Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Headaches- Other Options (Denver)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 01:49 AM
jhale
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealership Headaches- Other Options (Denver)

I recently purchased this car and I have not been able to find a good mechanic/shop. This week I took the car to a local dealer to have the sun roof repaired and engine tray removed. We negotiated the labor ahead of time and I supplied the parts.

I picked up the car the following day and went to pay the invoice and I get charged for a shop fee (8% of the labor costs) plus a half hour for the engine tray removal! I raise a stink about the engine tray time and they credit me the time but won't budge on the shop fee. To make matters worse, when I get home and get out of the car I notice some tools and 2 razor blades in the back seat! I call the dealership and they tell me that they have "no idea where the razor blades came from and they don't use them." In addition, the service manager apparently quit the same day. This is the second service manager that has quit since I began taking my car to the local dealership.

I need someone (i.e.: dealership or other reputable garage) to install a new suspension (still making up my mind on the set up), HID's, speakers/amp, RS Splitters and future maintenance/service. I've reviewed the various DIY's but I'm not sure I want to educate myself on this car.

Does anyone know any reputable shops in the Denver area or is willing to lend a hand?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jon
Old 08-04-2005, 03:50 AM
kbonnel
Advanced

Hi John, sorry to hear about your dealership issues. I don't have any experience with any of the independent mechanics (or the dealership) as I don't have a 993 yet!!!... I did a quick search on "denver mechanic" in the 993 forum and found a couple of threads with recommendations.

Let us know what you find out.

Kimo
Old 08-04-2005, 04:16 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep... most dealers have a 1/2 hour min. charge. bol finding an indy.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:34 AM
dont h8me
Instructor

Jon,

I don't know what dealership you were talking about, either Stevinson or Prestige. Before I sold her, I took my car to PRestige and had Dave Pettiti work on it. He is an awesome guy and one of the best wrenches in town. He is also very active with our local PCA club, which, by the wy, is having its monthly meeting tonight! I would also recommend Mike at Storz garage or Eurosport Automotive. Both are excellent. PM me if you want to chat further.
I would help you myself but I have been court ordered not to pick up any power tools due to the fact that I am a complete idiot with them.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Jon,

In addition to polling the folks here from the Denver area, Iwould suggest contacting your local PCA chapter. They usually have a 'tech rep' listed that is a chapter member. He or she will point you in the right direction as far as an independent shop is concerned. I followed this route when I bought my 993 (first P-Car) and had NO idea of where to go for service. The local PCA chapter's recomendations were a big help. Still using the shop they suggested. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Unless the local dealership is owned by your brother in-law, given the age of our cars, there's absolutely no reason to frequent one. You're doing the right thing by asking for another recommendation on rennlist and Mike's advice is spot on. I found mine through a Rennlist referral and I can't speak enough of him - yes, Jay, if you're reading this, feel free to throw in a discount next time I'm in (Unfortunately, he's not in Denver!)
Old 08-04-2005, 03:02 PM
dont h8me
Instructor

The PCA tech rep in Denver will recommend the ones I am.....he recommended them to me when I started down the slippery slope last year.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:48 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,131 Likes on 2,889 Posts

I have not been to him yet, but Chris Cervelli is a longtime Rennlist member and PCA 993 racer who moved his shop to town last year. He would be very good at this type of work, I think.

Premier Motorsports
303-341-7666
Old 08-05-2005, 04:02 AM
jhale
Pro

Thanks everyone, this is good info. Donth8me, I checked out the Storz garage but didn't know anything about them. I'll check him out as well as Chris at Prestige. What bothered me the most is that the service rep @ the "other" dealership didn't offer any appology about the razor blades in the back seat! I have a son that plays around in the back seat! Any CO Rennlsiters ever install the HID's, turbo S ducts, clear signals and RS front spoiler?

Quick Reply: Dealership Headaches- Other Options (Denver)