Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

So. Cal HID Group Install August 13th - sign up and join!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So. Cal HID Group Install August 13th - sign up and join!

It seems to me there is interest in a So. Cal HID group install. The way I see it we need three things to pull this off:

1) willing participants who would purchase their HID sets on their own. I know the No. Cal guys bought from that Legend guy, so that might work.
2) a place to host a group install (big, with lots of outlets, tools, etc.). Insurance might be a problem for a shop but perhaps some kind of waiver would work?
3) someone who knows what he/she is doing to lead us through the install. Peferably someone who has done the install before.

I only fit the first category, but would be willing to help set something up if we could find the other two. Any interest from others or suggestions as to how we round out the edges to make this work?

Last edited by Father of 3; 08-02-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 908 Likes on 546 Posts

I thought this HID install with pics was pretty good, but there was a written instruction somewhere that I can't find.

I am driving down to Huntington Beach with my daughter Sunday evening (tomorrow), and would be available Monday evening, if anybody has a kit already. I am mostly thumbs for DIY, but I managed this one, and feel confident enough to show someone else. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

As for me, I don't have a kit yet and neither do alot of the others at this point, I suspect. Let's see how this shakes out. We can figure out timing, location, inspirational/technical leaders later. I'll keep you posted Terry, thanks.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

I've done 3 installs with Fred. You can count me in to assist with thie install.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Stevarino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA (Brentwood) & New York, NY (Tribeca)

I'm a willing participant, but can't help with the last two items. Do we have consensus on the kit to install? If we can't locate a suitable location - my garage opens onto an alley, so no go - such as a warehouse or the rare big garage/driveway combo in SoCal, perhaps I can ring CallasRennsport to see if they would be willing to let us use the facility - no affiliation, of course.

Thanks for starting the thread Fof3. 'Hope we can put this together soon.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am more than happy to hold the group install at my house. I could handle 10-13 cars with no trouble on my driveway and in my garage. If more show up, we could make it work. I live in "Old" Agoura in Agoura Hills. Thirty miles above Los Angeles and just off the 101 Freeway at Chesebro. Let's shoot for Saturday, August 13. I would recommend getting your HID lights from the below eBay seller. A lot of us did and are happy with them. He will sell outside eBay for a fair price. It's your call....let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-4...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chuck, is this the same Legend guy that the No. Cal RLers bought from? Kit looks the same but name has changed.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Father of 3
Chuck, is this the same Legend guy that the No. Cal RLers bought from? Kit looks the same but name has changed.
I believe it is, but maybe someone from No. Cal can verifiy it.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:49 PM
dpkoby
Advanced

Father of 3,
I would be interested in joining with you and can offer my limited range of basic tools (I do have wire strippers and crimping tools and a couple soldering irons). Any idea when this would occur? I was also wondering if anyone has looked into the HID kit from Vertex they have one on sale for $359 but I haven't seen any feedback on it.
Dave
Old 07-30-2005, 11:13 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Father of 3
The ebay link that Chuck provided leads to the same kit that everyone bought back in the GB. Guy's ebay name and email are the same and the kit componenets look identcal to what I installed from him.

Here's one of the many good HID install posts...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...highlight=HIDS
Old 07-31-2005, 06:09 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dpkoby
Any idea when this would occur? Dave
Originally Posted by Chuck W.
I am more than happy to hold the group install at my house. I could handle 10-13 cars with no trouble on my driveway and in my garage. If more show up, we could make it work. I live in "Old" Agoura in Agoura Hills. Thirty miles above Los Angeles and just off the 101 Freeway at Chesebro. Let's shoot for Saturday, August 13. It's your call....let me know.
Let's shoot for Saturday, August 13.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:12 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chuck has graciously offered his house as an install site and his experience with installing the HID kits. I've been e-mailing the Legend guy, the one who the No. Cal RLers and PedroNole from FL bought from a while ago. I'll post a price and how to get in contact with him when done. This would not be a "group buy" in the classic sense of the phrase as I will play no role in the purchase. Everyone is on their own (though if you search, you'll see lots of RLers have bought from this guy). This is a group install. To make things clear, I've no affiliation with this guy or his shop and will NOT accept a price different from the rest of you.

More interested So. Cal RLers? I'll post more details on the kit shortly.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alright, here's the deal: 4300k H1 HID kit from THELEGEND321@AOL.com. He is the same guy from Chuck W's post above http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-4...QQcmdZViewItem. I have never purchased from this guy and have no affiliation with him but several RLers have bought from him including those from the Nor Cal group install earlier in the year. Search and you will find.

The price is $250 shipped. Each person needs to purchase the set on his/her own. I think his preferred purchase method is Paypal. Mention Rennlist group buy and he should honor the price. Let me know if you have a problem. If you have your own source, that's fine, but this is who I'm buying from.

Chuck W. has so graciously agreed to host at his house on August 13th. I'll coordinate with Chuck to get directions out to those who sign up. Who's in?

So far I have the following list of people who are interested:

1) Me
2) Stevarino
3) dpkoby

That means we probably have room for several more. Clive? B-Line? 911cabsetve? drnd? topless in temecula? amc2s? Where are you guys?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone else? And if anyone is wondering, I did clear this concept with John D.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:11 PM
dhicks
Drifting

I have just bought mine but I am a little too far away to join you for the install....shame.....anybody else that buys in my area (MD/VA/DC) lets get together

Quick Reply: So. Cal HID Group Install August 13th - sign up and join!