Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progression pics of my C4S (RUF)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:56 AM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey why dont you guys just cane the kid to death??? he has a nice looking 993, he wasnt asking for your opinion, but sharing his passion much like most of us do. right or wrong........

fisterd, i know he did say give him comments, but i dont think that is what he had in mind.

i do agree with the others though, i tactfully wouldnt recommend applying the exterior badges.

by the way adam, with 172 posts, a membership would make an excellent christmas gift to yourself, and also, the boys might be a little easier on you the next time.

Last edited by faster; 12-06-2005 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 AM
greglionb
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they've made their point. Far as I can tell, the dispute is over a couple of badges that I didn't even notice in the pictures. I'm sure he wouldn't miss them that much and it really is a step over the line. Otherwise he has a unique ride.

And while we're offering the "constructive" criticism... I'd switch back to the C4S sills man. They're much sweeter and if you paint the "S" red, it would go great w/ the yellow body.

(Edit)

Did I notice you switched out stock sport seats for GT3 ones? Wow...

Last edited by greglionb; 12-06-2005 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 12-06-2005, 02:22 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by faster
hey why dont you guys just cane the kid to death??? he has a nice looking 993, he wasnt asking for your opinion, but sharing his passion much like most of us do. right or wrong........
PLEASE give me comments!!!! THANKS! I'll take more pics when i get the other stuff on!
He was asking.
The car looks great. I wouldn't put RUF badges on "my" car, but you can do whatever you like to your car. To each his own. Nice work.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:30 AM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mac993: do you not understand that RUF is also a tuning company and not ONLY a manufacturer though? They sell aftermarket part to be installed on a porsche. And i feel the badges don't suggest the CAR is a ruf, but rather imply the parts installed....the steering wheel says RUF, so do the floormats, and door sills, and pedals, and wheel centercaps....does that too make me a poseur?

petermartin: uh huh.
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 04:23 AM
Feehliks
Instructor

This is how far I "dared" to go: My car is stock, but I use a Ruf-licence plate holder. It says "Ruf Automobile - Tel...". I feel sort of "entitled" to do that since my car gets serviced there and I bought it via Ruf and guess what, it came with this holder. Ruf is also a pretty big service shop.

Well, as long as Adam is not going to apply Ruf badges to the hoods it's not that bad. Most car nuts would recognize anyways since the bumpers are stock and there is no wing. Those wheels are Ruf wheels, aren't they? So why not a Ruf center cap?

The color is cool, the combination with black interior, too. The seats are very good (and save lots of weight, good for a C4S). I like the stock pedals better because they look so much Beetle-like. The C4S badge on the passenger airbag is pimin'. Do you think your passenger would not recognize where he is in? I have experienced this only once with a 70+ yrs. old gentleman.

Felix
Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 AM
drmrfi
Instructor

Originally Posted by adams993

PLEASE give me comments!!!! THANKS!

ADAM
When you ask for comments, there´s always a risk that they are not 100% positive

RUF badges are a two edged sword...
Ricers and Playstation generation will think you are a god and...
Porschephiles will know instantly that you are a fake poser.

It´s your car and it´s your choice...

Mika
Old 12-06-2005, 05:06 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

opinion-
you are a great product of consumerism (we all are to diff. degrees). badges are god to some because so much emotional value has been built into them... marketing 101. "perceived value" is everything to most. ( ruf = exclusive club )

adam just don't completely become a chicken head... take it from a guy who only wore prada, ysl, dior, and got take-out from nobu. ---> & yeah shopped @ colette. it's all a bunch of crap that becomes last seasons line.

fact. no matter how much ruf you put on the car YOU will always know it's not a real ruf. (imho: the ruf sills start lookin' desperate) next? a ruf key-fob to flash around?

though an unmolested porsche tends to stand the test of time & become classic, you still want to convert your car but can't. so... go buy a real ruf.

... & btw: did you peel that nasty logo off your dash that the p.o. put on? now that guy was a tasteless chicken head biatch.

btw: adam you should consider joining rennlist it's exclusive & you get a sticker in this seasons colors too.

Last edited by 24FPS; 12-06-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Chris Berendes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Felix,

like your license plate. Mine is D-OC
Will definitively recognize you on the Autobahn

cheers,
Chris
Old 12-06-2005, 06:58 AM
sweanders
Race Director

I don't think that Alois would approve.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:09 AM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Maybe it is destined to become more a RUF, are you planning any engine work?

