Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Heated Sports Seats on eBay.. Not for the faint of heart!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is sooo stupid. I installed a pair of full leather recaro topline seats. They are NEW, full leather, heated, vented, lumbar and they actually hold you in the seat during corning. The seats costs less than $3k (via a group buy) and they look great. I dont understand why people want to pay 3-5k for used sport seats that really dont offer much over the stock seats besides the plastic back which looks cool if painted in the matching exterior color.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
this is sooo stupid. I installed a pair of full leather recaro topline seats. They are NEW, full leather, heated, vented, lumbar and they actually hold you in the seat during corning. The seats costs less than $3k (via a group buy) and they look great. I dont understand why people want to pay 3-5k for used sport seats that really dont offer much over the stock seats besides the plastic back which looks cool if painted in the matching exterior color.
Hey, hold on, I might be selling mine....this kinda talk just hurts the market !
Old 08-14-2005, 12:01 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Not that I would pay that kind of money, but I think its the OE stuff that purists prefer..
Old 08-14-2005, 12:02 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

same reason people like blondes vs. brunettes, or japanese food vs. korean, or etc. etc...

certainly entitled to your opinion, but i am not sure that it is "stupid" to want to keep a 993 oem... you may recall, i struggled with this decision back when i bought mine because they were so much damn $$... however, i am really glad that i got them... i think they look great and i know that i can sell them later if i decide to...
Old 08-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no offense to anyone on the 'stupid' comment, i know that people strive for OEM stuff, but i just find it hard to pay $3-5k for used seats that really are not much improved over the stock seats (yes, they look cool with the hard backs). I dont feel overly 'non-OEM' as recaro does make the porsche seats, so, the toplines look very 'natural and/or factory'.

Quick Reply: 993 Heated Sports Seats on eBay.. Not for the faint of heart!!