McQueen/LeMans Jacket Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:34 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leland Pate
I screwed it up for everyone. So, if you want to be mad, be mad at me.
Hey Leland, I've seen those pics of you at the range - I ain't gunna be mad at ya

Seriously, if you hadn't posted here most of us wouldn't even be in the Pelican queue. So thanks for the heads up & thanks for the update.

Now where's my friggin jacket?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sorry guys. I wish I could tell you why I got mine so soon but I have no idea. I do not know the gentleman who put together the group buy nor did I request special treatment. It is possible that I have used up all my good luck for the year on this one jacket. Any way I wish y'all the best of luck and I know you will love them when you get them.
Robert
Also, Dane recieved a limited number of pre-order jackets from Dakota to use to check sizing. So, the lucky SOB's who have gotten their jackets already were from that group.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Hey Leland, I've seen those pics of you at the range - I ain't gunna be mad at ya
Who me???
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 PM
RMEllis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From one of the lucky SOB's, I forgive you Leland.
Robert
Old 04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
kary993
Drifting

I too am trying to be patient on the Pelican order. Dane is a good guy so no one should be worried about getting burned.

The problem with the Pelican order is simple. I screwed it up for everyone. So, if you want to be mad, be mad at me.

When we initially decided to do the buy on Pelican, I was afraid we wouldn't get 50 orders so I posted a thread on Rennlist in hopes of boosting the number of people for the buy (talk about under estimating...) Anyway, it took Dane several weeks to actually get the order placed with Dakota because several people were slow to get sizing to him... and many others wanted to change their original sizes. So, by the time the order was finalized, Kary had already submitted the Rennlist order and you ******* probably beat us to the punch!

I have a feeling we (Rennlist/Pelicanheads) overwhelmed Dakota Industries with these two orders. You gotta figure, the combined order must have been for over 150 or so jackets.

Sorry guys,

Ok, so now blame me huh
Old 04-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

LOL,
No, not at all Kary... I guess 993 owners are a tad more...ahem... "organized" than earlier car guys...
Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

I too am trying to be patient on the Pelican order. Dane is a good guy so no one should be worried about getting burned.
Just realized Danes last name is "Burns" ... so I guess we are getting "burned" in a way.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Hey Brother Lee

No problem at all.. thanks for the update.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you guys yapping about the old order or the new order that Kerry said would happen soon??
Old 04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

The old order for now OG. By the way-OT-I really liked your bike in the other post. Now that I'm in road riding country I went and ordered a Giant T-mobile clone today. The century on Saturday with 25-35 mph winds convinced me that I'd better upgrade.

Al
Old 04-12-2005, 12:31 AM
kary993
Drifting

OG, I beleive they are talking about the Pelican group buy. I will start another GB when folks receive their jackets and report back what they think about them. I think they are very cool...would love to have one
Old 04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Leland......
Patiently waiting.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kary993
OG, I beleive they are talking about the Pelican group buy. I will start another GB when folks receive their jackets and report back what they think about them. I think they are very cool...would love to have one
Thanks again Kary.

Have you seen and felt the jackets yet? Are they lined at all and how thin or thick is the material (cotton?). On the dakota Industries website they only show the back of the jacket in only one of the pictures, i'm assuming all the jackets have the same "LeMans" logo?

It would be great if someone can take a pic of the jacket when they receive it, but no biggie.

Sorry for all the inquiries. Just trying to convince myself that I don't NEED this jacket.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Thanks again Kary.

Have you seen and felt the jackets yet? Are they lined at all and how thin or thick is the material (cotton?). On the dakota Industries website they only show the back of the jacket in only one of the pictures, i'm assuming all the jackets have the same "LeMans" logo?

It would be great if someone can take a pic of the jacket when they receive it, but no biggie.

Sorry for all the inquiries. Just trying to convince myself that I don't NEED this jacket.
They leather coats are lined as are the cotton jackets. Leather has a satin type red liner and cotton coats are lined with a satin type white lining. I am sure both linings are polyester. The Lemans logo are only on the Grand Prix Leman cotton jacket. You guys can see these on my website along with the sizing charts we displayed in this thread.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:38 PM
MrRoboto
Burning Brakes

After a long day at work, guess what arrived? My jacket! It's beautiful. The craftsmanship is far better than i expected. This jacket doesn't retail for $300+ for no reason. The cotton "true blue" jacket I got has a black lining, made of 100% nylon, the inner padding is of 100% polyester, and the outter shell is of 100% cotton. There is no lemans logo on my jacket. Also, the color is off white almost a light tan. Very nice looking jacket and comfortable to boot.

Thanks again Kary!

Quick Reply: McQueen/LeMans Jacket Group Buy