Sponsored by:

Pricing for 15k svc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 03:20 AM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Pricing for 15k svc.

I've searched at the archives and couldn't find any pricing (avg.) in regards to 15k svc. My car has about 12k miles right now and I want to find out what most of you paid for 15k svc. down in Southern Cal.

Thanks in advance.
Ron
Old 12-11-2001, 03:28 AM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that I paid about $600 for mine up in No. Cal.

I'd probably do it myself the next time, but it's too late now. The next major service is 30K and I've read too many horror stories about changing the spark plugs, so I'll leave the 30K service to the pros.

Jeff
Old 12-11-2001, 09:58 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ron,

If you took your car to the dealer, the 15k miles service really is just an oil change, air filter and pollen filter change. And they will check for fittings and belts and other fluid levels, etc. Which will run you anywhere from $400-$500.

But most of us do a little more during the 15k service, which also involves plug change, transmission fluid change, brake fluid change. Basically they are all under the 30k mile items, the cost of that service ranges anywhere from $800-$1200.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:22 PM
Griffin Brown
Advanced

Ron, my 15k service was roughly $1000. That was before I found a better mechanic. He would have charged me only $700 or thereabouts.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:35 PM
993Widebody
Racer

To change the oil should be approx. $175
To change the pollen filters and air filter
shouldn't be more than $150 considering full retail for two pollen filters and an air filter is approx. $100 and the labor on this stuff is not much. Other than that the dealer is doing a lot of checking, but not a lot of work. Therefore, how anyone can charge more than $400-$500 is outrageous. I guess a lot of Porsche owners are not well enough informed and pay it, so the dealers charge what they can get.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:48 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info everyone.

I guess I can do the air/pollen filters myself but I think I'll let the shop do my oil change, I'm just to lazy to take the 'used' oil to the recycling center.

Ron
Old 12-12-2001, 01:28 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

I guess I can do the air/pollen filters myself but I think I'll let the shop do my oil change, I'm just to lazy to take the 'used' oil to the recycling center.

Ron
Ron, carrying tht used oil to a recycling center is easy; getting at the two oil filters and draining the oil tank and engine without flooding the garage floor or giving yoruself an oil shower is the hard part (even now after having done it for several years, it's over an hour job).

The air/pollen filters aren't easy either (just easy in comparison to oil change); PITA getting those covers off then back in place properly.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:24 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Ray Calvo:
<STRONG>

Ron, carrying tht used oil to a recycling center is easy; getting at the two oil filters and draining the oil tank and engine without flooding the garage floor or giving yoruself an oil shower is the hard part (even now after having done it for several years, it's over an hour job).

The air/pollen filters aren't easy either (just easy in comparison to oil change); PITA getting those covers off then back in place properly.</STRONG>
I've removed the air box cover before when I had to drill out holes but I've never done the pollen filter so I guess I'll check Robin's site.

As far as the oil, I'll leave it to the shop, don't need an oil shower nor oil in my garage.

Thanks for the info Ray.

Peace!
Ron

Quick Reply: Pricing for 15k svc.