Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbotech Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 08:58 PM
96P993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not sure if there is some personal issue with Liteswap or others but this *** riding is a little on the visious side. From what I have read Eric didnt try to "push" this product or start up a "group buy". All I saw was that he picked up a new product and wanted to know if anyone had tried it or was interested in it and to post or email comments. The only helpful post was from Erick, who has actually tried the product. Liteswap gave us a great deal on the HIDs and was very helpful to all that needed the info. I was the one that started the threads on the group buy, Eric joined just to try to answer all the questions he could. He has now taken such an interest in our cars and this site that he has joined as a supporting vendor. None of this was neccessary on his part but Eric did it because like all of us he is a "car lover" and Im sure he has learned a lot from us as we from him. I just think we need to cut him some slack and read what he is saying before putting words in his mouth....and yes I know we are all free to post what we want, this is a public forum....By the way Eric, I recieved many emials thanking me for all the work on the HID Group Buy but without your help and generousity it would have never happened so THANK YOU...OK Im done
Old 04-20-2003, 11:14 PM
kary993
Drifting

Eric, to answer your question, I am satisfied to date with the HID purchase. There was quite a bit of work by rennlist members to work out the install in various configurations. All of which you will benefit from. This is not a bad thing just a fact.

Regarding the brake pads it may be that I am not following the thread correctly, but I get the impression that you are trying too hard on some of these things. Other rennlist'ers have made comments about your affiliations and what not as well. I am not the first to question this.

Yes, this is a tough crowd that does demand quality products.

I am not attacking you, just making sure you understand where I (and others) are coming from when we read what you are posting. Consider it insider information that will benefit you and us!
Old 04-20-2003, 11:32 PM
magnetic1
Racer

Thanks for the feedback Chris and Kary.

I am not aware of any other products I am "pushing". I supplied the HID group buy and that was it.

I don't doubt you guys demand quality products. I'm just trying to bring quality products TO Rennisters at less.

Chris, thank you again for introducing me to this forum. It's like a big "family" here. I think I have decided to goto Hershey too.. maybe I will see some of you other forum members there!
Old 04-20-2003, 11:57 PM
96P993
Pro

I could be wrong here but I get the impression that Eric is a car lover and when something new comes along he is excited about it. I can see how this could be seen as pushing and "heavy selling" I think sponsors have to prove themselves and if Eric stays with it he will get the respects others have received over time.

"but I get the impression that you are trying too hard on some of these things. Other rennlist'ers have made comments about your affiliations and what not as well. I am not the first to question this."
Old 04-21-2003, 12:20 AM
magnetic1
Racer

Car lover at birth I could talk cars all day!

And anything related to it. I think I was on the phone w/ Chris for over 30 minutes just explaining to him the basics of HID and how different kits vary, color temperatures, etc etc...

Anyways... I have not tried to sell a product without first researching it and trying it. When we decided to sell HID lighting, we did TONS of research. We could have carried a variety of different brands or bundled components... but when we researched the Catz, we thought that was the best. Our goal was to bring the highest quality kits to market.

No hard feelings here... just wanted to clarify my position!
Old 04-21-2003, 12:21 AM
kary993
Drifting

Yes, well said 96P993. I just wanted him to know how it was coming off (at least to me). Time will certainly tell and hopefully we will all chuckle about this in the future.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:15 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

I too bought a set of Eric's HID lights for my wifes new ML500 about two months ago after the group buy here was started. He is local to me so he came over and delivered them to the house and then looked at the install issues I will face with the ML - including pulling out a light assembly.

I was impressed with Erics C5 vette with roll bar, race seats and harnesses, and the fact that he had been to Summit Point instructing at a DE earlier that day. He may not drive a 993, but he drives a pretty nice track car.

As for the carbotech brake pads, I know Larry the owner from when I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale. I used his brake pads in my race Eclipse for about 4 years without any problems. Carbotech and Larry are very strong supporters of grassroots racing like SCCA, BMWCCA and yes PCA. If Eric wants to distribute them, good for him.

The purpose of this post is not to get you to buy Carbotech brake pads, but to realize that some people may not drive 911s, a point which does not make them any less a car enthusiast.

E. J.

Quick Reply: Carbotech Brake Pads