Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with car transport companies??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:26 PM
993mike
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any experience with car transport companies??

I'm thinking about shipping a newly acquired 993 across the country and have quotes from A Aaadvantage Auto Transport, Access Auto Brokers, CarTrans Auto Brokers, and Trusted Auto Brokers. Prices are all about the same. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with any of these?

Thanks for all your good advice, everyone. It was very helpful in my search for a car.

Thanks it advance.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:32 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

Congrats on the new car.

I suggest doing a search on this board on transport companies as there are a few really good ones that stand out. I also suggest shipping it by enclosed container instead of open carrier.

Please post some pics when it arrives.

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:25 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Check out www.intercitylines.com or www.thomascsundayinc.com. I've had experiences with both and they are tremendous.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

intercity be patient and get great service.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a C2S shipped out from Wisconsin to California about 4 months ago by Thomas Sunday and they were great. Seller couldn't believe the care they took loading and covering.The driver called 3-4 times enroute and arrived a couple of days earlier than originally promised.

Would highly recommend them.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:41 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Somedays - I just haft'a ask if anyone - someone - a single one - clicks on a link oustide this Forum..

Today is one of those days..... Right here - on Rennlist........

Need a Free, no obligation quote for getting a vehicle
transported across State - or even across the USA?
Click here...........

Yep - I personally used them "coast to boast". Yep - the quote is free.... Yep - they are a Rennlist Sponsor..... Nope - no obligation.... Yep - your privacy is ensured (whatever.. )

BTW: Intercity - I've heard great things about as well - but no personal experience??

Heh!!!

JD
Old 10-05-2004, 09:49 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Congratulations, Mike. You must be very excited. Post pics.
I am having a car shipped as we 'speak'. I'm using Intercity. Price was about the same as all other top tier providers. Maybe a $150.00 higher. They picked my car up on Sunday, one day earlier than projected. Called yesterday to give an update. Expect delivery tomorrow or Friday morning.
The seller has used them twice with cars he purchased. Spoke very highly of them, as did many here on Rennlist.
Another good company, I hear, is Horseless Carriage. No personal experience.
Definately ship inclosed!
Enjoy the anticipation, this is part of the experience of buying a collector/special car.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Grats Mike!

Post the link to the pics!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I used Intercity without any problems. The only thing that freaked me out is when they get in the car to remove it from the truck, they have to climb in through the window. Good Luck

Scott
Old 10-06-2004, 01:00 AM
993mike
Advanced

JD:
I guess we should support our sponsors! I will definitely check with them.

Everyone else:
As always, great info. Thanks. With luck, the car will be on its way early next week. Once the I get word the car is loaded and on route, then I'll get really excited!!
Old 10-06-2004, 12:35 PM
AGC
Racer

I have used Intercity Lines 4 times and Horseless Carriage once, they are both great companies, but I prefer Intercity Lines better
Old 10-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have used Passport Auto Transport 4 times - great service on time etc.
no affiliation
(800) 325-4267

they were spendy though - 1900.00 FL to WA (but then again getting anyone to come up here is spendy)
Old 10-06-2004, 01:31 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 353 Likes on 157 Posts

We've used InterCity, Thomas C Sunday and Gold Rush Motorsports.
IMHO Gold Rush is poison!
InterCity was by far the best of the three.

DO NOT USE Gold Rush!!! We had a very bad experience with them. Plus we have two other friends who have also had trouble with them. What are the odds of that? When we purchased our Brand new Boxster from a dealership in San Diego, CA we asked the dealership to ship it to us using InterCity Lines. The Dealer told us they exclusively use Gold Rush so we went with them. BAD MOVE. When the driver pulled up in front of our house he was HUGE and filthy dirty. Unfortunately our Boxster was on the top level of the trailer and he had to climb up there to move it out and in the process put his big FAT greasy hands all over our brand new Light Graphite Grey top. Of course he left these huge hand prints all over it!!! He didn't think it was a big deal. It was just a car! Yeah with only 4 miles on the ODO!!! We called the dealer who told us to take it to a detailer to have it cleaned and send them the bill. Remember we are in R CAN SAW... What deatailer?? So we did it ourselves. It turned out okay after about the 4th wash job and then the sun faded out the rest. Our friend in New York had the same driver with Gold Rush totally scratch the side of his car up (while he was watching!!!) with his huge brass belt buckle. Many $$$$ of damage on an expensive early 356 that had a perfect paint job. The other friend had her 356 Speedster delivered with a broken shift **** that no one would fess up to breaking. I would not recommend Gold Rush to my worse enemy as long as that same sloppy inconsiderate truck driver was working for them. With our luck he'd be the one to deliver the car to us again...

JoAnne
Old 10-06-2004, 01:39 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

I am also a fan of Intercity - but as others have pointed out, be ready to wait.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:04 PM
brian J
Instructor

JoAnne

What a nightmare. That is totally unacceptable service. I can just see you standing there excited for your car to come off the truck only to see this a$$hole make a mess of your car. Wow, that guy really needs to be in a different line of work by the sounds of it..like flipping burgers in some greasy spoon. Thank goodness for the search function on rennlist as you are not the only one who has not been happy with them and this helps us all avoid problems when we see posts like yours.

I recently used Concours Transport after reading several good posts about them. I would give them a 7/10 in the job they did for me but my c4s arrived safe and sound and undamaged which in the end is all that matters.

Quick Reply: Any experience with car transport companies??