my PORSCHE is a tad poseur....but I am so obsessed with the brand and logo I can't help myself. I will have the following RUF parts on my car, so I figure it's close to ok:
-RUF SHIFT ****
-RUF STEERING WHEEL
-RUF PEDALS
-RUF DEAD PEDAL
-RUF FLOOR MATS
-RUF DOOR SILLS
-RUF GAUGES
-RUF BUMPERS
-RUF A-Pillar TREATMENT
-RUF SPOILER MODULE
-RUF STRUT BAR
-RUF SWAYS
-RUF COILOVERS
-RUF MUFFLERS
-RUF TIPS
-RUF BUMPERS
-RUF BADGES

Is that enough to justify it? Only thing missing: RUF VIN...but RUFUS has them and it's not a RUF VIN car...so I considered it ok.
ADAM
Old 12-05-2005, 06:14 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Tasteful mods, but I see you're adding Ruf badges without doing the engine work. Sorry dude, that's just poser. Or poseur if you prefer. It's pathetic when people put M or Turbo or whatever badges on their base-model cars. Weak. If I saw you on the street I'd point and laugh, and so would all my friends. Seriously.

Hey, you did ask.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:24 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Ok Eric, I understand where you are coming from BUT:
-RUF is a tuning company just as much as a Manufacturer. Like putting an STi badge on a WRX.....if the car has STI parts....you can do it....cuz STI sells aftermarket parts. Putting an M badge on a 318 is different though....cuz M is not an aftermarket company. ANd putting a Turobb badge on a non-turbo car is also stupid, for obvious reasons. NOW...I was int eh process of taking out a loan to do a Turbo R conversion on my car.....contacted RUF Dallas and everything...BUT apprently they no longer offer this mod, as parts are no longer available! HOW MUCH does that suck!?!? Side note: When i drove a WRX STI My car had an STi badge (for obvious reasons{it came witht he car from the factory}) but I added a ZEROSPORTS badge, as the car had more ZEROSPORTS parts than any other STi in the USA. I figured this was also appropriate. Badges are a tasteful way of showing/advertising what you have done to the car.....without using Vinyl...heehee

ADAM
Old 12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by adams993
...ANd putting a Turobb badge on a non-turbo car is also stupid, for obvious reasons. ...
But that's exactly what you're doing by putting a Ruf badge on your car! As far as I know, Ruf never made an N/A version of the 993, so it's clearly a poser move to put on a Ruf badge. Quite simply, your car doesn't deserve the badge regardless of the number of glued-on parts you installed. Apart from the obvious fact that it's not a real Ruf anyway.

Otherwise the mods sound good. Post pics when it's all done. The Ruf bumpers are sweet. Just don't make me call you "poser" again.

By the way, I lusted after this car when it was for sale in san antonio last winter and even discussed price with the owner. Glad it went to a Rennlister. Not glad it went to a poser. oops that one slipped out, sorry
Old 12-05-2005, 06:44 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Wow Eric......I am done posting in this thread. If you are trying to be funny, it is not quite working man. It is indeed my car....i think. I enjoy your car. You have a lot of RS parts. That is great. I have nothing bad to say man. Wish you could follow the same path without the maliciousness. NOW, putting a TURBO badge on an NA car....hmmmm. that is QUITE different in my opinion from putting a RUF badge on an NA car. Here is why: Putting a Turbo badge on an NA car: Car has No turbo, why advertise it does. Putting a RUF badge on a car with a ton of RUF parts: Car HAS RUF parts, why not advertise it. But hey, what do I know.....just a poseur.
ADAM
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I knew this would get good. :-P

Adam, your car looks great, a little much for me, but it's still a sy wb 993. As far as the Ruf thing goes, I have mixed emotions. I personally wouldn't go that route, but I don't necessarily think your a poser, I mean you do have a bunch of Ruf parts. I think being "modest" about upgrades is typically the best way to go, but to each his own.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:01 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

David, I agree with you, I too have mixed emotions, but I figure I'll try it out. I appreciate your CONTRCUTIVE comments. Cheers.
ADAM
Old 12-05-2005, 07:05 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Adam- I don't mean to offend, I'm just giving you my honest opinion. If I meant to be mean I wouldn't have bothered to explain myself.

Like I said, I love what you've done with your car, it's just those 3 letters on the decklid that I'm ribbing you about. It's all in good fun.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Ok, well the good fun came across os not very fun-ny....atleat to me. The constant use of Poseur....but it's ok. Ok, how bout this then. I'll rock the "3 letters" you rock the crest. I like your car...you dislike mine. Deal? (this is said with all sincerity....although upon second reading it sounds rude)
ADAM
Old 12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by adams993
... I'll rock the "3 letters" you rock the crest. I like your car...you dislike mine. Deal?
What do you mean? Maybe I just need my afternoon coffee but I don't know what "rock the crest" means.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:17 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Rock the crest: hmmm, maybe I am really young. I dunno, it's also maybe a west coast thing. If I wear some cool shoes I "rock them" I Rock my nikes....or rock my new jacket. so you "rock" your Porsche Crest, and I'll "rock" my RUF bages. And we'll keep it at that? Tu comprends? Si non....désolé.
ADAM
Old 12-05-2005, 08:41 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So If I put Porsche wheels, brakes, seats, steering wheel and a crest on a VW is it a Porsche? NO its a VW with Porsche parts. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not a Porsche. Same with the your C4S. It's a Porsche with RUF parts, not a RUF. Nothing wrong with that, it's a nice looking car, but its not a RUF as your badges suggest. JMHO.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:24 PM
petermartin
Advanced

Thumbs down

Let me get this straight the Porsche crest on my Suzuki Samurai is...

Quick Reply: Progression pics of my C4S (RUF)