Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Group Buy: Kinesis Super Cups

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Really - I can't imagine plunking down serious cash BEFORE there are actual pics of the actual wheel. I'd love to have these wheels but to be quite honest, I can't swing that much money right now. Our kitchen floor comes first this year (ceramic to replace 18 year old vinyl tile), unfortunately! It was one or the other, so it's the kitchen floor. Then it's the 60" Sony widescreen for the den next year. If only I could eek out an extra $100k a year at my job Then I could have it all!

Seriously though, I'm grateful for what I have. Maybe in a couple of years I can get a set from one of you that get tired of them

Steve
Old 02-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The design is a clone of the Speedlines. However, they are too shiny for me..perhaps if I need new Speedlines... a $2000+ saving is nothing to sneer at
Old 02-09-2005, 12:12 PM
phatbut
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Steve 96C4S...pics please?
Old 02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am working on getting some pics of the redesigned wheel. I will update you when I have something solid.

Regards,
Old 02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
phatbut
Racer

Look forward to seeing them. Thanks Harvey
Old 02-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Cy
Racer

I might be interested in this GB depending on appearance . . . I'm probably more interested if they are closer to the original RS versus a hybrid using certain styling elements. Although, maybe Kinesis will improve on the look and, therefore, originality can go out the window. Of course, I'd like to see a picture first. A fully loaded cost with tires and shipping would be nice too.

I'd be unloading my old school K28s (they don't look exactly like the new K28s).

Regards,
Old 02-09-2005, 07:01 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

What make these wheels different and significantly better than 3 piece RH Turbo wheels for street use?

http://www.rh-wheels.com/index.cfm?P...tail&PID=67579
Old 02-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Mike O
Rennlist Member

Harvey,

I talked to David today about a set for my (dare I say it) 968. I told him what size tires I planned to run and he got with Kinesis to work specific widths and offsets. I now have a set of 18inch 9s and 10s on order. There was a $20 increase for the larger fronts. I think I can afford it

I have lusted for a set of super cups for years and this new design will look great as my street wheel. No track time for these babies!

Thanks for a great opportunity!
Old 02-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

They will look great on your 968. Congrats!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Alan Baylis
Advanced

I feel the need to answer some questions.
Kinesis Motorsport does not approve group buys. The price was offered by a Kinesis Motorsport dealer because they had some customers who were interested in placing an order now. That dealer requested some price consideration because the product is still in development. Because of that we do not have exact weights or pictures. We will not have that information until the wheel is ready to be released. A cast center wheel will typically weigh about 1 pound more than a comparable forged wheel, so about 21-22 lbs in 18" reverse drop center.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:25 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to chime in here.

If I may, 3 quick questions...

- Can the rims be purchased direct thru Kinesis in lieu of going thru one of your vendors ?

- Given, I doubt, anyone will purchase the rim sight-un-seen......will the price of $3288 hold true
once pics are released ?

- Finally, when will the rim be ready for sale ?

Lots of interest here and curious to your reply.

PS. you need to post a pic of your car dude. nice ride. a prof of mine in school had one and I drooled over it for 4 years.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Harvey, they do indeed look great.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Alan Baylis
Advanced

Originally Posted by kdurg
Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to chime in here.

If I may, 3 quick questions...

- Can the rims be purchased direct thru Kinesis in lieu of going thru one of your vendors ?

- Given, I doubt, anyone will purchase the rim sight-un-seen......will the price of $3288 hold true
once pics are released ?

- Finally, when will the rim be ready for sale ?

Lots of interest here and curious to your reply.

PS. you need to post a pic of your car dude. nice ride. a prof of mine in school had one and I drooled over it for 4 years.
Kinesis Motorsport will not go around the dealer network, we are also not a sponsor. Please support the Rennlist sponsors.

This is a pre release sale. The price that I would expect you to see at Kinesis dealers would be about $3900 after release. So if you trust us to do a good job then you can save about $600.

I expect centers for delivery at the beginning of May.

Pictures of my car are here. http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/porsche4.htm
Old 12-20-2005, 02:26 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know when the SuperCup IIs will be out?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:20 AM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

I spoke to Kinesis yesterday and asked about this wheel. I'm told they recently got in a wood mock up and that they are still a few months away from a finished product. They are supposed to get back to me with more details via email perhaps today. I will post if/when they do. They did add me to some kind of list of those interested in the wheel I guess to let me know when its out.
Whatever happened with the group buy for this wheel? Did it dissolve b/c of the time or is there still a way to get in on it?

Quick Reply: Group Buy: Kinesis Super Cups