Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progression pics of my C4S (RUF)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 05:10 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

adsc4s: Thanks...I think. Except for the name calling....again. I think the lid has been nailed on the coffin.

TheOtherEric: Again, a nice tactful comment. I was simply requesting a "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" idea. Apparently that is not in your encylopedia? I don't appreciate the sarcasm mate. But hey, you do your thing...i'll do mine. Still have nothing bad to say about you or your car. But go ahead and keep nay-saying me and mine. Hope it works out well for you. Funny I'm the 22y/o, shouldn't I be the one acting like a child? Correct if wrong.

mborkow: I LOVE that car! I will have the bumpers...but not the rest....the widebody and rear clip is SO cool though!

mac993: The badges are not on the car, so again, thanks for everyone's sarcasm. It's great! Quite productive.

pcar964: No need to try to stnad up for the cause here. I appreciate your PM.....but it's a losing battle out here in the field. These guys have formed their opinions....no swaying them. Thanks though! I agree!

AOW162435: Because, that is a private blog...well WAS a private blog until I put it up here for you guys to see my car. Figured you'd all appreciate it. ANYHOW, I also post on a DIOR HOMME forum....Dior Homme clothes (The past seasons atleast) are as expensive and rare as RUF parts. DIor Homme has an underground following. HUGE in Paris (where I live, the fashion capitol) and HUGE in Japan. Growing in the states too. On the forum we post pictures of hard to get and not so hard to get peices. Some peices are one offs, some are mass produced. it is another hobby, just like car modding. Not really normal for one to be into Couture, AND car modding though....so I suppose many of the people on this board will find it strange/stupid.

Done defending myself, only responding to productive comments. We are all adults here (well except you all probably don't consider me one), let's pleae be courteous, or atleast tactful.
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Feehliks
Instructor

Originally Posted by adams993
Done defending myself, only responding to productive comments. We are all adults here (well except you all probably don't consider me one), let's pleae be courteous, or atleast tactful.
ADAM
Guess what,, Adam? You complain about certain comments made, etc. You "defend" yourself. I think you are actually enjoying this and yourself. Obviously you like to be the center of attention.

Best regards,

Felix
Old 12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Ok Feehliks. No more defending.
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 06:00 PM
CORRADO_RS
7th Gear

Great looking car Adam. I'm jealous. I'm almost 30 and still don't own a Porsche. Congrats on being able to afford the payments you have.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

CORRADO_RS: THanks mate! Triump the insult Comic Dog is one of my favorite pass-times! LOL...good avatar!
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
EThec
Racer

Jeez....Lol. i ribbed a guy once on the 997 board because he thought he was too good or too lazy (not sure which) to wash his own car and was too cheap to pay for a hand car wash. Give Adam a break.... he's at least a real enthusiast, which is more than I can say for the elitist guy with the 997.
Adam, skip the badges.... you've got a nice car with some tasteful RUF parts. A RUF badge really is saying you have RUF power.... which you don't. At least that's what 99% of people will think when they look at your car. But, it's your car.... if that's the illusion you want to create... who's to stop you? "Rock" your RUF badges if you want... but I think most here are just trying to make the point that impressing others isn't what it's about. Subconsciously, that's what it appears you are trying to do if you go with RUF badges. ...just my $.02.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:29 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

The funny thing is this, the badges woudl be for me, not others. Not many people in the Seattle area know what RUF is.....they will not understand, thus not for them. And I am not out to impress anyone. I wouldn't have bought Yellow if this were the case...as most people mock yellow cars. The Ruf badges are tiny.....and not really noticeable....thus not meant to grab attention. I dunno man! I totally agree with you though...but I am not trying to create ANY illusion...which is what the majority of this board is suggesting.....I just want to put a RUF logo on to signify my understated mods (like an STi badge on a a WRX with STi parts, or a lorinser badge on a Lorinser kitted MB). It is in NOT way MEANT to incinuate that i now own a RUF....quite the contrary....I just like the logo (seriously...good design) and I want to put it on my car. Everything else already says it....except the owners manual....and the GT3 seats still have the porsche crest. If anyone were to ASK "Is that a RUF" I would forcomingly say "no, just has lots of RUF parts." I would never say "yeah man, Turbo R" as that would be stupid. But I feel you! And by the way, tell that 997 owner to get off his yacht and wash his OWN damn car! Heehee
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Adam,

I will go philosophical on you here a little. As I'm old enough to be your father, you can take this either as experience and maturity, or with a grain of salt.

