Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear spoiler "curtain" problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Rear spoiler "curtain" problem...

I'm fairly new to this board being here just a month or so. I have a problem with my newly acquired C4S.

Don't know what it is REALLY called, but the "rear curtain" on my spoiler is there, but not attached. I attached it.... it just sorta slipped into the groove. But, this didn't look very permanent. And it wasn't. It's now off again.

How is this deal attached to the spoiler? Glued? Appreciate the help.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:28 PM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bagger,

Welcome to the board. You'll find a LOT of DIY stuff over at www.p-car.com, including your item..the spoiler wall.

Mine needs replaced as well, it's a fairly common item to break loose or tear in the middle, like mine.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Default Thanx, Jim...

Just spent an hour on P-car. Didn't see any information related to my problem. I did find quite a bit of info related to stuff that I'm interested in, tho.... RSR exhaust in particular. Zoom....zoom, eh.

However, it would be helpful if someone would just show me the link... looking at several dozen items takes quite a bit of time, especially if one can not find it. Guess I'm just not Gen-X enuf to do this sorta thing.

TIA
Old 10-04-2004, 12:48 AM
914und993
Pro

Use this link:
http://p-car.com/diy/spoilerwall/

You can get a new spoiler wall for about $80 from a discounting dealer, at least you could last year. Replacing the torn one isn't too hard. I started to follow the procedure in the above link, but realized that with some care and using Armor-All as a lubricant the old one could be removed and the new one installed without having to disassemble or unbolt anything. Your mileage may vary.

Chip
Old 10-04-2004, 12:48 AM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's the link, http://p-car.com/diy/spoilerwall/
Old 10-04-2004, 01:09 AM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chip,

I like that approach better. Any pointers?
Old 10-04-2004, 01:18 AM
914und993
Pro

The only pointer for doing it without disassembling the spoiler would be to pay close attention to how you remove the torn remnants of the old spoiler wall. It should be apparent how you can work the new one back on, and some kind of slippery, water based lubricant will make it easier to snap the new spoiler wall back on despite the limited space available to your fingers.

Chip
Old 10-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Jim
Addict
Rennlist Member

They are fragile, it is a fairly easy DIY to fix. It's probably time to get started on working on your car.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:47 AM
jkuniverse
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Chip. I did not have to remove the spoiler to replace the spoiler wall - no need to loosen any bolts or tools needed. I just spread out the new part on the floor, raise the spoiler and remove the old part while carefully observing how it is fastened to the spoiler etc. and just snap in the new part (Armoral or soapy water will makes it easier). Very easy DIY.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Thanks to all on this thread I just noticed that my spoiler wall needs to be replaced as it's tearing just a bit but may get worse quickly I fear. I can now look here and DIY without too much trouble.....I hope. Thanks, you've all helped first to remind me that it needs to be replaced then second given me the confidence to try it myself.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Default Thanxs...

I appreciate you folks helpin' me out. BTW, I can slip the "upper slit" of the wall into the rear wing.... it don't "snap"... just slides in, but it will not hold. I think there must be some smallish part missing. I see the top deal that seems like a wiper blade deal.... is this what I'm missin'? Shazbat... and @%#^&!! Crap...!! I think that the very top of the 'wall' is what needs to be replaced.

Is there a PDF file that shows all this stuff? Other-wize, I guess I'll have tew have the 'dealer' do this R/R.

TIa....

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler "curtain" problem...