Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever seen a 650PS Wide Body 993 Cabriolet??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:13 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Has anyone ever seen a 650PS Wide Body 993 Cabriolet??

You have now!!
This is FVD's latest project to roll out of Germany!! This car was built by FVD Germany as a display car to show FVD's tuning abilities and is absolutly INSANE!! The car started life as a stock 1995 993 Cabriolet, and no expense was spared to make it what it is today!! It has the best of everything made and quite a bit of custom parts as well!! This car was built to be his daily driver, which means it was built to be reliable and not too loud, yet still surprise everyone on the street . To accomplish this, they limited the power at 650PS, though I have been told it is very capable of producing 800PS for the track with only a new program and cam's !! Everything was touched upon with this car, from the 3.8 Twin Turbo converions for performance, the factory wide body exterior, the custom English leather interior, and so on. Enough babbling, here is a list of specs (I am sure some are missing), and some photos of the car before it left Germany.
Specs:

Performance:
FVD 3.8L Twin Turbo Conversion (Includes way too many parts to list )
Porsche Motorsports Race Version Intercooler ($20,000!!(Thanks Jean))
Porsche Motorsports Race Version Intake (With custom airflow meter)
996 GT2 Transmission (Incl. Differential, and Oil Cooling System)
Short Shift Kit (75% Reduction with GT2 Transmission)
FVD Custom Headers
FVD 100 Cell Race Catalytics
FVD Custom Mufflers

Suspension and Braking:
FVD PSS9 Suspension (Custom Valved)
FVD Adjustable Sway Bars
Brembo 380mm 8 Piston Front Brakes (Painted Yellow) (New not available in the US yet)
Brembo 350mm 6 Piston Rear Brakes (Painted Yellow)
FVD Stainless Brake Lines

Exterior:
Basalt Black Metalic Paint
19x9F 19x12R Modena Wheels
Factory OEM GT2 Wide body Kit Including:
-Front Spoiler
-Wide Body Fender Flares
-Side Skirts
-Rear Bumper
-Rear Wing

Interior:
Custom Interior Leather (Cotsworth English Leather)
Recaro Sport Seats (Custom wrapped with Cotsworth English Leather)
Complete Carbon Fiber Trim
Colored Gauge Faces (Silver)
Blaupunkt Stereo and Navigation System
Blaupunkt Amplifiers
MB Quartz Speakers
JBL Sub Woofers
FVD Custom Floor Mats

Photos:

If you have any questions regarding the car I will be glad to try and answer them.
Best Regards,
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 08-01-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:47 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

That is INSANE!!! Gorgeous car.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:04 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Hmmmm, looks very expensive.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Let me be the first (and probably only) person to say yuck. The divets and rivets are just too much for me. It's like somebody used a nail gun! If it were intended for the track, I would understand. Considering the upgrades to the interior, I would think they would have covered up those freakin' rivets, or painted them black at the very least. Ewwww!!! Where is that puke smiley?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:34 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Lol, that's what I wanted to say Adrienne, but I was trying to be polite to a sponsor. I don't think it looks right on a cab really. Plus I hate to think of parts suppliers spending $$ so lavishly.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Cy
Racer

Evan,

Great car . . . thanks for the post! Those front rotors are completely obscene!! (In a very good way of course.) I really like the widebodies but it pains me to think of selling my car so I have contemplated flares on my narrowbody instead. This car is another really good reason to go with the flares . . . looks great!

Regards,
Old 04-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Let me be the first (and probably only) person to say yuck. The divets and rivets are just too much for me. It's like somebody used a nail gun! If it were intended for the track, I would understand. Considering the upgrades to the interior, I would think they would have covered up those freakin' rivets, or painted them black at the very least. Ewwww!!! Where is that puke smiley?
I concur. The interior looks real nice, but the body work leaves A LOT to be desired IMHO. Now, that being said, I think I'd like the performance aspect of this ride.

Scott
Old 04-29-2005, 03:44 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Are you familliar with the Porsche 993 GT2?? This is the factory kit, this is how it was on the GT2 and it is like that on this car... Porsche didn't cover them, why should we?? This is not a show car, if not a cab. it would be a race car... TO each his own on the exterior... I can see how some would think it is over the top, but I think its perfect and factory at that...
Evan

Originally Posted by Cy
Evan,

Great car . . . thanks for the post! Those front rotors are completely obscene!! (In a very good way of course.) I really like the widebodies but it pains me to think of selling my car so I have contemplated flares on my narrowbody instead. This car is another really good reason to go with the flares . . . looks great!

Regards,
Hi Cy,
No problem!! I figured there would be a few that would appreciate a car with so much money, time, and effort put into it!! The front brakes are MASSIVE and the car stops on a dime!! The front kit has not even been released yet here in the states!! The widebody for sure looks good, thats a personal decision you have to make though (to go with a widebody or flares). I personally like both and don't think you could go wrong either way!!
Best Regards,
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 08-01-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Are you familliar with the Porsche 993 GT2?? This is the factory kit, this is how it was on the GT2 and it is like that on this car... Porsche didn't cover them, why should we?? This is not a show car, if not a cab. it would be a race car... TO each his own on the exterior... I can see how some would think it is over the top, but I think its perfect and factory at that...
Evan
Evan -

Good point. At any rate, I think you've got a very nice car -- looks are simply in the eye of the beholder -- and all of our p-cars tend to be a bit different, which might be part of the reason they're so fun to own.

Scott
Old 04-29-2005, 03:45 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scott 1996 993c2
Evan -

Good point. At any rate, I think you've got a very nice car -- looks are simply in the eye of the beholder -- and all of our p-cars tend to be a bit different, which might be part of the reason they're so fun to own.

Scott
Exactly!! Except its not mine (I wish ).
Evan
Old 04-29-2005, 04:01 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Are you joking me? Why should a man has built the largest Porsche Tuning and Aftermarket company in the WORLD (By number of employees and locations) not be able to spend his money on his own baby? You think you are being ripped off because the owner built such an expensive car?? Give me a break!! You spend a good chunk of money on your 993, does that mean you are overcharging your customers as well?? I don't even know how to respond to this, unbelievable...
Well, it's not like I said that FVD's prices are a joke and a complete ripoff and that we should be offended by their lavish and ostentatious use of their profits from us. I'd never say something like that.

However, at my company we have a very clear rule: Never show up at a clients office in an expensive car.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Are you familliar with the Porsche 993 GT2?? This is the factory kit, this is how it was on the GT2 and it is like that on this car... Porsche didn't cover them, why should we??
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the GT2. That's my 2nd favorite car actually, but for the performance and not the looks. No offense, just personal preference. The performance mods are quite tasty, no doubt.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man this is a nice car!!!

When accelerating with all my car was able to give, a Mercedes Benz cabriolet just passed me as if I was at 60km/h...pissed off I was!
I like anonimous powerfull cars like M3, M5, Ruf, and yours of course.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:15 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Evan
Maybe on the minority here but I LOVE the GT2 look I would ( will ) do the flares and all without the GT2 spoiler. I used to have the RSCS wing back there on my cabrio and it was bit over the top for sure...Love the clean rear of the 993! Then a nice 3.8 back there, short box, GT2 rims...ohh lala..
Ok got to stop now

Thanks for posting Evan.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Evan, I do have some questions, or maybe just a veiled observation. Why did the owner choose a 993 for his personal ride rather than 996 or 997? To spend such a fortune on a 10 year old car, seems like quite the testament to the 993. Did he choose it to see what all could be done, as a test case or something? What was the goal here?

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever seen a 650PS Wide Body 993 Cabriolet??