Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horror Stories about living in class

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 04:04 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry to hear that OldGuy. I'm a young attorney under 30 and got alot of flack at my firm for having an M3 and then even more when I traded up to a 993, regardless of the fact that I bought it the "old fashioned" way and saved until I could pay straight cash. Meanwhile, they leave the associate in the office next to me who just financed a $35,000 G35 alone.

Once they got to know about my autocrossing and tracking the car, they stopped giving me flack and started to become genuinely interested in the car and the fun I have with it. However, I did end up going and buying a 95 E320 to drive everyday so I'm not as visible. I also find it hard to drive it around clients who are untimately paying my salary.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:18 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Rob Great idea! I used to work for the SEALs before this program. I might have to make some
calls!! I like the BBQ idea too!!! Maybe a Rennlist golf tournament here at the Lake!!

Tour I am very aware of the repercussions of a revenge type deal. that would be worse
than being accused of living over my means which is hogwash, thanks to real estate in Mammoth.
But Like I said if everyone in town finds out so be it.
Typically in my community if you suspect your friend has a problem, you have the ***** to
confront him- thentry to help him. Not try to ruin him. AND you should have some proof.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:37 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey OG,
I can relate - my salary is taxpayer based so I choose not to drive my 993 to work for fear of repercussions from the public. I can almost read the newspaper reports: "Overpaid Public Servants Driving Porsches To Work!" It's a shame because I'd really like to show my coworkers my pride and joy, but I'll stick with showing off the photo in my wallet!
Old 02-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Olav A.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never ever talk about my CGT - oooops!

Quick Reply: Horror Stories about living in class