993 Forum 1995-1998

Fresh pictures from the MALIBU fun run. Oct 10

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 04:07 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fresh pictures from the MALIBU fun run. Oct 10

First there, first to go. Damn, Jan got sick so had to split with group at PCH and Mulholland. Got some fun runnin in before I had to exit stage left. Oh, well dramamine next time for the little philly.
Anyway, Great drive, great guys. It is hard to have more fun than that, ya know?

Please excuse my 6 am, caffein jittering hands holding the camera without tripod, in very low light no less. Pics are a bit blurry until light came up.

Here are the first few of blu greeting the sunrise at Gladstones for fish. And fellas next time, THAT is were we will meet for better photo opps because of a slightly better backdrop than Vons our friendly grocer.

I will add more as I can. Got to go do some things today, so I'll check back later with a few more.

Great Day, thanks guys.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:25 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Okay, one more then I gotta go.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:39 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alan! That's cruel! We spend all that time waiting for you to finish snapping pics and you don't even share them!

Great morning all. A three hour run, (Topanga/Old Topanga/Mulholand/Stunt/Scheron/Piuma/Cold Cyn/Mulholand all the way to PCH/north to Yerba Buena/Mulholand/Decker/Encinal/PCH to Malibu) followed by brunch at the Malibu Inn. Those of you who cut out early missed "Yerba Buena" - A new road for the Malibu Fun Runs. Really fun road with a few surprises. I can see it becoming a regular feature.

See ya next time
Old 10-10-2004, 05:49 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

The hacks back and in the "blackroom". Sorry I missed the brunch... I really would have enjoyed the "undistracted" time with everyone. I always feel that even when I am speaking with people my mind is on the cars and the camera. I hope we can do brunch again next time so I can chit chat more without distraction. Now I am gonna see if I can post a couple more in a bit.

Thanks again Fred for leading the charge what a great drive.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:03 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

We had a beautiful Boxster and 944 that joined us and they very purdy.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:07 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

yeah... yerba buena was a blast. thanks lee & fred for turnin' us on to that! & fred thx for sweepin' stones for us down those virgin roads.... ... heh, heh! virgin road w/ virgin top. btw --really nice pace today too.
wooohoooo!
& y e a h ... mnm... greedy eyes need mo' pics! inquiring eyes wanna see

also, very nice to meet new listers... ponchobroke all the way from oregon. & again... happy (what?) 25th b-day jrg! & opass the new mods are sweet! (sorry i may have still missed meeting a few others). btw: yuji super cups sound soooo nice!

cheers guys & thanks for showin' & for a friggin' fun run! & addison you would have had a blast on 'yerba buena'..............................later.
rich / 24fps

ps- i'll post some pics later, though i did not shoot many. hey! mnm was there!

Last edited by 24FPS; 10-10-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:42 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Another Vons shot
Old 10-10-2004, 06:59 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Looks who's lurking behind his beautiful Vesuvious Turbo.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:13 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

I like this one. Yugi that color is wonderful.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:23 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Great seeing everyone and their cars at staging this morning. Glad it was fun and without incident. Can't wait until the next time I can actually go with!

Hey Alan, we were the Black Blazer in the oncoming lane northbound on PCH honking like crazy at you. Caught you on our way up to Santa Barbara. We could see mnmblu a mile away. I wondered what you two were doing alone and on your way home back so early. Hope J is feeling better.

Yugi, welcome to the Fabspeed Supercup club. Now it sounds like a P-car should!

See everyone next time.

/CTM
Old 10-10-2004, 08:34 PM
LeeR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great drive. Thanks Alan for the photos, and thanks Fred for the making that careful 180 degree inspection of the marbles! We learned the importance of going early, as later the roads were swamped with Harleys. And those Harley guys have the nerve to modify their mufflers!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Great ride....

Thanks everyone for the early morning kick-off for my birthday today.
Met lots of good folks, and even a few competitive types that I fit right in with....especially those sliding round those bends. Great roads, great drivers, just a whole lot of fun.

I'm having trouble downloading pics. The window says my pics are too large, so I downsized them and it changed the parameters and still says there too large. Any help...

Off now to consume fine wines a perhaps even some food....

JRG
Old 10-10-2004, 09:27 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Well, I'm back again. Gonna try and get some more pics up.

John, make sure they fit below max parameters. 146.5 kb is the largest file you can upload also try and size them at, say, 600.

Hey Christian, thanks for coming by to send us off, it's always great to see you and that cute little daughter of yours. Didn't see you guys or hear you honkin, oh well...

Lee, it's always great to see you and that sweet little Turbo. It really pissesd me off how you would pull away from me down those straight away's, nice acceleration, hmmmmm.

More pics to come.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:34 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Here's another from Vons parking lot.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:42 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Low light hand quiver, again!!! Damn.

Quick Reply: Fresh pictures from the MALIBU fun run. Oct 10