Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Help! Need to find rear booster seat for 993...thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 05:13 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume that's one of the Britax ones as they OEMd for Porsche. Looks like my Starriser without the removable back.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Super D
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy
I assume that's one of the Britax ones as they OEMd for Porsche. Looks like my Starriser without the removable back.
Does the Star Riser fit between the lap belt anchors without a problem? The only reason I didn't order it was because the Bodyguard has side wings for body and head for extra protection.

If the Star Riser fits all the way back into the seat pocket, it may be the only way to go. How does yours fit? All the way back, or does it only go as far back as the lap belt anchors and stops there?

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:20 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

It doesn't go all the way back, but it definitely goes back far enough for me to be comfortable with it. I'm not home but will take a look when I'm back and try to post some photos.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you are ever in Downtown LA, you could see how my stariser comfy fits in the back of a cab.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:43 PM
coltj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for the Britax Stariser Comfy: Search
http://www.britaxusa.com/
to find a local retailer. My son is 6, 45 lbs; seat fits perfectly in the rear seats; no problems using the shoulder belt and standard belt connector.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:03 PM
coltj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P.S. I looked at many child booster seats for the rear of my 96 coupe. Without a doubt the Stariser Comfy seats had the best fit in the rear seats(short of sculpting the bottom with a Sawzall). The shoulder belt works great and the booster seat fits well enough to let you use the standard 993 buckle properly. I saw no reason to replace the 993 buckle with a 964 buckle as has been mentioned in the archives.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:25 PM
rainmn
Instructor

Originally Posted by Super D
Uh-oh...I just got the Bodyguard booster, tried to buckle it in and just buckling it with no kiddy in there it's at the end of the belt slack--so it ratchets and I can't adjust the tension of the belt looser to get my son in. And it's too wide to fit in all the way.

Help! What did you do to make it work?

I don't know the width of the Star Riser base, but this Bodyguard base is too wide to fit all the way back and between the lap belt anchors. The only way to get it in somewhat is at an angle which isn't in contact with the lower seat back "pocket". And if it's not at an angle, it's wedged partially between the lap belt anchors and also not solidly in the pocket. I tried to adjust the base narrower, but it's on it's narrowests setting.

So far, I can't see how this one will work, but maybe I'm missing something?
I do have to adjust mine as small as it will go, but it fits pretty well. Maybe not all the way back in the pocket, but certainly far enough. I also have no issues with the belt length. That might be because it's a cab? Rear belts are different in cabs.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Brad '95 C4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We use the Cosco Alpha Omega booster without the base and it works great in back.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Gelatomonster
Instructor

Try the Recaro Start

Quick Reply: Help! Need to find rear booster seat for 993...thanks!