Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any shortcuts on cleaning inside the wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:22 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no offense to anyone who lives for concourse events BUT after reading all these comments, I am once again reminded why I am so happy to be out of the concourse scene... .....besides, a concourse judge might have a heart attack seeing my track 993 with all its imperfections and non-factory items.. LOL

...but each to their own.. ..just remember to ENJOY the car!! If you enjoy the car by cleaning and showing it, more power to you... I found out I enjoy it much more on the track with the paint full of rubber, dirt, bugs, etc.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Arrwin]Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, I will have to save it for next year as I won't be able to enter afterall. I have to be somewhere else that afternoon (funeral) and I won't have time to enter. I'm hoping to go early and spectate a little however.
[END QUOTE=Arrwin]

You're welcome.
As one other rennlister pointed out ...this is a 'BMW' event ...so yep, THEIR 'version' of street class rules may be very different from that pca webpage. THEY may NOT check the engine in their version of street class.
(I HOPE THEY DON'T!!!)

As far as I know, 'entrants' are allowed in as early as 9. The public is allowed in from 10 onwards and 'judging' starts at 11.

Sooooooo ....what I'm saying is -- and what has been inferred with other posters -- why not just _continue_ to clean your car, as you have been, and just 'enter' and learn from the experience! 11am is still 'far enuf' away from 'the afternoon' for you to be able to 'squeeze' both in, methinks.

If for nothing, you'll STILL end up with a super clean car for the weekend!

Cordially,

Gerry
Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
leeham
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took 'em off and pressure washed and then scrubbed the insides. While you're at it, paint the gray part of the brake rotor that has normally gotten scratched or turned brown. It makes a huge difference, even though I suspect it will not last. You can also touch up the caliper if there are any scratches with some caliper paint. If you only find the spray kind, then spray a bit into the cap and brush it on the caliper.

Result - 2nd in class at Porschefest - 281.8 / 285.

Quick Reply: Any shortcuts on cleaning inside the wheel?