Old 10-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts
Default HWFMR membership application

To whom it may concern:

I am aware of the reputable Hey Wait For Me Racing team that has been started on this board. I've also seen the famous speeding turtle on the wing of the praised GT3RS of The Racer's Group team in ALMS. Mike in Chi made me aware that I can apply to become a member of HWFM Racing. I've never applied or joined a racing team before. Anyways I thought I'd share a couple of my qualities. Right now, I'm infamous for the popular Grid Girls thread in the OT Forum. However, my posts have been minimal lately on that thread due to a 13 hour per day work schedule that includes night school. I turn 22 next week on the first of November and am also a member or PCA and Rennlist. I'm also putting together a drive through the backroads of Julian, a part of San Diego County, which I hope will be fun-packed for everyone as well as a learning opportunity too. I'm not sure what qualifications you expect/require from your applicants, but I hope I will be considered. See ya'll on the board.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:15 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Andy,

The requirements are many, the rewards are few. This is a very exclusive group that asks for the following:

1. Post a "proper" membership application, which includes some embarassing or humiliating experience that we can later use for extorsion and blackmail.

2. a request for a particular "job" function that hasn't already been selected.

3. a odd and peverse sense of humor.

4. a cold six-pack of beer faxxed to the Team AARP representative (yup, that's me).

5. a description of the girl in your avatar.

Your application will be discussed on this forum, and a final ruling will be administered by the grand turtle (Mike in Chicago).

Did I mention the 6-pack?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:16 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, first off... Is Andy short for Andrea? Cause if it is and that's you in your avatar, you're in! I think I can probably speak for everyone, except maybe the ladies of the group, meow.

Otherwise... young blood is always good to have around and if you are responsible for the grid girl thread, you should have been an honorary member already. However, since I am a newbie to this fine organization, I must call upon my brothers and sisters for counsel.

Good luck my boy.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:37 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I look forward to the dissertation outlining your particularly slow moving skills. During this process of self introspection, you will find a position that will fit the team young Grasshopper... :-)
Old 10-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Usually an application includes something on the prospective members exploits on and off (so to speak) the track.

Still the Grid Girl thread has brought many hours of enjoyment to numerous teammates... And as of yet, we do not have an OfficalTeam Chronicler of Grid Girls, nor do we have an Apprentice for our Official Grid Girl Procurer. Andy would appear to be qualified for either role.

Andy, why don't you elaborate on your driving abilities or lack thereof.

And of course I am eager for insights into Andy's application from other teammates.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:44 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 344 Likes on 153 Posts

Listen Guys.....

I will vouch for Andy! He's a good kid, AND no that is NOT him in his Avatar!!!

Steve forget the beer!!! Being that he is a fellow Croatian and knows of all the fine booze that Croatians drink (and that very few American's know about), ask Andy to send you some rakija instead of beer. I promise you Steve, you'll never ever feel quite the same about drinking any other liquor again

I'm almost 100% positive that I would not be the only female on this team that wouldn't like to see some young fresh testostrone injected into the team once in a while. I'm sure we can find some position for him to fill. If you've ever seen the Grid Grils Thread on off topic, you know this guy has a eye for women. Maybe he can help our Director of Grid Girl procurement in some way?

Only thing missing frm his app (other than the booze) is his most humiliating, embarassing experience. Come on Andy.... give us something to laugh at and you'll have my vote!!!

Zivijo!!
JoAnne
Old 10-22-2004, 08:53 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me lodge the first.....NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND post.

Not being a member of the band of slow-pokes even though it is high on my list (ahead of the LWF), I have read many a post regarding qualities necessary to achieve membership. To brown-nose a bit...I think the whole membership process is very worthy of such a distinguished group

As I continue my quest for knowledge that would make me a good prospect, I am compiling a list of what I perceive as the major tenants of membership. Again, I'm pacing myself so as to not look too eager or . I guess you could say I'm pacing myself (much like a pace car only at the middle/back of the pack).

Now, all of the sudden, some young buck (22 years old!!!!) comes ripping by me with two Porsches and submits an application for membership. How can this be seen as anything but FAST

However, should the powers that be deem young buck worthy...I think his title should befit his blatant disregard for the pace that I have been setting.

Team Speedster
Team Rabbit Chaser
Team Seeker of the ancient art of patience

to name a few
Old 10-22-2004, 09:01 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

That's pretty funny Peter, you best be gettin you app in soon or you will have to fight OFE for his team designation.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Well, if some of you are coming to my drive on Nov. 7 I will prove to you my abilities with an M030 and now M637 944 I have done about 4 autocrosses, but not since the loss of my '84 I so dearly miss back on January 8th of this year.

Ya'll can wish you can get your mits on the grid girl of my dreams...then again so can I...unless I find a cute Croatian girl that would like to be my grid girl
Old 10-22-2004, 09:19 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

blu-

I'll mark you down as a definite maybe for a yes vote when I eventually submit my application which I'm currently thinking AT LENGTH about.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:20 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

lol.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Any of you other teammates notice that when a young applicant shows up, the mother superior starts breathing hard?

Had I known you were Croatian, Andy, I would have figured a way to sneak your app by the more estrogen depleted members of the team. Too late now, tho.

Maybe if you posted your candidates for "Real-life Grid girls who look most like MS and Adrienne the belly dancer" (both potential teammates of yours btw), that could hasten the application process.

Now on to PedroNole (God help us if Nole is the diminutive of a certain state football factory, altholugh since they usually rolll over for Duke come winter, we can ignore that) Certainly the teammates will be impressed by the speed in which you're preparing your application Pedro, so tell us a little more about skills... And teammates start ruminating on Mr Nole.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Tell ya what, since you have so inspired me to become a post ***** once again on the grid girls thread, I'll vow to give you some of the naughtiest, cutest, sexiest, tightest spandex grid girls on that thread, so attractive and tasteless, that you'll beg me to start a non-work safe website as well as fund me to pursue these girls to begin a HWFM Racing Grid Girl Dating Service

...or am I?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Well Andy, you certainly know how to get the attention of this team.

As to the dating service, we already have a very senior teammate and member of the Executive Committee who is the Official Grid Girl Procurer. You have to be careful that you don't step on his ...uhhh toes.

" I'll vow to give you some of the naughtiest, cutest, sexiest, tightest spandex grid girls on that thread, so attractive and tasteless, that you'll beg me to start a non-work safe website " >> Forget the website - - If you can have them in our paddock Turtle Pond, you're in.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:51 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Ahh, to be 22 again. Go get em for us tiger.

Mike... this guy really knows how to grease. He should be a Chicago councilman fer crying out loud.

Quick Reply: HWFMR membership application