Sponsored by:

incredible prices on 993s

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:26 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Cheers!....I will still (happily) buy you all the beers you like if you stop by!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:34 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Doug, I gotta figure out all the logistics how far is Cape COd from Nashau NH, or Portland Maine?
Old 09-24-2004, 09:39 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Probably 3 hours from Nashua......it's a bit of a trip. I am about 75 miles south of Boston...it makes for a nice overnight to allow shopping time for the wife.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:59 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I may have to pass on this one, its a one dayer. Fly out- meeting at British Aero next day and fly back that nite. But this is a start of a series of thing I will be doing with BAE. I will have longer trips coming up.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:03 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd be proud to lift a beer with you if you can make it down this way sometime.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:57 PM
dale
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never expected an amazing 9 pages of responses. Obviously this is a "tender" subject. While I never intended to launch the Hatfields against the McCoys, or the TTs against the S's, it is definitely educational reading these impassioned comments.

As usual when visiting Rennlist, I am impressed by the quality the contributors, and the quality of the information presented. Now, if I can just find that one 993 that's equally impressive.

Thanks,
dale
Old 09-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 35 Posts

DC,

This is way off topic but this evening's news showed a 15ft Great White Shark in Cape Cod! Amazing footage on the news..

Back to the topic: I'm actually surprised to see both C2S & C4S models ask for quite a premium at some of these dealers. I'm not sure who's actually buying them for that price, but that's incredible. I believe this is where patience really pays off for a great car & deal because they are out there. I'm just glad that I love my C4S and have no intention of getting rid of it (but it's nice to see its value appreciate).

Rich
Old 09-25-2004, 12:32 AM
JohnJL
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been in the market for a while, and feel confident enough to offer my humble opinions. Thererore , let me say, ...bring me your cars!!!

I have private messaged, e-mailed and otherwise generrally bitched for some attention just to pay membership. Take my money.

I still want to pay my dues....as soon as someone answers my ? about non-SSL pages being signed with other certificates..PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO PAY RENNLIST DUES!!! My ? here, on PM and otherwise draw no responses...really, i want to pay my dues!!!

OK, Please help your friend if they own a 1994 - 1998 C4S, C2S, C4Cab, C2Targa, C2, Cab in that order and want to make some $. No Tip, no salvage.

John
Old 09-25-2004, 02:52 AM
jz993
Racer

John, a dealer offered me $36.5 for the car. He's not going to put it up for less than 40k, I'm sure, especially after paying shipping charges.
Maybe I didn't buy the car as cheap as I thought, but I'm not going to lose $ on it 'til I need money for food. I had no idea how paranoid Porsche buyers are about mileage. A garage queen would have cost about $20k more, and wouldn't be any faster, more comfortable, or pleasureable to drive than my "driver". Both cars would still have 100k + miles of service in them before major teardown. I don't regret my choice.
I hope you find the car you want at a price you like. Seems like you've seen some good deals already.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

OG,DC, Portsmouth is about 2 hours from Cape and 1.25 hours from Nashua...Danvers, Ma(Ira Porsche), is probably an even split between the two....I bet we could even get John D. down here, a good ole fashioned Rennlist day in Danvers, and I'll buy the first round...

Back on topic, I think that an Ultra low mile 98 S model at some point could be worth more than a 97 Turbo, based on collectibility, if nothing else. Im my experience, there will always be a group of people willing to pay huge premiums for the last of the aircooled cars. I also feel that the depressed 996 Turbo prices are certainly not helping 993 Turbo prices(even though I prefer the 993 Turbo). I think that for an AVERAGE example of a turbo vs. a c2s, the turbo will always be worth more $$, The primo(mint condition, ultra low miles) C2S,C4S (1998 only) will command the most money. Like DC said, people vote with their wallet, and this is what the voting indicates.

OG, BTW, I have a couple of customers at BAE, if you want, i can put you in touch with some Pcar owners at that facility in Nashua.

Just my $.0000000046(it's too early to be worth more)
Old 09-25-2004, 10:11 AM
JohnJL
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,
Sounds like that dealer made you a good offer. Those cars might have been good deals, but their still more than I want to spend right now.

How did you pay your Rennlist dues? I've been trying to do so, but the membership pages are unencrypted...is there another way? I've PM'd and e-mailed the admin a few times with no response...

thanks again,
john
Old 09-25-2004, 10:23 AM
jbuchsba
Advanced

So will 1995's be worh a lot with time too. I love mine and the benchmarks over time show them to be as fast 0-60 as any other year. In fact, the carrera 4 was made in lower numbers than the c4s (not sure about the c2s).

Just curious what you guys think.

TIA

jb
Old 09-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Cheers!....I will still (happily) buy you all the beers you like if you stop by!

Hey OG, don't beleive what DC says!!! I sent him a PM a few weeks back telling him I would visit the Cape and Martha's Vineyard this month and would like to meet for a drink... (or did I say I would move in???). Nay a word of response....

I wanted a beer with him too
Old 09-25-2004, 11:18 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

You are absolutely correct - I had 4 messages in there. I am responding to them all right now. I apologize for my rudeness in not replying...
Old 09-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

DC,

Talking about how great your car is completely understandable, it's a gem but when you start to say it has an advantage or might be worth more some day is a little like saying your girlfriend won't age like another guys because she jogs a lot and stays out of the sun, no one likes to hear it. I may say your gal will look great for years and mine sits around all day but I don't like hearing you say that. You all have done really well considering how personal we are about these cars, fun thread.

JohnJL, Try personal messaging John D he runs this thing,

jz993 your car is correctly priced IMHO, I can't understand the lack of interest either, other than I agree you need some pictures, as many as you can take, buyers have a fear of the unknown. I was looking for an Ocean blue or Midnight blue C4S/C2S for about a year. It does seem that 40K is about the limit for being not high miles even though 52K still is low for any other car of similar year. I think people buying these cars sometimes underestimate how many miles you can get on 993's. The dealer I talked to said that Ocean blue was an easy color to sell, not as easy as silver but otherwise still a popular color. Cars.com is a good choice, how about a local high end used car place that sells on consignment, it can't hurt and you have much less to do. Forget magazines, too impersonal and frequently out of date, by the time the mag. comes out many assume it's been sold.

Couldn't read this long thread without putting my 2 cents in.

Quick Reply: incredible prices on 993s