Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Time Trial, Streets of Willow with the back bowl, Jan 22nd 23rd...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Talking Time Trial, Streets of Willow with the back bowl, Jan 22nd 23rd...

After talking to Kary Clements from PCA, I will run on the 22nd and 23rd with PCA at the Streets of Willow, and then the 29th and 30th with POC. The PCA event will be running clockwise and will also run the Back Bowl, added track. In addition, there will be a light turn out as well. This is being run as a time trial, so once again lots of you will be running as students...but remember, low turn out, light on the traffic. For more info on the PCA event, go to www.pcasd.org They should have the event up very soon, possibly even now

Try to make the 29th for certain. That is the one (1) day POC driving school. You need one (1) school to earn your POC Short Track Series License. You'll need a Short Track License if you want to run any of the Big Tracks with POC. You already are 50% there with 2 days on the track. I believe all you need is 3 events and 1 school to qualify for a STS license. If you want to know the specific requirements, drop a note to Glen Uslan. You can find his e-mail address on the POC web site, Board Members www.porscheownersclub.org

Best regards,

Martin

Last edited by Martin S.; 12-05-2004 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Revision
Old 12-04-2004, 01:16 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is also the PCA San Diego region time trail at Street of Willow on January 22/23. The track will be clockwise using the back bowl. Should also be a fun event. We normally have less than 40 drivers in three groups so track time is at a maximum. Come on out and join us!

BTW, We have not updated the web site with the registration form yet but contact me if interested and I will notify you when the form is available.

Here are the other scheduled Time Traile vent for San Diego, there are some fun venues, come join us!

Jan. 22-23- Streets Clockwise w/bowl
March 18-20 - Fontana Festival of Speed (TT not DE)
June 4-5 - Buttonwillow
July 30-31 - Big Willow
Oct. 1-2 - Fall Festival and Rodeo Spring Mountain, NV

Cheers!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 05:44 PM
touf
Pro

Hi martin, I am definitely interested in going to Big Willow.
Keep me posted.
Thx
Old 12-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Talking Change in Plans.....

Gentlemens,

After talking to Kary Clements from PCA, I will run on the 22nd and 23rd with PCA at the Streets of Willow, and then the 29th and 30th with POC. The PCA event will be running clockwise and will also run the Back Bowl, added track. In addition, there will be a light turn out as well. This is being run as a time trial, so once again lots of you will be running as students...but remember, low turn out, light on the traffic. For more info on the PCA event, go to www.pcasd.org They should have the event up very soon, possibly even now

Try to make the 29th for certain. That is the one (1) day POC driving school. You need one (1) school to earn your POC Short Track Series License. You'll need a Short Track License if you want to run any of the Big Tracks with POC. You already are 50% there with 2 days on the track. I believe all you need is 3 events and 1 school to qualify for a STS license. If you want to know the specific requirements, drop a note to Glen Uslan. You can find his e-mail address on the POC web site, Board Members www.porscheownersclub.org

Best regards,

Martin

Last edited by Martin S.; 12-05-2004 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Mundane and boring
Old 12-05-2004, 02:19 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

29th. I may go so I can get that DE out of the way for my license. A lot that will do me since I have a cab without roll bar anyway. At least I won't have to run with an instructor, which is probably well worth it to keep that jabbering out of my ear when I am trying to concentrate on hittin apex's.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

The 29th will be the mandatory school, the 30th will be STS #1. Look me up I am in car #326 white 97 Carrera
Old 12-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmblu
At least I won't have to run with an instructor, which is probably well worth it to keep that jabbering out of my ear when I am trying to concentrate on hittin apex's.
Instructors are way overrated when you have natural talent....
Old 12-06-2004, 02:42 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Instructors are way overrated when you have natural talent....
Yup.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Alan

Never underestimate what a good instructor can do for your ability.

I know a couple of guys who have had a fellow Rennlister and HWFM teammate, DJ, and have raved about how much he has helped them. DJ is a good guy, very funny, and will tell you exactly what you are doing right or wrong.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:08 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
I know a couple of guys who have had a fellow Rennlister and HWFM teammate, DJ, and have raved about how much he has helped them. DJ is a good guy, very funny, and will tell you exactly what you are doing right or wrong.
Hey Mike, I have been told the same thing about my teaching before. Well, with the exception of being a good guy, being very funny, and telling them exactly what they are doing right.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

EJ

Ya know, I've always heard you were a terrific instructor for school bus track days.

One question though. Whcih seat does the instructor sit in on the school bus?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:49 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
One question though. Whcih seat does the instructor sit in on the school bus?
Its actually better as the instructor can sit in the seat directly behind the driver and scream at the top of his lungs in the drovers ear. Works great.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:34 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Hey Mikey,

Just show me the line, braking and apex points and I'll take er for there Capt.

I been pushin these 911's fer 32 years, someone telling me how to do it right will just screw everything up for me.

Last STS, the instructor told me about that middle pedal. Amazing you can actually slow the car down if you press down on it with your right foot. I really was amazed however I thought the idea was to accelerate so I think I will keep ignoring that it's there.

How's the lovely weather in Chicago Mike? No track days, no golf... How can you take it?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:41 PM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Hey Mikey,

Just show me the line, braking and apex points and I'll take er for there Capt.

I been pushin these 911's fer 32 years, someone telling me how to do it right will just screw everything up for me.

Last STS, the instructor told me about that middle pedal. Amazing you can actually slow the car down if you press down on it with your right foot. I really was amazed however I thought the idea was to accelerate so I think I will keep ignoring that it's there.

How's the lovely weather in Chicago Mike? No track days, no golf... How can you take it?
bubba m&m,

Ol JimBob dun maded a trip ta Kalifornee knot two long agoe. I dun goed to dat willer springs trak - to da sreets in fakt. dat playce dont be makin much snese to ol JimBob cuz I dint see know willer trees there an da streats was relee a racy trak, not sum streets. but dem kalifornee bubbas is prettee stoopid bout natoore sum times.

anee rate, ol JimBob dum met a bunch o yall bubbas, includin dat bubba wat invented doze m&ms. he be drivin a brite bluue porch kar and I dun heared his insruckter takin bout him aftar a seshion. Hiz instructer dun sayed dat y'all be knowin how sum stoodents jist git it? dey lissen ta everthin den dey jis dew everthin yall sayed. an dey droved da rite line an dey is faste.

now is y'all m&m bubba da same wun dat waz at da streats bout a munth ago er so? is dat your brite bluee kar dat instrukter waz a talkin bout?

Yur Fren,
JimBob
Old 12-06-2004, 10:52 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Now, I had the exact opposite experience, my instructor, C. Wiles was da shizzle, knew how far I wanted to go with the car, and in the few times we got to take it out together, really taught me a lot. Also has one of the fastest POC times for the short track so . . . it was a great experience. My parade laps with Martin Supercup S., slow as they were were also really valuable. I actually should have kidnapped him and spent the entire lunch just learning lines. So, guess, it all depends.

And Alan, 32 years . . . no wonder you smoke me like salmon. 32 years ago I was gettin' my seat time on an 18" Schwinn Stingray! Now I don't feel so bad. See you Sunday, and let's get a lead with a Valentine.

Last edited by slapshot; 12-06-2004 at 11:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Time Trial, Streets of Willow with the back bowl, Jan 22nd 23rd...