Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 11:56 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts
Has anyone tried the performance friction pads? They are the (most teams) standard in the Formula Atlantic series. This weekend at Long Beach, we just received a new '03' compound that many teams are testing. It has 11% more bite with same effort and control as the wonderful 01 compound. Most all the Perf. Friction pads are not picky about what brand of transfer layer that are on used rotors. They treat the pad surface to srub off old transfer layers and quickly bed-in new pads.

I use the 97 compound on the front and 90 at the back and really like them. Noisy and dusty, but decent at cold temps, which is ok for the street. They are supposedly easy on rotors and the dust is supposed to be easy on the paint.

Then again, I have only used these for autox and not a DE yet. I guess that will be the true test.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Chris,
I know a lot of teams use PF in their GT3RS's and have a friend that uses those same compounds in his 993 (which compound I am not sure of). He likes them, and they do seem to last a while.

Quick Reply: Completed the PSS-9 & RS rear bar install today