Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really never wanted to say this... (OT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 10:13 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 392 Likes on 227 Posts
Post I really never wanted to say this... (OT)

as I'm a Juan Pablo fan. But, superior car notwithstanding, Micheal's performance in the Italian GP really drives home what most believe- he's one of the greatest in history. He makes it look like a Sunday drive- calmly adjusting brake bias in the straights; bearing down for extra SECONDS per lap when the coast is clear and just slicing up traffic when in a crowd. The fact that his mum had just died makes his performance even more remarkable.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:25 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I would suggestion you change the title of the email to F1 spoiler for those who have not watched the race yet.

That said, I could not agree with you more. The ability to put such a tragic event on hold and concentrate at the level that is necessary to merely control an F1 car not mention at the extreme envelop of speed to win a Grand Prix demonstrates why he is one of the greatest in F1 history.

Side note…the race also showed what effect the new rules have had…none. With no weather or mistakes by the top teams…the dominance returned for Ferrari. It would have been a 1-2 if not for a blundered front wheel change on Ruben’s last pit stop.

Quick Reply: I really never wanted to say this... (OT)