Old 07-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
i have a turbo (has OBC) and mounted the remote to the right of the tach, between the tach and speedo.
The problem is that the steering column is sloped and the remote will sit too low.
So, my shop took a small black piece of plastic that was cut to match the size of the remote. They velcroed the plastic piece to the steering column and then velcroed the remote to the plastic piece. The extra 1/4-1/2 inch in height makes the remote visible and does not block the OBC. Its amazing how reliable velcro is.

As an aside, i also used double sided velcro to help attach the suction cups of the V1 to the windshield.

Pic????
Old 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfarrow
Can anyone suggest another location for the remote display other than the ashtray (no ashtray with the telephone console) or the top of the steering column (blocks OBC). Once I found out how to get the face of the phone console off (thanks Kelly) for a switched power source, the hardwire install took about 15 minutes.
Not a 993 but this a very OEM looking install for the remote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am happy with using the factory suction cup bracket to mount the unit just above the dash in the center. It can detect out the back window between the seats.

It is a shorter run for the hardwire, which I ran up the right side of the dash and along the base of the windshield. Easy to reach to hit the button to mute the alarm. Also, it swings out of the way when I use the fitted sunshield.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:12 AM
MrRoboto
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I mounted mine on the rear shelf and use a consealed display unit for visual information. The height of the rear shelf gives the V1 a very clear line of sight both forward and rear. I tend to feel that mounting the V1 above the rear view mirror will not give it a clear line of sight for the rear as our roof swoops down toward the rear, partially blocking the V1's line of sight. Just IMHO
Old 07-20-2005, 10:01 AM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

valentine does recommend though that you mount the unit as high as possible on the windshield
Old 07-20-2005, 11:16 AM
donsacto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmy:

Have any pics of it mounted on the rear shelf?? I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Where did you get power from on the rear shelf?

Quick Reply: Valentine One