Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, so who has the most beautiful 993 interior?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:22 AM
boostid
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff, Rhino;

Thanks for the comments. The console started out as the factory phone console (actually installed in Charleston SC by PCNA) and listed for $3100. I had a new face plate made, covered in leather, transferred the original sunroof and rear wiper switches and their lit symbols. Had an oil cooler fan switch installed and DEFI boost and oil temp gauges installed. These gauges are black when ignition isn't on. I think it turned out real well. The work was done by Mind Over Motorsports in San Diego. Sorry about the crappy photo. I'll get a better one tomorrow. The dash is full leather (TTs came with leather dash). The car came with $5900 worth of Exclusive leather options including cashmere leather roofliner and A pillars. Even the door handles, window switches, and speaker grills are covered in cashmere leather.
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Boostid

do you know what they use to light up your auxiliary gauges as I like that crisp white look and I'm trying to "upgrade" the dash of my '95 993 C2 to a slightly brighter and crisper colour temperature. Could it be white LED?

Nice car btw.

Regards

Mike
Old 08-05-2005, 04:58 AM
boostid
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike;

Not sure how they did the gauges, but to me they look like the electo-luminescent gauges you see on a lot of luxury cars. I think it started with Lexus. Probably not something that can be done to the P-car factory gauges.

Regards, Hal
Old 08-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Rhino
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is another interior that I found on the net. I have not been a fan of red but I think this looks great.
Rhino
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino
Here is another interior that I found on the net. I have not been a fan of red but I think this looks great.
Rhino
I actually think this is pretty nice, but I think it'd be better with a darker console to break up the red.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:56 AM
puma1824
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Steve,

I think Rufus will look just fine with Black and Classic Grey combo.
How do you like the seats? Better than stock?
Old 08-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Rhino
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boostid
Jeff, Rhino;

The dash is full leather (TTs came with leather dash). The car came with $5900 worth of Exclusive leather options including cashmere leather roofliner and A pillars. Even the door handles, window switches, and speaker grills are covered in cashmere leather.
I believe I have the same leather options in my car. What do you treat the leather with on the dash? Is the entire dash leather?
thanks
Rhino
Old 08-07-2005, 03:24 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Puma1824,

Yes I like the Recaro Sports much better than the stock seats. It's definitely a nicer fit there's no sliding in the seat at all. I'm still debating on recovering them in Classic Grey leather, but at this point I'm fine with the cloth.

I see you have the Tan interior. One of my partners (GeezC4S) bought the full electric ones in Tan from the group buy that was done a few months back. I haven't seen them yet.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I figured I'd post a few pics of my intoerior as well as I just got those seats fitted. On the way are a pair of black embroidered mats, and a black leather techequipment shift **** and e-brake lever. Should have them in a week or two.

There are some pristine cars on this site - You guys should be very proud!!!
Attached Images     
Old 09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
polver
Instructor

In case there are some interior experts here, I have a rusty screw in the forward floor carpet. I think the part number is 900 145 070 07. Can anyone back me up? Screw is just to the left of the bottom door hinge.

Dave
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll add one more shot:

Old 09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

InTheAir.....

GREAT PHOTOGRAPH!...Well Done.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:02 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great shot Jeff...I'm wondering where were you to get such point of view...top of the roof? ;- )
Old 09-06-2005, 03:16 AM
993cab
Advanced

I have the gray interior and was actualy contemplating black seats. They look pretty good.
How do you the black insert oon the door panels?
Where do you find a "E" brake like RHINO?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993cab
I have the gray interior and was actualy contemplating black seats. They look pretty good.
How do you the black insert oon the door panels?
Where do you find a "E" brake like RHINO?
Black seats work if you have other black pieces (ie dash, steering wheel, center consol, etc) for a two-tone look - I have done this to mine (black/tan) and so have a number of others here, including a few w/black/grey if you do a search. For the door panel inserts see the DIY instructions on removing the door panels at p-car.com (actually I think when I did this it may not be necessary to remove the entire panel). You can buy a kit to recover the inserts in leather but I decided it was too pricey for just two pieces of leather - it was cheaper to buy a 1/2 hide and I recovered a bunch of other pieces as well (center console, RSD door bins) with the excess. The e-brake Rhino has looks like the OEM factory option...check out Gert's site (www.carnewal.com), I believe he has similar pieces in aluminum and carbon fiber but if you want a color other than black I think it's a special order item and takes a bit of time.

Quick Reply: Ok, so who has the most beautiful 993 interior?