Sponsored by:

96 C4S with Ruf wheels.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 09:40 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 96 C4S with Ruf wheels.....

Trying to post a photo of my car...watch out for the electronically challenged among us.......
Old 12-10-2001, 09:44 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

very very nice, I have a black c4 too! what other mods have you done?
Old 12-10-2001, 09:54 PM
McCulla
Pro

Thanks Phil, I haven't done too much. Has the ROW M030 suspension, B&B exhaust and the wheels, that's all.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:01 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

I currently have robins mufflers. Do you like the b and b mufflers?...I have been toying with the idea of fabspeed maxflows
Old 12-10-2001, 10:07 PM
McCulla
Pro

Phil, I had B&B on my previous car,a 91C2,and liked the sound a lot. These are (interestingly enough) louder IN the car than outside. I can rarely get my wife to drive this car (she has a 2.7 Boxster) due to paranoia, but talked her into it the other day just so I could hear the pipes! I was surprised at the relatively muted sound, but very nice. They are a bit of a resonator at about 3K rpm but it doesn't bother me, I like to hear it.I really don't have many oportunities to compare in my town so can't give you any feedback on any other systems.Sorry.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:34 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fabspeed MaxFlow are the best sounding, best quality, free-est flowing on the market in my humble opinion. I get comments everywhere I go, especially at PCA events.

In addition, Joe Fabiani has been great to work with and VERY customer focused. Highly recommended. Check out his B&B dissection for a view inside... It's pretty compelling in my opinion.
http://www.fabspeed.com/

Click on the "Mufflers Exposed" link on the left-side of the page. Don't be fooled by the statement that Fabspeed mufflers don't have any packing. That may have been true in the past but not any more. Mine have packing but have actually begun to sound even better (if that's possible) after 5k miles.

MC

MC
Old 12-11-2001, 12:45 AM
SeanD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McCulla,

I really like those wheels! I also have a black 993. Can you email me the price that you paid for them?

Also, I noticed that you have a bra installed on your car. I do not freeway commute at all in the 993, but I am considering a trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras to visit a friend that lives there. Road trip! I have not heard wonderful things about bras, but for a a long weekend, it's safe to use right? Can you let me know where you purchased that as well? Yours looks to fit very well. Is it hard to put on and take off your bra? LOL!

Thanks!

Sean
Old 12-11-2001, 08:34 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

mcculla, could you tell us where you purchased your rims from?..I think I want a set for my car too
Old 12-11-2001, 09:10 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

me too.. I want those RUF wheels. I heard that they cost about $3000
Old 12-11-2001, 09:15 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
http://www.weissach.com/

http://www.rufautomobile.com/
Old 12-11-2001, 09:19 PM
rich beebe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first off, mcculla, your car looks great with the ruf rims. i love the look. i should have my rufs on my RS America by next week, once i decide on tires. beautiful car, mcculla.

sean d., the real reason i'm posting is to tell you my experience with a colgan bra on a 2 day trip from colorado to maryland. i purchased my RSA from a friend in colorado and i asked if he could purchase a bra and put it on to save the front of the car from paint chips during the 1700 mile trip. he did a great job installing it (he's as particular as i am), making sure all the seams laid as flat as possible. it fit snug everywhere and it even mounts under the fender liner to keep it from flapping too much on the sides. i checked the install in st. louis and drive home the rest of the way with the bra on. when i removed the bra, i was shocked at what it had done to my paint. the middle seam (on the front bumper) had not only scratched my paint (about 5-6" long), but it actually 'gouged' into the bumper surface, leaving indentations. the 2 openings around the headlights left a 'ring' of scratches in the paint and the rear edge of the bra (on the fenders) did the same thing over and down both fenders. i haven't had it buffed out yet (i doubt i can repair the front bumper with buffing) as i still plan to contact colgan about what happened. this was on a black, 31K mile RSA that was in great condition. from my experience, take your chances with the rock chips, at least then you may get lucky and escape any damage. if you go with a bra, you're definitely going to have scratches and possibly more.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:25 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

I would second the bra comment. I don't use mine anymore. I was getting more scratches from under the bra to make it worth the protection that it provides. Also, I think it looks ugly also. Kind of like putting plastic on your remotes/couches/etc.

GO NAKED!

Jeff
Old 12-11-2001, 10:01 PM
McCulla
Pro

Sean, Phil and Jeff,
Sorry for the tardy response, just home from work. Viken is correct, I got the wheels from Weissach in Canada. Asgar is the man to talk to. I paid $2800 US for them including the requisite rear spacers for wide body cars. Sean, my bra is a Colgan, widely available (Performance Products etc), it fits very well, the original install is a little bit of a pain as you place a velcro strip under the rubber seal for the front boot, then it's a snap. I have a little scuffing along my top fenders, but my body man says this is easily polished out if necessary. I personally have an easier time dealing with the fine scuff that's readily removed than the repaint necessary from all the nasty gravel that we get in the midwest.My car is pretty pampered, I freely admit it, so the bra is the way to go for me. The other absolute must do is remove it if it get's wet and will have a chance to dry on the car as this will definitely do damage to your paint. I have stopped on road trips to take it off after a rain. Rich speaks about a (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) a 964 body car. My bra doesn't have any damage from the middle seam-possibly the different form of the bumpers, not as square(?)I drive mostly at 75mph interstate speeds, not much over and have very little in the way of scuffing on my car. Just my experience, not meaning to be contradictory. Thanks to all for the comments on the car!!

Quick Reply: 96 C4S with Ruf wheels.....