Paint shop recommendations - SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:23 AM
ard
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Paint shop recommendations - SF Bay Area

Hi,

advance apologies if I am adding to thread pollution, as there are a number of (older) posts on recommendations for good paint shops in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am reposting only because most other pertinent threads are a bit dated (2 - 3 years).

I just ordered the MAShaw Ducts and RS splitters and am looking for a recommendation for a good shop to have these painted (Guard's Red) at, preferably from someone who has had recent personal experience with the outfit.

My geographical preference is along the 680 corridor between Dublin and Walnut Creek.

Here are the names I had gathered so far:

* Costelli and Pardini's - San Mateo
* Magnussen Auto Body - Dublin
* Olen's Body Shop - Burlingame
* Haws Auto Body - Concord
* Cook's - Walnut Creek

I must say that so far the success rate with recommendations from this group of p-car enthusiasts has been 100%, having put me in touch with great people at Rite-way, Devek, and MAShaw.

TIA

/alex
Old 03-17-2005, 02:29 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few Alex. Pandinis (San Mateo), Stanford Auto Body (Palo Alto), and German Auto (San Jose). Good luck with the new parts....
Old 03-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex:

If you want to stay fairly local, I have had body kit/piece work done at Haws (Concord) and California Auto Body (Walnut Creek). For my 993's, I have used Haws as they paint with the Glasruit system, the same paints as likely used on our cars by Porsche at the factory.

Haws is also quite good at color matching. They have done both Guards Red and Speed Yellow for me. If you would like to see some of their work prior to install, I have "S" ducts and a turbo "S" nose for my turbo awaiting installation. Feel free to e-mail me, if you want to see the work. (FWIW, I am in south Walnut Creek, off Rudgear Road)

(No affilation with Haws, CA Autobody, and all that legal/rules stuff)

Regards

Quick Reply: Paint shop recommendations - SF Bay Area