993 Forum 1995-1998

Group Buy: Kinesis Super Cups

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:39 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also interested. I'm hoping that the rears will have a deeper lip than the fronts, which is the look I really want.
Thanks
chuck
Old 02-20-2006, 01:29 AM
gjtrek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A recent call to BW Motorsports suggested the new Supercups II will be available in the late March/early April time frame. Not sure if the retailer has precise info but it is probably better then our collective speculation on the subject. If anyone on this thread learns of am immenent outing of the SCII how about starting or suggesting a group buy thread, incliding the undersigned.

Both 19s amd 18s will be available...18s with flat edge looks awesome. Not certain of the width but either 8/10 or 8.5/10.5 seems acceptable for the WB models.

The sooner the better. ciao gary
Old 03-06-2006, 10:04 PM
ed4198
Intermediate

Does anyone have any word on the status of this group buy????? Love to hear some updated news>
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 AM
gjtrek
Instructor

I will make a few calls this week to see what the current ETA for the SC2's might be. Hopefully I can reach some one in the know (really) and get some straight info. Once known I will post the information learned.

Keep the faith they will be arriving soon!! But don't necessarily hold your breath.

ciao gary
Old 03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Regarding the Super Cup potential Group Buy, I called and spoke to Brad at BW Motorsports today and was told the new rims have at least 45-60 days before they will be available. I reminded Brad that there are threads on RL which note the same advice was dispensed last year in February (2005). He advised not to read too much into the earlier threads on this point. The "moulds" are currently being completed. Once they are ready, orders will be accepted. He also stated if the moulds continue to be delayed, that Kinesis will find another source for moulds...(this might prolong the situation). I told Brad that I was interested in purchasing once available. They will be custom made to fit your car, with regard to offsets, rim widths and the like.

If anyone else gets future information on the status of availability of these rims it would be greatly appreciated if that could be related here on the board or by PM to me.

I did not discuss any formal group buy, but I did mention there seems to be abundant interest in the new Super Cups to cause demand to be significant. Brad was kind enough to take my phone number and he agreed to contact me once more definitive information is availabe to him on delivery date for the product. Once I hear from him I will report back to the board.
Thanks Gary
Old 03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

I had emailed to/from Stacy at Kinesis last week who indicated it was probably still 3+ months out and suggested continuing to check their website as they'd post their once available.

bill
Old 03-08-2006, 01:03 AM
ed4198
Intermediate

Gary,
Thanks for the update. Kinesis seems to be really dragging their feet on this one. I can't imagine why with so many people seemingly waiting in line. But as so many things in life we'll just have to wait, I guess.
Ed
Old 03-08-2006, 03:54 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have no idea what could be taking so long. Car companies re-tool every year to manufacture complete cars. This is just a wheel, and since it's announcement we've been waiting how long? I'm getting wheels early this summer. I wanted the Supercups, but if they're not ready I guess I'll find something else.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 PM
ed4198
Intermediate

Quick update, spoke to Brad at BW and the wheel is under going SAE testing. If pass, then it looks like its a GO. Should know more next week. Keep your fingers crossed and may be we'll all have them for our first spring ride.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Then I got a pretty good deal getting these for 850.00 with good rubber
on them.........now I REALLY need to lower it!!

Old 03-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

I am most likely passing on the updated Super Cups due to the time it has taken. I have had a deposit down for over a year and every response from Kinesis was that they were '90 days out' ... 2 months later ... '90 days out' ... 3 months later ... '90 days out'.

Below is the email I was cc: on back on Dec 14th 2005:

We received the much anticipated prototype of the Supercup yesterday. There were many design and engineering changes that needed to be made to the prototype you saw 6 months ago in order for it to look better as well as have a higher probability of passing testing. We have very high standards here and the previous prototype wasn't going to cut it. So we now have a prototype that looks good. Next step, verify that the prototype was made correctly and to spec. This is what we are working on now. If this all checks out we have the company test the prototype to a certain set of standards. This is done at the manufacturer's testing site. Once that is done Kinesis Motorsport will test the Supercup in our labs (radial, cornering and fatigue as well as impact test will need to be performed). If all tests are passed we will go into production.

I cannot speak for the manufacturer's testing time frame but our labs typically take 1-2 weeks to complete all 3 tests.

Attached are some pictures of the 19" center which will be used in the 18" reverse rim sections as well as the standard lip 19" rim sections.

I will keep you and Harvey posted as soon as I learn anything new. This is a top priority for us so we are working as quickly as possible.

Thank you and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Best regards,

Nicole

And here we are 3 1/2 months later ... still no wheels.

I still technically have a set on order, however in the meantime I am taking delivery of a set of Volk Racing wheels next week. TE37's in black.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:08 AM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM
Then I got a pretty good deal getting these for 850.00 with good rubber
on them.........now I REALLY need to lower it!!
I still have my spare S-03 with like 80% tread on it. Let me know if you're interested in it

Hope the wheels have been good to you.

nsnyder996@yahoo.com
Old 10-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

I just got an email indicating that Kinesis just got bought out by Lexani. Maybe they will sell diamond encrusted 22's now ...

Also there is NO sign of Supercups on their website ... glad I purchased my Volk Racing TE's ...
Old 10-11-2006, 12:22 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

That can't be good. Yeah, I never really believed they would reproduce the Supercups anyway.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

This just in ... there may be another party that will take up the challenge and make the Supercup a reality ... more as it develops ...

Quick Reply: Group Buy: Kinesis Super Cups