993 Forum 1995-1998

Mohawk mid-rise scissors lift model HR 6

Old 04-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mohawk mid-rise scissors lift model HR 6

Does anyone have the Mohawk mid-rise model HR 6? If so I'm looking for feedback negative or positive.

I understand there are other mid-rise lifts made by Eagle, Rotary, Bend-pak, Ranger and the like but I'm not interested in any lift that is not made in the USA or Canada and which may not meet the certification requirements of the ALI and/or ETL for lifts.

The other brands are fine products, they are just not what I'm really looking for right now so please don't tell me about them.

Below is a photo of the Mohawk lift.

Thanks, Ron

Last edited by Ron; 12-08-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:07 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Eagle is made in the USA.......
Old 04-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

I was told by each of the people I spoke to at Eagle, Rotary, Bend-pak, Ranger the their mid rise and low rise scissors lifts were made oversea. When I pressed them as to where overseas they said China. As I understood it some of the assembly of the Chinese parts is done in the USA.

Many of the lifts other than the scissors lifts are made in the USA.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eagle is made in the USA, but our Porsches are made in Germany. Who cares where its from as long as its high quality.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Chuck A.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the scissors lift, but my Porsche mechanic has four of the two-post Mohawk lifts and they are very high quality. According to him, they are the best you can get (even better than Rotary).

Hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Ron,

What is the price diffrence betwee the Mohawk and Eagle for these mid rise lifts?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony,

When I called the 800 number for the Mohawk website the person I talked to told me they cost about $2500 but that each distributor sets his own price which may be less.

The distributor for my area quoted me a price of $1800; which seems like a good price. That would be with me picking it up in Charlotte, NC which is about 200 miles form my house. He said if I was not in a great big hurry the person who services the Mohawks in my area could bring it for free when he comes to Charleston, which is about once a month. I did not check the cost of shipping because I could just go to Charlotte and get it if need be.

I asked the distributor where, hopefully close by I can see the HR-6 in action. He is to call me back after he checks his customer list.

With the price of the Mohawk at $1800 I think that's the same price as the Eagle, but the Eagle does include delivery. But delivery means a tractor trailer at the end of your driveway with you being responsible for unloading the unit. For an extra $100 or so they could send it on a truck with a lift gate, but still that will only put it at the end of your driveway. The best thing to do is just have them ship it to the terminal where they will load it on your trailer with a fork lift for free and you can take it home.

The selection of which brand of lift to buy is a matter of personal preference and each person has their own priorities.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Glenn from Denver
Instructor

I've got a Bend-Pak mid-rise on the way. I've taken Ron's approach and requested delivery to the terminal only. I will have them put it in my pickup bed and plan to use my engine hoist to pluck it off the bed inside the garage so I don't have to push the beast up the incline of my driveway. The best price I found for this lift was $14xx at www.asedeals.com. This price includes shipping.

One thing that I plan to do when it arrives is to slide a piece of sheet steel under where the rollers will ride. I'm hoping that this will protect my floor and help the lift to operate smootly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mohawk mid-rise scissors lift model HR 6