Sponsored by:

Ride Height Finally Resolved (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:24 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jonathan,

Very very nice. I just did all the toy installation on my C2S last night. I went ROW M030/US Bilsteins. I have to check again but I think it came out to 26 1/4 front and 26 rear. I also added the FPB. These parts are all thanks to our sponsors Austin and Bob at Devek. I also added a RS upper strut tie bar and Gert's short shifter. The car has absolutely been trnsformed. I can't wait to add the sway bars as well. I would have preffered it was lower like yours and some of the other guys here, but I have to be a realist and in the city of Chicago I don't think I will be able to clear much of anything any lower. I am looking forward to the track days that are coming up.

AG Damis
Old 03-13-2005, 04:17 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mike cap
Sulley,

The ride height in the photos looks perfect and the measurements are within 1/8" FR and RR of mine, using the M030 springs and (Gert's) Bilstein HD's. Nice job.

I still am confused by the problem with the ride height you had and the extra work it caused. I feel like I had given you bad advice that the Bilsteins from Gert w/o the extra threading and the Euro M030 (lowering) springs would get you to your current ride height. From everything I had read and from talking to Gert and Viken when I did my suspension, I was certain that the M030 springs ALONE would lower the car 25 mm at all four corners and the extra threading on the Bilsteins wasn't necessary UNLESS you wanted to go lower than the 25 mm. I thought that the springs provide the ride height change, not the dampers.

I wanted to apoligize for sending you in the wrong direction on this - I had been watching the Forum for your final results and half thought that you would find out that your supplier had provided springs that were miss-labeled, hence the 'too high' ride height.

Your car looks great, on the outside and underneath.
oh give me a break Mike

i did all this myself, there is no reason for you to apologize!!!!

you advice and the advice of others has helped me get my car close to where i want it to be on options, etc.... and by the way, you arent the only one who indicated that the standard US Bilsteins would drop the car to about where it is now... even Bob at Devek thought the same... bottom line, i like it where it is now... as i said earlier, all is well that ends well!!

Quick Reply: Ride Height Finally Resolved (pics)