Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I do when I enter a corner too fast?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 03:17 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
I agree with all of you..
I think we are just talking about different stages of the manuever.
If in a spin, sure, foot to the floor.
But, If going into a corner too fast and the car is not spinning, why lock up the brakes??
I think we're all right on this one
we're just talking about different stages of the manuever.. Prespin, post spin.. etc.
I don't think it's even concievable to threshold brake in a spin. I was just refering to slowing the car if it entering into a corner too fast.
: )
Old 12-11-2001, 05:00 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

DJ,

Thank you so very much for your advice And thank you for taking the time to write it down for us as well, I really appreciate it.

Mark: When I spun on the Bus Stop, it was only my second lap on that track and I didn't realize that I need to brake before turning left, exiting the Bus Stop. You are right, it looks deceiving, especially for a novice like me and it's not that I'm going really fast but as DJ said, I believe I panicked right after I realized that I'm entering that turn a bit too fast and that the tail of my car starts to slide. For other experienced drivers, I think that the same situation will be manageable but as I was a beginner, I didn't really know how to react to that sort of situation so I posted this question here

Thank you so much guys for your advice, I really appreciate them.

As DJ, Mark and others mentioned: Go to more driving events and learn from there. I've only gone to driving events twice and both are with Todd's Tracquest group (I really like how Todd organize these driving events, especially the instructors that he has, oh and not to mention the food and banquet that he arranges). And I'm planning of doing more next year if my budget and my domestic boss permits me to.

Mark, DJ: I'll certainly go to Sears Point next week since I'm taking some days off from work but I'll only be a spectator and if possible get a ride with you guys (instructors).

Thanx again guys,

pin
Old 12-11-2001, 05:15 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Robert Henriksen:
<STRONG>I yield the floor to Mark's vastly greater experience at spinning </STRONG>
We should all try to find things we are really good at
After a couple of times at a racetrack, I keep track of the corners by which ones I have not spun or crashed at
Old 12-11-2001, 05:29 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Suwipin:
<STRONG>Mark, DJ: I'll certainly go to Sears Point next week since I'm taking some days off from work but I'll only be a spectator and if possible get a ride with you guys (instructors).
</STRONG>

Pin, I'm so jealous.. I wish that I had a few days off to go with you too. I'm going to Sears Point in late January with NCRC. I can't wait. I'm starting to study the track now. It looks pretty complex!

Also, just installed a new Turbo S ECU last night.

Jeff
Old 12-11-2001, 05:37 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Smile

Hi Jeff,

How are you doing?

Congratulations on the new ECU Jeff. Does your car feel faster with the new Turbo S ECU? I remember you mentioning that you're getting that ECU when I stopped by at your house a few months ago.

Jeff, if your schedule permits, maybe we can go for a ride on the route that you proposed a while back ago?

Cheers,
pin
Old 12-11-2001, 06:34 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally posted by Mark D - 993TT CA:
<STRONG>I keep track of the corners by which ones I have not spun or crashed at </STRONG>

That list must be getting pretty short.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:03 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by DJ:
<STRONG>

That list must be getting pretty short.</STRONG>
Ouch. (But yes, the list is pretty short. )
Old 12-11-2001, 10:48 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally posted by DJ:
<STRONG>45 degrees? Nah, that's still save-able. That's not even considered sideways. </STRONG>
I can't belive I missed this topic and yes I agree with DJ on the above, and no there is nothing else I can ad to DJs excellent write-up.

E. J.

Quick Reply: What should I do when I enter a corner too fast?