Nice looking car, just don't get cocky at traffic lights with the wrong cars or you'll get found out.

You could say that those who put Turbo bumpers on the front (like myself) are making the car appear to be something that it is not, I agree, but it looks good.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:13 AM
mborkow
Drifting

without the ruf engine work, i don't think the ruf hood and engine badges should go on the car (which looks great, btw)
Old 12-06-2005, 12:01 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to their car... after all, its our car to do what we want with.

Some on this board strive to make their cars "period correct", others to make it as close to Euro spec as possible <raises hand>.

If Adam wants to RUF it out, cool.

I do wonder how these mods would affect resale value though... my guess would be that there are more people looking for a "clean", "period correct" car than one which has had excessive mods (modulo a new suspension for example)..
Old 12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

faster: Unfortunately I did ask for comments....figured we dicuss more than how stupid I am for even considering putting these badges on the car.....guess some people have one track minds! LOL...thanks for the comments, compliments, and backing. And the more people "suggest" me to join the more I am detered....read the other thread this conversation ahs arrisen in....."C4S jerk"...or something.

greglionb: The badges are not on yet, thus you did not notice them. I hated the knock off C4S sills that came with my car....I love my RUF ones....so they stay. And yes, they are GT3 seats....thanks for the compliments.

FisterD: Thanks man...it is my car....thus my choice. I will be thinking about it.

Feehliks: The centercaps ARE RUF....and so are the wheels. The car doesnt have a wing cuz I hate the Turbo wing...and love the rear slops. And as stated in the first post, RUF bumpers will be installed within a few months.

drmrfi: Harsh words...."Fake Poser". hmmm.

24FPS: Colette is rad man. I am very into fashion. My mother is a fashion designer, and I work at the W Seattle Hotel....so fashion is a part of me. I disagree completely that the RUF doorsills are "pushing it" as they are NO different from a RUF steeringwheel, or RUF shift kknob, or RUF floormats. They are simply a logo. No RUF Keyfob for me...btu I do keep my Car keys on a DIOR HOMME keychain....does that make my car a Porsche 911 Dior edition? Just wondering. "go buy a RUF" is funny to me.....I'll head out right now and "pick one up". I am in debt for hte next 6 years paying off a "cheap" C4S...so as close to RUF as I'm getting is the parts. I'd get the conversion if I could. But I cant. RUF dallas informed me of this!

sweanders: Good call.....but here is the thing man. You can go take your car to RUF and buy RUF badges if you want. So why would he sell them if he didn't intend them to be put on cars (potentially) as aftermarket. Just a question. Ruf parts are RUF parts! Whether you have a steering wheel, or full conversion....the car will still have a Porsche VIN. Steve has RUF badges on his 993...which is a conversion....is he breaking the rules too? Everyone says do motorwork and hten it iwll be acceptable. The ONLY motorwork they offer is Mufflers for the NA cars. Would this be enough to "appease" the masses? Just wondering?

GabiOsz: Turbo bumpers are a similar mod to RUF badges...you put them on cuz you like it. Regardless of what it incinuates....I was planning on engine work, but RUF only offers mufflers for the NA C4S as they no longer offer the full Turbo conversion!

mborkow: Thank you for your concise and structured comment. I appreciate it (and the compliment as well. OTHERS....take notice!!!!!!

EVERYONE ELSE: I posted pics fo my car hoping to get a few compliments.....yes indeed I got a few.I had always seen this board as a supportive place...but now I feel the contrary may be the case. Lots of condecending sarcasm...etc. Regardless. I am sick of hearing negative comments. everything has been said. Please only post if you have something constructive to say, or something that is not already said. THANKS! Have a good rest of your days!
ADAM
Old 12-06-2005, 12:21 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Guy's go easy on this kid, after all, he already wants to move to France. (Chacun a son gout!)
I intend to put GT2 front spoiler and rear wing on my car, but NEVER at GT2 badge.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:21 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

C4S-fan: I have thought of resale too...but then I have also thought of the following options. These RUF parts can be sold and replaced with factory peices (period correct). OR I coudl just keep the car forever, as I plan to do. Eventually turbocharging it.....etc etc. And getting a Gallardo when I cna afford it...heehee. Thanks for your insight! MUCH appreciated!
ADAM

Quick Reply: Progression pics of my C4S (RUF)