Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Naming

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 01:52 AM
hstanley70
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW, I just spent several years in the Netherlands and the naming is not consistent. The most common is "negen elf" or "nine-eleven". My German friends generally went with the 9-1-1 form (although most of THEM drove Mercedes! :&gt....

After 09/11/01, I generally prefer just to say "Carrera" or "9-9-3", and avoid the confusion...

Cheers,
hal

---------------------
1997 C4S (Black/Black)
....and lovin' it....
Old 05-31-2003, 11:46 AM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Richard:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Jack Ennuste:
<strong>9/11 has special meaning now. Should avoid this naming.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Jack, that is very true for Americans and those of use that are aware of the way Americans express dates. Most people I meet refer to that day as "September 11" and are either unaware that Americans flip the day and month (as compared to the rest of the world that use DD/MM/YYYY) or are aware of it, but do not relate to it.

Either way, 9-11 or 9-1-1, they are great cars and we all love them.

BTW, I did not mention which UK mag had the article/s on the numbering. It was of course "911 & PORSCHE WORLD".</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Good point. I follow BBC International and they used always nine-eleven as icon of terrorism, not automotion history.

Quick Reply: Porsche Naming