Sponsored by:

Tried new black label power bleeder today

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 07:46 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried new black label power bleeder today

All, I am preparing for the POC tribute this next weekend and recevied a small shipment of the new Motive black label power bleeders (got some red labels as well). The difference between the black label and the red label is:

1. the cap is anodized aluminum.
2. the fitting on the cap swivels
3. the tube is 5 feet longer rather than 3 feet long.

After using my red label and then using the black label I have to say I like the black for two reasons.

1. when putting the cap on the brake resovior it was much easier since the tube did not bind the cap when putting it on. It turned nicely without binding.
2. having a longer tube allowed me to put it on the garage floor rather than in the trunk area. I would also see the pressure gauge and fluid moving in the tube since I could move the bottle outside the car from side to side when bleeding at the caliper.

The aluminum cap is nice as well and I assume after many uses might hold up better than plastic, though my red lable bleeder is fine.

Just provinding you with an update of another tried product. If interested or have any questions please contact me.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:59 PM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I want to order a Power Bleeded (Black), one (1) unit. Kary, save one for me. You have my credit card on file...do you have any ATE Blue? I am out!!!

Thanks,

Martin
Yeap! Have bleeders and ATE blue. Give me and call and I will provide immediate delivery within 1 hour
Old 04-03-2005, 01:59 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

kary, how much is black label, please PM me the price. will you be at BW with todd? if so i can pick up there?
Old 04-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking Free delivery...

Personally Mooty, I would recommend you bleed your brakes BEFORE the event. It is just one less hassle at the track. Have Kary ship you the bleeded and the fluid. Buy at least three (3) cans of ATE...you can't have too much of this stuff!

However if you want track delivery, I will deliver the bleeder and ATE Blue to you at Buttonwillow...if that is what you and Kary want.

Kary...I will pick my stuff up next Wednesday, the Black Bleeder and the ATE Blue, four (4) cans....+ the delivery itme if that turns out to be the plan...
Old 04-03-2005, 02:35 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

martin, i have a "normal" motiv bleeder and about 24 bottles of motul 600 in my garage among tons of other "spares" ;-)

i do bleed after every event and then the car is parked until the next event which is usually 14 after the last event. but like you said, one can't have enough of "stuff" so i thought i add a "black" label to my "normal" bleeder ;-)
Old 04-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Kary,
Can you just buy the hose and swivel and cap? And not have to replace the bottle?

My mechanic has a Snap On version of this and the one thing I like about it is you don't have to depressurize and repressurize the bleeder to remove the cap from the reservoir.
It is probably twice as expensive as the Motive bleeder though.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:11 PM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Kary,
Can you just buy the hose and swivel and cap? And not have to replace the bottle?

My mechanic has a Snap On version of this and the one thing I like about it is you don't have to depressurize and repressurize the bleeder to remove the cap from the reservoir.
It is probably twice as expensive as the Motive bleeder though.
Greg, yes there is a hose and cap kit that is $24.95 that will "upgrade" your existing red label bleeder (black label not included in the upgrade kit )
Old 04-03-2005, 10:48 PM
nman413
Drifting

Kary, I'll take an upgrade kit. I'll be at Tracquest...
Old 04-03-2005, 11:55 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi kary, any chance of a group buy deal on the black label? seems to be a lot of interest
Old 04-04-2005, 01:47 AM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by icerbofh
Kary, I'll take an upgrade kit. I'll be at Tracquest...
Jauder, I am not going to be at TracQuest this year. Possibly Martin can deliver, though I do not have any adapters for the red label bleeders as of yet. Maybe if folks are interested I can get a larger group deal.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 AM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by faster
hi kary, any chance of a group buy deal on the black label? seems to be a lot of interest
Possibly, depends upon the interest level......interest anyone?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking TracQuest Deliveries

I will deliver the Motive Bleeders and fluid you buy from Kary...you work it out with Kary and I will be your delivery boy.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:05 AM
nman413
Drifting

Kim, you are not coming to TQ I guess?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:02 PM
kary993
Drifting

Ok, I have some requests for some things I do not have in stock so I will need to place an order for more stuff.

I currently have 3 black label and 3 red label bleeders available and I have many cans of ATE blue brake fluid. Many of you have asked for just the black label cap and tube upgrade to upgrade your existing red label bleeders. I can do this but I need you guys to place the order on my web site so I can keep track of all this stuff more easily. There have also been some requests for other bleeder adapters (other car manufacturers), so you will need to call me to confirm type of bleeder adapters with the make of car you are trying to use if they are not on the web site. I can also call you if you e-mail a phone number.

I will alter the web site to offer a 5% Rennlist discount (I would like to do 10% but can't unfortunately). For those that want other adapters, I can handle that over the phone.

I am also offering a 15% discount on the red label bleeders since the demand has fallen so dramatically

These discounts end on 4/11/2005, 1 week from now. You can see these on the specials page or just go to the brake maintenance category. I will order additional product next week when I know how much you guys want.

So don't miss out!

Sound fair?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 AM
nman413
Drifting

Kary, sounds good but can you arrange for a MartinS (hey you volunteered delivery to Tracquest? I think there are a bunch of people going that want this.. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Tried new black label power bleeder today