Sponsored by:

Gotta show off my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 09:46 AM
Frank A
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ric, car looks great.
I have the same K28s...I'd like to duplicate the Porsche crest in the wheel centers. Are they Porsche factory? Which ones? If aftermarket...who is the supplier.
Thanks...Frank A.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:18 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
As Viken indicated the height at the fenders means nothing. The proper spot to measure the ride height is on the underside of the chassis, not on the body.
Greg
Old 09-04-2001, 04:33 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<STRONG>As Viken indicated the height at the fenders means nothing. The proper spot to measure the ride height is on the underside of the chassis, not on the body.
Greg</STRONG>
Hey Greg, Viken, DJ, and Matt -

I appreciate your responses and definitely see your point. I thought Bruce Anderson knew his stuff.

I must admit that I remain confused with respect to standard cars (i.e. those without a coil-over suspension like H&R, PSS9, or JRZ). Since you cannot truly corner balance these cars (such as my 993TT with standard shocks and Eibach springs), I do not see how varying height differences at all four corners of up to 1" can be considered "normal". On a corner-balanced car, maybe, but what would explain the difference in a car with standard shocks and springs that are all of equal length?
Old 09-04-2001, 05:39 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Anir:
<STRONG>I must admit that I remain confused with respect to standard cars (i.e. those without a coil-over suspension like H&R, PSS9, or JRZ). Since you cannot truly corner balance these cars (such as my 993TT with standard shocks and Eibach springs), I do not see how varying height differences at all four corners of up to 1" can be considered "normal". On a corner-balanced car, maybe, but what would explain the difference in a car with standard shocks and springs that are all of equal length?</STRONG>
The 993 cars with standard shocks can be corner balanced via the front adjustable shocks. It is not 100% but it could be close enough. Now, if you really are concerned about height measurements, you can always fine tune the rear with one of the three different spring shims Porsche offers.

Quick Reply: Gotta show off my baby!