993 Forum 1995-1998

Peachstate PCA concours... Tons of pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Peachstate PCA concours... Tons of pictures

Checked out the concours today, and all I can say is AWESOME. There were some amazing cars there (Hennessey Porsche). Some of the cars had unbelievably low mileage, like the red C4S (I think 4600 mi) and the metallic blue 930 with supercup wheels (36xx mi). I also met Barry from x-auto products; he is a really nice guy and gave everyone free stuff. If you are wondering about Rejex, buy some! The orange 930 slantnose was either a full repaint or unbelievably well maintained paint, and some of the 356's were incredible. I missed a few cars... there was a 924 C-GT and I forgot to take a picture of my beauty there. Let me know if any Rennlist members were there and which car was yours. I think I saw a few Rennlist stickers floating around. Also, the silver 996 was really sweet. I don't especially like 996's (even though my dad has one) but the way the side skirts were grafted into the body was amazing.
Attached Images                
Old 08-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Benton
Drifting

I don't know much about old 911's, but the 73 RS looked real. It was in AMAZING condition. It could be a replica, as I have no idea how rare the 2.7 RS is. The arena red 2S was beautiful as well, although I was suprised to see it had either narrowbody wheels on a widebody or the frame is crooked. I didn't check out the driver's rear up close, but the pass. rear wheel was about .75" too far in the wheel well.
Attached Images       
Old 08-01-2004, 10:48 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great pictures, thanks. The 1973 2.7 Carrera RS is a beauty. (There were only 1500 made, lots of replicas are around, though) Over here, they cost around 80,000 dollars. The 2S pictured is definitely a widebody. The wheels either have lots of offset, or bigger spacers. The fenders have been surely rolled.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:58 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing Red.....outstanding pics. I especially like that Arctic Silver 993 2s with the Chestnut interior....very rare !!

Oh yeah...the Arena Red (C4S?) with Turbo S front spoiler....doesn't suck either !!!!!!!!

No doubt, you had a blast !
Old 08-01-2004, 11:01 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A link for information on the 2.7 RS:

1973 2.7 liter 911 Carrera RS
Old 08-02-2004, 01:12 AM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red

i enjoyed meeting you today. thanks for the pics, and for the kind words about RejeX.

also, you had some great ideas and i hope to be able to move forward with them. let's get together this week if you have time, or next weekend. please call me when you get a chance.

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 08-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Benton
Drifting

Barry,
Sounds good. I'll get in touch with you soon once I take care of a few things that I have going on this week.

Pertaining to the C2S, I should have taken a picture up close. You can't tell from the picture above, but the rear wheels were narrowbody offset or the frame was crooked. I believe the car was involved in a car accident, but the rear wheels were about an inch away from the fender lip. It looks as if the driver's side rear is normal, but the pass. rear was not. I didn't pay attention to the driver's rear up close. I just figured he put narrowbody wheels on a widebody.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Arena Red 2S

Guys,

Pertaining to the C2S...it is mine and yes it was involved in an accident at Road Atlanta last September (Turn 3). Rolled it in the tire wall at the transition from turn 3 to the start of turn 4, from the front left corner to the left quarter panel.

I just got the car back about a month ago and have been going over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure it is ok. Everything appears to be checking out ok. The car tracks down the road very good and does not pull under braking. I entered it in the Group 3 French Concours and finished 2nd.

I have received several comments about the look of the Wheels on the car. The rear fender spacing on both sides is the same. Yes I do need to get some spacers for the RH Cuprad wheels so they will fill the fender wells properly.

So...since I was going to replace the front and rear bumper covers anyway ...I decided to install the European Bumper Covers, Turbo S Chin Spoiler, Clear Turn Signal Lenses. The suspension was shot, so I upgraded to Bilstein HD with H&R Lowering Springs and RS Adjustable Sway Bars front and rear. I also upgraded to the factory Litronics. I will not track the car again but, I will continue to run it in Autocross events. I have an PCA I Class race car for the track now.

Lesson learned.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Thank you !
Old 08-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Beautiful cars!
Old 08-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Benton
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tim Pruitt
Guys,

Pertaining to the C2S...it is mine and yes it was involved in an accident at Road Atlanta last September (Turn 3). Rolled it in the tire wall at the transition from turn 3 to the start of turn 4, from the front left corner to the left quarter panel.

I just got the car back about a month ago and have been going over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure it is ok. Everything appears to be checking out ok. The car tracks down the road very good and does not pull under braking. I entered it in the Group 3 French Concours and finished 2nd.

I have received several comments about the look of the Wheels on the car. The rear fender spacing on both sides is the same. Yes I do need to get some spacers for the RH Cuprad wheels so they will fill the fender wells properly.

So...since I was going to replace the front and rear bumper covers anyway ...I decided to install the European Bumper Covers, Turbo S Chin Spoiler, Clear Turn Signal Lenses. The suspension was shot, so I upgraded to Bilstein HD with H&R Lowering Springs and RS Adjustable Sway Bars front and rear. I also upgraded to the factory Litronics. I will not track the car again but, I will continue to run it in Autocross events. I have an PCA I Class race car for the track now.

Lesson learned.

Tim,
Cool. I hope you didn't take my conjectures as offensive; I was just rambling some ideas. I am almost 100% sure your car was at Collision Pro while mine was getting a fender dent repaired. I looked at the front end work and it looked wonderful! They really did a great job on my car and yours (if it was yours there). I also remember your car was at the meeting at a restaurant last year with an Atlanta sports car club. It was sad to see it all beat up in the shop after it looked so wonderful at the show. It looks even better now. In all honesty, it was one of my favorite cars at the concours. Congrats on the 2nd place!
Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Arrwin]
Originally Posted by Tim Pruitt
Guys,

She's a beauty Tim.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Red,

No offense taken. Yes that was my car at Collision Pro.

In regard to the Silver 996 that was mentioned previously, that is Steve Blalocks' "The Concours Chairman" for Peachstate Region. Steve did a great job at organizing this wonderful event! Collison Pro did the body work on his side skirts too.

Thanks Steve, Leslie, TJ, Linda, Robert and all of the Judges that assisted with this event
Old 08-03-2004, 08:51 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Red: great pictures; thanks for sharing.

Tim: beautiful car. Are you using the "pull-relay-42" trick to get your wipers to sit (high) on the right side? I did that, thanks to others on this board. My wife thought it was a little weird because it obscures her view, but hey, I don't have to sit in the passenger seat ... my view's great! And I didn't carve up my knuckles resetting the wiper mechanism.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

993 Dave,

Yes I did pull the relay. My wife does not like the view either, so....I stop them right in the middle, 90 degrees to the hood when she is in the car with me. I call it the 24 hours of Lemans look. She thinks I'm carzy but, the wipers are out of her view.

Quick Reply: Peachstate PCA concours... Tons of pictures