Pricing advice needed: '96 C2 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pricing advice needed: '96 C2 coupe

Hi Folks,

I am thinking about selling my 1996 C2 coupe and am seeking some guidance on setting a selling price. Details as follows:

Speed yellow/black partial leather/six speed/33,XXX miles. I have the original window sticker, bill of sale, all service records, manuals, keys, etc...30K service is done and new Pilot Sport II's were installed 2K miles ago. I have owned the car for three years and am the second owner.

Options include hifi stereo, 8 way power seats, rear wiper, 18" sport design wheels with painted crests, and tequipment sport exhaust and alum/lthr shifter.

My Dealer service rep tells me this is the nicest 993 he has seen in years. Superb condition inside and out. That said, there was previous damage to the right rear fender, so car is not "as new". Body work was done by the top high end shop in the area and can only be discerned by a trained eye. Still, want to be completely up front on the car's history.

Any thughts on how I should price my car?

Thanks much,

Steve
Old 10-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check edmunds.com, lazybones. Also check the classifieds on this board, lazybones. Also check the classifieds on the Porsche Club board or their monthly magazine (you have a Porsche - you ARE a member, aren't you?).
Old 10-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Ray,

Sorry to hear that you infer indolence from my post. You'd have to know me to know how funny that is, but thanks for the laugh. I have indeed checked the sources you suggest, but all they tell me is asking price, as oppossed to what I can expect the car to sell for. As to Edmunds, KBB, etc., most posters here have suggested that this data is not reliable for cars as specialized and low volume as ours.

At any rate, any real world insights from the knowledgeable members of this great community would be most welcome.

Regards,

Steve
Old 10-13-2005, 11:29 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm guessing you'll end up in the high $30s to $40K :-)
Old 10-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Steve...I would not sell for less than $35k...maybe you can do better with some patience if you are not in a hurry...I have a friend that might be interested...e-mail me a couple of pics if you can...or better yet...post them to this thread!

Take care and good luck...
Old 10-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a $40K 993 to me, but the body repair is a big variable I have no clue about. Hopefully some folks who've sold cars w/repaired damage will be able to share their selling experiences.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:28 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that more information on that body repair needs to be disclosed as far as pictures of the damage, exactly what happened, etc. Without the accident I think you are looking at low $40K for it, but I for one would not buy a previously wrecked Porsche unless I got it really cheap personally.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:37 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

I'd guess in the high 30's to 40 K also. If the damage was only to the right rear fender and didn't affect the frame (or any of the lines or engine), it's effect on the price should be minimal.

Al

PS-Evidently Ray was never informed that if one has nothing constructive to say they should say nothing at all.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Al...a little body work to the fender, as long as well done, it's not a big deal in my point of view...I'd buy your car if I'm in the market for a coupe...and congrats for being honest to disclose...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Thanks for the tremendous response everyone. In addition to these helpful posts I received a similar number of private messages. This gives me a much better idea of where I should be price-wise. I really appreciate it folks.

Regards,

Steve

PS: I'll post ad ad with pictures in the classifieds in the next day or two...

Quick Reply: Pricing advice needed: '96 C2 coupe