993 Forum 1995-1998

Bad experience with EuroWebParts/ Europroducts in FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad experience with EuroWebParts/ Europroducts in FL

Just thought I'd share my experience here for the benefit of others. Caveat being that this is my experience, you may have (or had) a better one.

I ordered a set of plug wires from them in Dec, before Xmas. This was an 8mm version and was charged $361 on my CC on 12/22. Realize after I ordered that there was an OEM set on eBay selling for much less and called to cancel my order. The lady I spoke to, Tammy, said that the order has already been processed and will go out so any return will be charged a 30% restocking fee. Ok, so I guess I'll just forego the eBay ones then...

Fast forward to today (about a month later). I have still not received my wires (and the eBay auction ended with a pretty good price on those wires). I call Tammy and she says that it seems that only the 7mm version is sold hence my order never went out.

First, she doesn't let me cancel my order for something that never existed in the first place. Second, I find out about this only a month later ONLY AFTER I call them. Third, they charge my card a month ago and NOT when they ship the order out. This is so not cool in my book!

Oh, and to top it off, she has the part listed as 996 wires for a '95 911.

Btw, they advertise in Excellence (I think in Pano too but I'm not positive).

Just a heads-up to anyone.

Anyone got a set for sale before I go buy a new set from a vendor?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Give vertex a go. I was there yesterday and met a guy they call "DEL". They have a huge parts room and several 993 out front they were working on. They also advertise in Excellence.= NO AFFILLIATION www.vertex.com
Old 01-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Caveat being that this is my experience, you may have (or had) a better one.

To bad you had such a bad experience with that company. I've dealt with Tammy when I ordered a few items from that company in the past. I ordered some filters, distributor caps and rotors. One of the rotors was chipped badly. I called Tammy and she immediately had another one sent out. I sent back the damaged one to her and she issued a credit to my bank card for my shipping cost. I don't recall for sure but the items I order were not sent from where Tammy's office was located.

It seems with all the internet sale of parts a lot of these companies seem not to have any inventory or very, very, little. As an example when I order parts for my Mercedes cars from one of my favorite vendors, the parts sometime come on different days,from different location, in separate boxes and from different delivery companies. In other words there is all kinds or room for things to get screwed up and they do. I don't know how many times the vendor has credited my bank card for my cost of shipping items back because I got the wrong parts and I don't ship them to the vendor I dealt with but, for example to some company in Calif.

One a good note I purchased some shocks for my ML last week from board sponsor, AJ USA. They send a comfirmation email that outlines what I purchased and all the other terms of the sale. They even send another email that says order has shipped and provide tracking information.

It the vendor doesn't handle the sale the way AJ USA does we as the buyer would probably be well advised to send an email confirmation to the vendor outlining what we have ordered, the cost or each item, cost of shipping, date our order will ship, and whether the item is in stock or not.

Often times vendors have the terms of their return policy printed in their ad. If they don't and want to charge some ridiculous restocking fee I'd refuse to pay and tell my credit card company that I have no contractual obligation to pay same and advise them that their contention that I am required to pay a restocking fee is not supported by the terms of the sale.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:35 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I ordered plugs, oil filters, fuel filter and the cap/rotor kit from Vertex on 1/18/2005 (a.m., I am pretty sure). The order was not shipped until 1/20/2005 and I won't get the goods until 1/25/2005. Seems like they were quicker before. That's why I went with them. Hoping to do some maintenance this weekend
Old 01-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

I used to manage two distribution centers that shipped online and phone orders of cell phones. We did not own the warehouses, but rather used them as an outsourced service. Part of the agreement was that they would actually own the inventory. Back then, we weren't as sophisticated with the web either as the orders were actually processed manually behind the scenes. Even given the technology (or lack there of) back then, I would get my *** chewed if a customer did not get his/her phone within the time we promised. Needless to say, I watched my inventory like a hawk. Oh, back then, we weren't automatically linked to the DC's system either. I received my inventory report twice a day and ran it through an Excel macro I wrote with formatted cells that lit up yellow or red when inventory went low. A few times, I had to call one of our vendors and personally track down shipments, inc. a shipment or two that were on a Korean Air Line flight out of Seoul (no prizes for guessing who the vendor is - to their credit, they were the best in response which is why I'm not surprised they're #2 in the US now).

Point is, even back then with limited technology (compared to today), we still managed to ensure customers got what they ordered, even when we did not own the Distribution Center ourselves. So, in today's age of ERP, CRM, DSL, etc. there is no excuse for not ensuring inventory is up to that, website is current, vendors are to standards, etc. etc. And yes, we even occasionally did drop shipments (which is when vendors ship directly to customers rather than going through the ordering company).

There are no shortages of P-car vendors (one of the many reasons I chose a 993 over an NSX) and given that I've had good experience with Sunset & Pelican (just thought I'd try some one different this time), I guess I can live with one less vendor on my list.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

This business is just ripe for someone to enter it, provide the superior service and exacting order fulfillment we expect (a la Dell, or Newegg.com, or McMaster-Carr[they're amazingly quick!]) and definitively win over all of our business.

I've been ordering from Sunset Imports and I'm reasonably happy with them as I have received good service and accurate fulfillment of orders, including oddball parts. Yet no one vendor seems to be able to ship immediately, email back with a tracking number and provide superior service when a mistake is made.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by John H
I ordered plugs, oil filters, fuel filter and the cap/rotor kit from Vertex on 1/18/2005 (a.m., I am pretty sure). The order was not shipped until 1/20/2005 and I won't get the goods until 1/25/2005.
I orderd a set of Euro taillights for my tt from Vertex and it did take them a few days to ship out the lights. However the packaging was excellent (double boxed), communication was excellent (email confirmation, UPS tracking #, etc.). The lights were perfect and very good price.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Herkplt1
Intermediate

I've used Europroducts quite a bit recently. In face I ordered oil filters on 18 Jan and recieved them on 20 Jan. I can't complain about their service or delivery times. The prices aren't bad either.

Chris

Quick Reply: Bad experience with EuroWebParts/ Europroducts in FL