Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much less do you think the value is of a deep purple porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 04:21 PM
B-Line home
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C2S, and yes, in Miami..
I passed on it..
Old 12-23-2001, 12:22 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Talking

Just to add on these purchase and colour stories...
I was driving the last years a mint 968 which I loved dearly. My car when I sold it had 18K miles on and was a concours winner. I had also tracked the 968 and I had fallen in love even more with the forgiveness and friendliness on the track.
But...as long as I can remember myself I always wanted a 911. The sound from the flat six always brought tingles to my body and made my hair on the back of my neck raise...
My 968 was red with cashmere leather. My old 944 was the peculiar aventurine green which in a strange way I liked because it looked black at night. My 968 purchase was on impulse because of the condition of the car and not the way red looked.I always wanted a black car! Last year when I was servicing my car at a dealer in Houston they had a 993 targa in double black with the aero package on. I was in awe! the package was stunning on the car and I was drouling all over it...Ofcourse the savvy salesman picked up on my drouling and he came armed with the keys... He said "how about a ride?" I nearly fainted! I had never driven a 993 or an older 911 for that matter, I had driven a 996 who my friend sold in less than a month of ownership because "it was dissaponting compared to the 993" and I found the 996 to be very similar to my 968 in the way the car feels.
Stepping into the 993 I was shoked to find the clutch and brake pedal so hard! As soon as the engine fired I was in paradise...
So ofcourse I gave in...yeah twist my arm!
My wife (how do they know!) when speaking to me on the phone she new I was up to something!!! She loved the 968 and we were getting a new house so the pressure was on... You know how amazing it is when they tell you well its up to you and you know you are going to hear all about it till eternity...
So the dealer was dumbfounded when I backed out , financing was done, everything, I even had the keys in my hands.... On the way home I could not stop thinking about the black beauty the sound, the smells... I really would have hated to give up my 968 but in a perfect world i would have been able to keep it. So i said to my self that I will gather the money needed, the financial Gods will be smilling at me and the wife unit will be happy that I waited until we are more financially "secure".
I started doing the DE's with the local PCA club, got hooked and started thinking that the 968 was an incredible car for the track.
That is until I rode with an instructor and his 911 Turbo! My love affair with the 911 re-ignited! The T was red and on that car it looked incredible. I actively started looking for for a 94 911 Turbo found one in red and one in black. They were both mighty expensive but at this time I thought that the red looked striking.
My finances which never got better, did not allow me to think of a $70K+ asking price...so it was time for another DE with my 968... Took it for tech inspection only to find that the right rear P-Zero was in need of replacing...on the showroom floor a red 993 cab was sitting in between the 996's..I thought wow...stunning! The car was almost being sold that day, the buyer said he would come back with the financing staff from his bank. I had met him in the coffee in the lounge and he was thrilled that she was buying the car...But the sales man said that they did not leave a deposit so as far as he was concerned the car was for sale...
So he offered the faithfull ride...
Needless to say the next day I had the planned DE..What better way to get familiar with my new car!!!
The rest is history so to speak! I'm deeply inlove with the car especially with the colour combo...Guards Red with Black interior
Fly yellow I must say is now number 2 on my list...if ever the financial Gods smile at me a fly yellow coupe to use as a track car is a real possibility!
http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/DJ993.jpg
Old 12-24-2001, 11:35 AM
MikeF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm guessing that the car was "Vesuvio Metallic" and you saw it at Champion Motorsports in Pompano Beach...right?

They've had it since mid-summer. Its got 21K on the clock with factory Aero kit, sport seats, sport suspension, and chrome (yuck) wheels.

The asking price a while back was $59K. I was going to fly down and look at it as the equipment, mileage, and price seemed good. They were obscenely low on the allowance for my trade though...so I didn't make the trip. I've subsequently decided to keep my 94 cab.

Regarding Vesuvio...I stopped by the local Porsche dealer and looked at a paint card for this color...in the book, it looked great! I suppose you'd have to see it on the car. BTW...this color was used in much of the C2S advertising in 97.
Old 12-26-2001, 11:03 PM
B-Line home
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your right,
It was the Vesuvio at Champion. The price has come down to 56k though. They said it should be cheaper but since they had it pre Sept 11, they don't have much room on it.
I spoke to them about the uck! chrome wheels and they said they would change them to the turbo twisties as part of the deal.
I drove the car and it happened to drive really nice. I just couldn't settle on the color. It was nice looking but not what I wanted.
Hope this helps..

Quick Reply: how much less do you think the value is of a deep purple porsche?