Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheels
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Leon993
Racer

3-piece HREs....forged aluminum makes all the difference in the world.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
bcaway
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never seen so many cool wheels!

I'm rolling with Imola Design 19's on my C2S

and black RUF Speedline 18's on NB 993
Old 01-22-2011, 10:12 AM
ToniPalermo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black 5-Spokes

My cab with AP 5-Spokes and polished lips...

Toni
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

More pics and additional details on your front bumper vent/mesh mod please?

Originally Posted by bcaway
....and black RUF Speedline 18's on NB 993
Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the flat faced RUF wheels on a previous car....heavy, but man were they gorgeous...
Old 01-31-2011, 02:15 AM
DM1
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my C2
Attached Images   
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Jackcas
Instructor

Wow! There are some nice wheels on here! Here are my photos - 993 with 18" FIKSE wheels

https://i.imgur.com/JkD1X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XHGEe.jpg
Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
fpcruz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trojanman
Yeah, what's wrong with a nice set of twists?

Uh, any you guys wanna trade?

And there you go, of all wheels and rims I have seen so far (with the exception of a couple of BBS's ), these are the best looking rims for a 993, and the only ones that should ever to be allowed to be fastened to it.
I'm sorry but I really don't understand this need of messing with the way porsches look. Because they look their best when stock. These are not like hondas or any other cars, if you really do feel the need to mess with car rims and bumpers and grills, don't do them to cars like these because if somebody does, he/she is literally doing no more than: Ruining another example, crossing off the list one more car of the "n" that were made of that model. Call me old fashioned, but somethings are just not meant to be. In the same way that boats are not meant to fly, trains are not supposed go underwater, sons are not supposed to marry their mothers, horses are not meant to mate with elephants, men are not supposed to (I think at this point everyone has realized that my list could simply go on and on and on, and I understand that nowerdays we live in a free world, and we are supposed to accept all sorts of things and ways and customs and opinions, and I respect and accept that --or at least try to-- as long as my life is not interfered with), which leads to my point: If one considers himself to be a true car enthusiast/lover/"connaisseur"/ follower of a marque, whatever, then one HAS to share the opinion that, certain cars are supposed to be left the way they were originally designed to be, with very few rare execptions.
I mean to offend absolutely nobody here, and as honestly as possible, hand on heart, I do mean that, BUT MY GOD, some people here clearly, really do suffer from a serious sight disease, have no taste, or simply do not have a clue of what their doing. Because some of the cars I have seen here, truly appeal to my super very sad side. By this I mean, feeling pityful for the people that have, in their right mind, deliberately done these "monstrosities" to a car.
I am sorry, I know I am way out of line, and I should really take my rants and agravations somewhere else, I thought very carefuly about writing this but today I just had to. You post your opinions and tonight I have posted mine. Even though being fully aware of the fact that I am going to be crucified and this is going to be reported. Because by the looks of it, I really am outnumbered here for it appears that, more people find these modifications to be normal, than like me, for them to be shocking.

Okay I am now going to stop, because if I don't, what's to come is only more of the same, only worst. And that really isn't necessary, I think the point has been made.

My God, taking a step back after having read what I just wrote, boy oh boy did I get carried away.. What the hell, here it goes.

Trojanman, your car looks great, it really does...
Old 02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

That may be the single most emotional plea for OEM wheels I've ever seen in my life.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Maybe I'm weird but I don't think the 19"ers look balanced on the miniscule bodied 993. 18" hits the sweet spot IMO
44 on that. The rare 18" RuF wheel purportionally does the trick. Are there any pic's out there? Oh Lord make my MY98 C2S coupe in Arctic Silver metallic appear with a RuF 18" wheel set shod mit Michelin PS2s..
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by fpcruz
Edit / Delete portion of text.
My God, taking a step back after having read what I just wrote, boy oh boy did I get carried away.. What the hell, here it goes.
Honest, I like that.

The aftermarket wheel thing is an acquired taste I suppose. Back in 2000 when in Germany I'd bought a set of 18" Cup II replica's.... The wheels never did make it home as Lufthansa lost them - some how or another.
To this day my MY98 C2S coupe wears the 17" Cup II wheels that I ordered with the car. Great taste? Some would argue..... I'm just saying! LoL.

Is this a great place or what.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:00 PM
bcaway
Intermediate

fpcruz is a real purest, any I respect your opinion, but not necessarily agreed with, particularly when you attack others choices. I think everyone likes to personalize their cars to reflect their feelings and passion about their cars.

Personally I think wheels make the biggest difference to the look of a car (for better or worse)

My preference is 19"s on a 993, the thing that most annoys me about any "stock" manufacturer of cars wheels is they just about always make the wheel too dam small and its looks silly with such disproportionate gaps around the wheel arch to the tire. In a perfect world the gap should be even all the way around, with the 993 stock there is a huge gap infront and back of the wheel (ugly in my opinion)

lowering the car (like my RUF) looks better with 18's, but still has big gaps both sides of the tire.

The 19" however fit perfectly with a nice tight gap all the way around, and are much more pleasing to the eye, specifically on a wide-body

The style of wheel, well thats 100% personal preference.
If we took a POLL I think you will find the majority would not vote for a stock wheel.

The upside is you may be part of an exclusive group, good on you for having the kahonies to express your opinion!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
fpcruz
Intermediate

I'm much calmer now. lol.

By the way bcaway, I may have forgotten "a bit" to talk about the matter in discussion here, car wheels. Please don't get me wrong, I do love wheels, and you couldn't be more right when you said, a set of rims, decides upon wether the same car looks fantastic or looks crap. In fact, that is an argument I use a lot my self. Like I said before, there are a few rare exceptions. For instance some BBS's look just as good or sometimes may look even better than the best wheels the "house" can offer, in a car like a BMW or a Porsche or a VW GTI. But nevertheless, it is a path which has to be treaded very lightly. Again, a set of wheels, do "maketh" the car.
I find it to be of great lack of taste, if for example, 997 turbo rims are used on a 97 boxter. Or even worse, one of the most common sights one can witness here where I live (Portugal) is, BMW M6 rims (very weak 'attempts' of replicas) on a very crappy and poorly modded E36 3-series. And it may even be a diesel. Yes it is with a great deal of shame that I am saying this.. lol. An E60 M5 deserves no other wheels than the ones it comes with. At the most, you can opt for a set of BMW's gorgeous 172M '19s! And these are an extra from BMW that not a lot of people know about..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1286812887 check'em out fitted to a 540i with the M Pack

Just for the record so I make myself clear, basic 993 carrera wheels look absolutely revolting. When I say I like stock wheels, I am obviously talking about the turbo/C4s wheels. I think a 90's car does just fine with 18's. Much more than that and things begin to look out of place..

Wow, I guess I was able to get my point through without being an arrogant ***.

I still stand by what I said though LOL

This is why I never give my opinion in forum, it's useless, for some reason one or two lines never seem to cut the mustard for me.. As you can see, I do like to write and make sure everyone gets me lol..

This is in fact a great place though..
Old 02-10-2011, 11:37 PM
bcaway
Intermediate

Hey I agree fpcruz, and I like your style, this place would be very boring if we all had to be PC.

Quick Reply: Who has coolest wheels on their 993?