Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Horror Stories about living in class

I have read countless posts here where you all have talked about hiding your
car from clients etc etc. We'll I told my neighbor and supposed friend, about
me selling my Turbo and thinking about a GT3. Next thing I know I get called in
by senior management about living over my means. They have access to all
my finances and knew everything is honky dory. My personel jacket is perfect, But had anything been suspicious I could have lost my job, my house my everything all because of a great neighbor. Its days like this I wish I was not so nice. Needless to say I did let them know that I knew. He wrote it annynoumously and I figured it out
in about 30 seconds when confronted with it. He is a Phd too, not real smart evidently!! What a fu@khead!
BTW car is still for sale let me know. I am going to enjoy bringing the GT3 up in my driveway and telling him to go fu@ck himself!!!!

Sheeesh!!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Curt911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn nosey neighbors, guess thats why I don't talk to mine much, or perhaps its just my Sunday morning ritual of running all my enigines (cycles and cars, gotta keep those fluids churning) that keeps them from talking to me!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

That's too bad...

...But why would you have lost your job, your house and "everything"? Do you work for the CIA or NSA?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:19 PM
MrRoboto
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis A.
That's too bad...

...But why would you have lost your job, your house and "everything"? Do you work for the CIA or NSA?
I don't quite understand this either. Isn't how you manage your finances your business?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:22 PM
greglionb
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis A.
That's too bad...

Just guessing, but I'd say military... Air Force if his avatar is anything to go by.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:26 PM
EThec
Racer

i'm confused too..... i mean it's one thing to keep things of this nature out of sight of clients, but your work? This is a free country isn't it? Maybe you work for the govt. or something, but hat shouldn't matter!! If I want to drive my car and live in a shoe box that's my choice....
Old 02-18-2005, 11:27 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Guys, this is different. I think a neighbor in this case might have an internal duty to report suspicions financial activity.

OG, I think that you will re-access the situation after a while. I don't condone what the neighbor did, but understand it to a drgree. That is, if I understand your line of work correctly.

Yeah, the times we live in... can be very strange.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:29 PM
DJD
Instructor

if the job has anything to do with a security clearance needed, its most likley that the mgmt worries if someone gets in financial trouble, they may pose a risk.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:30 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

OG, i am sorry to hear that. yeah some ppl are too nosy. i hide my car from just about everyone, including my parents and wife.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Curt911
Pro

Originally Posted by nile13
Guys, this is different. I think a neighbor in this case might have an internal duty to report suspicions financial activity.

OG, I think that you will re-access the situation after a while. I don't condone what the neighbor did, but understand it to a drgree. That is, if I understand your line of work correctly.

Yeah, the times we live in... can be very strange.

??? what is suspicious about selling the turbo and going to a GT3? seems like a logical step to me!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:37 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Well, you see, sir, if you work with a fairly sensitive stuff that costs a lot of money and your knowledge and information can be easily, shall we say, transferred into the wrong hands for a high fee, you're subjecting yourself to certain rules... Whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant, this is part of your life.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Curt911
Pro

Originally Posted by nile13
Well, you see, sir, if you work with a fairly sensitive stuff that costs a lot of money and your knowledge and information can be easily, shall we say, transferred into the wrong hands for a high fee, you're subjecting yourself to certain rules... Whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant, this is part of your life.
Am I missing something here? You lost me on this one...
Old 02-18-2005, 11:52 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

OG, your neighbor was beyond out of line. What business is it of anyone's what kind of car you drive, your bank account balance or how you spend your money or time or who the people are you spend it with, so long as everything is legal. And one's profession makes little difference to the equation. If you were openly engaging in some illegal behavior, then maybe the neighbor might have reason to step in, if he felt confirmed illegal activities going on put him or the neighborhood in any kind of harm. But, to monitor and take such an interest in the possessions one keeps or acquires is absolutely disgusting and a sure show of envy. It could not be clearer. Glad you caught this creep at his cowardly little game. How somebody like that can look himself in the mirror is unbelievable. And as far as the security clearance issue, if one's level is of any significance, "they" generally know exactly what is up anyway and if concerned would deliver the message subtly. Just the nature of the beast.

Last edited by slapshot; 02-19-2005 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:56 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF, he wrote it in annonymously????!!! I'd get some revenge on his ***, he better be a freaking model citizen or else you should report his *** everytime he takes the trash out to early, or lets his dog **** on your yard, or is too loud or is parked the wrong way on the street. What a d*ckhead.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 910 Likes on 548 Posts

Anybody friends with a CGT owner to loan OG for a couple of days to sit in his driveway?

OG, don't worry. I can vouch for the fact that, although not as old as some of us, you can't remember what you had for lunch yesterday, so no security issue.

Senior management is obliged to cover their posterieur in a case like this, and it will go nowhere.

Quick Reply: Horror Stories about living in class