Sponsored by:

Forced to sell dream car...l

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 12:25 AM
jbuchsba
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Forced to sell dream car...l

Forced to sell due to cash flow issues associated with changing jobs/states/houses.

Car: Guards Red 1995 (no obdII CEL issues) 993 C4. Perfect. No crashes, dings, oil use issues, damage, noices, problems. 39,800mi. All records. No services missed or avoided....PO spent a fortune on care...one could eat off parts of the suspension - it is that clean (driven in the rain twice in last 5 years, no snow).

18" Kinesis Super cups

Michelin Pilot sports, 225/40 front 6/10, 285/30 rear 3/10 (will need new rears)

H&R coilovers at 30k

Brakes in great shape (pads, etc., almost new afaik)

Rennline front strut brace

OEM Turbo S aero kit (front and rear with ducts)

Tech Art side skirts

$3000+ custom stereo install: eclipse head unit, amp in front trunk, MB Quartz speakers (rear seats kept...only way to improve this is to get a subwoofer and dump the rear seats) Manual and remote included.

Cold air intake.

Syntex and original ECU....a conservative chip that gives torque about equal to a varioram car..it is really quite impressive.

Billy Boat full exhaust system: heat exchangers, mufflers, headers, pipes, tips.

Ale gauge rings and **** surrounds.

Builit in trickle charger. (found out later Sears unit custom installed)

Immobilizer (factory option).

Cold a/c.

No oil usage issues. No leaks. No smoke. All gauges work. All bulbs work (*****, etc.).

Great paint (near concours quality).

Bra from PO.

Cover from PO, silver with Porche name in red.

Two old light units.

Current lights with fresh silverstar bulbs (low and high beams).

Thanks. Sorry for putting this here, but the classified refused me (even with my membership card out to check my data....ug). See the mart section of www.pca.org for pricing, etc., see add #8507.
Attached Images       

Last edited by jbuchsba; 11-26-2004 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:34 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking car...and sorry to hear that you have to sell...someone out there will be getting a great car.

OT, but can you tell me about your "built-in trickle charger"? My car sits for weeks/mos at a time at this would be great to have.

TIA
Old 11-26-2004, 12:43 AM
jbuchsba
Advanced

Default Data on charger.

PO put it in. It is under the carpet in the hood....you pull the carpet aside and plug it in. I haven't needed it....under my ownership of about 4 months, I drove it every weekend if dry and sometimes for about 30 minutes on a given work night to reflect on the important things in life .... Basically, this car made me smile. If I could keep her, I would.

(looks like an OEM thing....I can take a picture and post if you would like)

The PO only sold this because he bought a black 996TT and his wife made him sell. Really nice guy...spent a fortune on the car. Many stories....he had a warranty on it and had it checked out top to bottom just before the warranty (Posche) expired....he had the dealer replace with new parts the diffs and most wear items in the suspension at 30k....so much of the car is basically new...at least most of the wear stuff. I forgot to put the bra, cover, and lights in the car as I drove off...he shipped it to me on his dime. He made me promise to keep it clean....he loved the car. The only time he ever saw it being driven was when he led me to the highway after I bought it. This car has been well cared for on all ends as far as I know. Me, garaged 100% and no wet roads.

Last edited by jbuchsba; 11-26-2004 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:52 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, pics would be good...at your convenience of course. Thanks and best of luck on your move and new job
Old 11-26-2004, 02:13 AM
jbuchsba
Advanced

Well...not OEM, Sears branded....there are three plastic thumb screws in the very front of the trunk in my car. Behind these is a cleanly installed series of wires with this charger (see pictures) places in such a way so as to not move/rattle (elastic strap holds it quite tightly....quite a nice installation).

I am not sure where this amp stands in the world of amps...but I was told it was good audio. The quality and workmanship of the installation is top notch.

Hope this helps.

JB
Attached Images      
Old 11-26-2004, 03:32 AM
nman413
Drifting

That's a different looking intake you have there....
Old 11-26-2004, 03:45 AM
jbuchsba
Advanced

Default Intake

Yes...not sure who/where from...PO put it in after being unhappy with a BMC filter in the stock box. The overall feel of the car is "strong" even by the mechanic who changed the oil and is a SuperCup or Cup car vet.....he was quite impressed by the torque (not revved or driven in the lot to test hp...).

If anyone knows the brand, please post...I can check carefully. It was changed at 30k mi.

JB
Old 11-27-2004, 12:34 AM
jbuchsba
Advanced

Default Spouse amazes me once again.

I am a blessed man...and I am pretty much not one to use that adjective often. She told me she did not want me to sell the car....so we'll figure something else out. Amazing.

JB
Old 11-27-2004, 01:02 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear it! Happy for you....
Old 11-27-2004, 11:12 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuchsba
I am a blessed man...and I am pretty much not one to use that adjective often. She told me she did not want me to sell the car....so we'll figure something else out. Amazing.

JB
Great news!! The saying that "we men are nothing without our women" is a very true statement! Please give her a Big Thank You from all us Porsche owners!

Old 11-27-2004, 12:38 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's beautiful... & so is your c4!

bol w/ everything.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Your post is so funny to me. I've read alot of posts on here in the few years I've followed 993's and it's interesting how many 993 owners start a post and say they have to unfortunately sell their car due to finances or a new baby or their wife's situation or a job change or whatever... Then, after 15 replies, the owner comes back to say that they found a way to keep it in the 11th hour!

You're a lucky man, to be one of those that it looked like you'd probably have to sell yours, and now you don't. I've been there a couple of times myself. My wife is not too happy that we have a 3rd car that we don't "need". A couple of times a year we fight over money and she claims I'll have to sell the car. I never will! She'll never understand that, but I'd have to be destitute, begging for money on the corner before I sell this car !

Peace,
Steve
Old 11-27-2004, 08:33 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

She told me she did not want me to sell the car....so we'll figure something else out. Amazing.
Her idea? Yah, right. A likely sorry. A few boxes of tissues and a little blood letting and she capitulated in order to save your life.

"I can't stand to see a grown man cry. OK honey, get off your knees. Yes I will accept that new diamond ring". he he.

Congrats. I'm very glad this has worked out in your and, I'm sure by the sound of your voice in the posts, the car's favor. We all need love. Your car is definately loved.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:12 PM
jbuchsba
Advanced

She likes the car. And, she realizes how special/good a car it is....it is a car one of my co-workers said "wow, it is perfect...no way it is 10 years old, looks brand new" and that person knows cars, at least domestic ones (the difference between a CTS and a CTS-V for example). Now, the next time she asks for something, I am cooked.

Thanks all.

Last edited by jbuchsba; 11-27-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:51 PM
SFreeman
Advanced

Glad you get to keep your 993. BTW, your intake is a PowerHaus Ram Air Intake, scroll about 2/3 down the page of this link for details: http://www.powerhaus.com/993.htm

Quick Reply: Forced to sell dream car...l