You posted this thread hoping for comaradiare, adulation, and enthusiastic thumbs ups. You have a nice 993, and appreciation from 993 fanatics would make you feel good all over. Unfortunately, the reaction/comments are not necessarily what you expected/wanted.

The lesson here is that often in life, we don't get what we want, no matter how good the intention, and or how hard we work at it. As judgement lies with other people and we have NO control over how they feel or what they say, it is best that we can just take the card dealt to us and move on. Explanations and justifications usually don't change too many minds. The satisfaction and happiness comes easier from yourself being satisfied with what you attained in life, not what other people say or think. I know that if my happiness or sense of achievement rest with other's judgement, I will be a pretty miserable man.

That being all said, let me say that with or without RUF's goodies, you have a beautiful car, and achieving that at age 22, there are many who would like to be in your shoes.

Have a happy holiday.

CP
Old 12-06-2005, 06:55 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Love the clothes!! Ah, to be 22 and gay in Paris! (not that there's anything wrong with it)
Old 12-06-2005, 06:56 PM
PorscheDavid
Racer

Hey Adam...car looks awesome...great color, great seats...the RUF steering wheel looks and feels terrific. Do what makes you happy...
Old 12-06-2005, 07:21 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Adam,

CP is a very wise man, and worth a listen. So is David. Don't worry about pleasing others... do what makes you feel good. Many on this board add the "aero" kit to their NA cars. There are various reasons why they do it, but many will be asked frequently about their "turbo". That doesn't make it wrong... or right. We all love to personalize our cars and make them a bit different than the next one, and to make them an expression of our own taste. Not our neighbor's taste, not a Rennlist taste... OURS and ours alone. Have fun and enjoy.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:31 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

CP: I read you loud and clear. Anyone smart enough to drive a RUF is worth an open ear...or two! I don't really care about others opinons much man....i just cna never understand why some people must bash others to freely....doesn't make sense. BUT i understand that those who do are not really worthy of my attention, or worth my troubles.

jw97C2S: Wow, "22 and gay in Paris" Well, someone has better tell my mother, and girlfriend of 3 years. Heck, thanks for telling ME I'm gay...I had no idea! Without you I never woudl have known. As the French would say "Ferme ta geulle, connard!"

PorscheDavid: Thanks, yes the RUF wheel DOES look/feel great. Thanks mate!

Steve: You rock man! Still waiting for a word back from RUF about the rear bumper issue we spoke about....I'll keep you posted. I BET that the RUF mufflers will fit.....I think they would have to....don't you?
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

CP: I do however care when people like jw97C2S make homophobic comments/assumptions. I am often put off by this. I love when people assume that since i'm into fashion I am gay. Way for them to jump to conclusions....right? Well, atleast people like you, Steve and David work on a slightly more logical system. Again, I need to call my GF....she will be quite upset that we can't sleep in the same bed anymore.....since I am now pronounced gay.....according to jw97C2S. LOL have a happy holiday too Pong! I'll be home for christmas, as they say.
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 07:37 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Adam, don't take it personally. We'd bash the he** out of ANYBODY who puts a Ruf badge on the decklid of their a NA car. We're equal opportunity bashers
Old 12-06-2005, 07:41 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

I'm not, does that mean I am not welcome here by you "equal opportunity bashers"? Seems like it's only a few of you who are bashers.....the rest seem quite helpful and nice. Still love your car. Still have nothing bad to say abbout it or you. Still nothing to bash.
ADAM

Quick Reply: Progression pics of my C4S (RUF)