Sponsored by: DashLynx

AJUSA Steering Wheel Mod and Instrument Cluster View

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 12:19 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default AJUSA Steering Wheel Mod and Instrument Cluster View

For anyone that changed from stock 4-spoke to 3-spoke Aitiwee (sp) AJ USA style steering wheel, did the smaller diameter effect your ability to view the gauges...? Although I do not care much for the 4-spoke, I do like how legible the tach and other gauges are now...I would think that a smaller-diameter steering wheel might negatively effect this clear view... ?
Old 07-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jon-
just get the 3spoke wheel. everyone here, including myself has listed the AJwheel as one of the best upgrades. If your view of a particular guage is obstructed, then you will slightly adjust your seat or do something to adapt. I believe it was a little harder for me to read the speedo, but i have the OBC, so i read the speed in the tach.
You will be amazed how much better the car feels with the smaller wheel.
My best advice, dont be neutroic and order the Atiwee wheel from AJ or FVD or whomever.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:32 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Rob, thanks... yes i know i have debated this a bit... (read: neurotic)... but please understand that $1k or anything close to it for a "non-essential" part in our household requires a lot of due diligence
Old 07-02-2005, 05:01 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

Sulley,

The answer really depends on your height, seat position and viewing angle. For me (6', 165#), I drive with the seat one or two stops from the rear-most latch point. The only instrument gauge that I have to move my head to see at all with the three spoker is the oil temp gauge. Not a big deal and this minor annoyance is well worth it to have that great sw. You'll get use to it fast. And don't forget the trumpet horns....

BTW, did you get the HID's installed??
Old 07-02-2005, 08:32 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mike cap
Sulley,

The answer really depends on your height, seat position and viewing angle. For me (6', 165#), I drive with the seat one or two stops from the rear-most latch point. The only instrument gauge that I have to move my head to see at all with the three spoker is the oil temp gauge. Not a big deal and this minor annoyance is well worth it to have that great sw. You'll get use to it fast. And don't forget the trumpet horns....

BTW, did you get the HID's installed??

Thanks for the info on the SW... i was most worried about tach/speedometer because i obviously look at those the most...

As far as the HID installation, I have waited SPECIFICALLY for you to get back in town so that you would be available for tech support via phone...
Seriously, based on the fact that you seem to have perfected the clean, OEM-like, reversible installation, I thought I would wait so that I could benefit from your advice...
Old 07-03-2005, 01:33 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Jonathan,

I can see the Tach fine and up to 100 mph on the Speedo. When your going 100+ mph it doesn't matter man, your eyes should be on the road and not on your Tach or Speedo. Plus If you get caught going that fast you're in BIG trouble anyways.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 722 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Rob, thanks... yes i know i have debated this a bit... (read: neurotic)... but please understand that $1k or anything close to it for a "non-essential" part in our household requires a lot of due diligence
I thought mods qualified as necessities?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:18 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Scott: Wow your interior looks terrific. The wheel and the aluminum pedals look smashing.
Gary

Quick Reply: AJUSA Steering Wheel Mod and Instrument Cluster View