Who needs a 993 "spoiler wall" at wholesale? -sold

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Exclamation Who needs a 993 "spoiler wall" at wholesale? -sold

Hey guys,

I mistakenly ordered two 993 spoiler walls (for the electric tail) to repair my cracked unit.

I only need one, so if anyone has interest in the other - then step on up. $79 + shipping.

Visa/Mastercard/check/paypal - whatever.

You can call ImagineAuto direct @ 913.310.9927 or email: questions@imagineauto.com or go to the web site - <a href="http://www.imagineauto.com" target="_blank">www.imagineauto.com</a> & use the shopping cart.

Full Rennlist sponsor too!
Old 06-12-2002, 04:03 PM
88clbsport
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Shoot, just had it installed and the part cost me $105! Seems like a common problem with 993's. If nobody snaps it up in the next week, let me know....I will take it off your hands as a backup
Old 06-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto.......Just installed mine last week $120 from local dealer. Life is all about timing. Steve
Old 06-12-2002, 06:33 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Exclamation

Steve man...

I tried to touch base w/ you on this on another post ("hanging pedal")... But never got a reply!

I did get to see your car though.

But sorry, the item looks to be sold already!
Old 06-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't laugh too hard, but you can actually squeeze several more years out of your wall by applying black duct tape at the torn folding edges, on the non-visible side of the wall. Of course, before applying the duct tape, you want to clean the surface.

The plastic Porsche uses on the folding joints is--apparently--not very durable, and seems to split in about 4-6 years. The black duct tape is actually more robust--and can be replaced .

Of course, this all assumes you can tolerate being aware that part of your exotic sportscar is being held together by duct tape.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:39 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts
How about a trade for my slightly used chrome exhaust tips. Assuming they will work on a narrow body car. I should be getting my RSR mufflers in the next week or so, and I have new motor sound tips to install at that time.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:49 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Just left you a private message Michael since you dont have a published email address.

I'll take it.

E. J.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:36 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by Randall G.:
<strong>Don't laugh too hard, but you can actually squeeze several more years out of your wall by applying black duct tape at the torn folding edges, on the non-visible side of the wall. Of course, before applying the duct tape, you want to clean the surface.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I’m not laughing at all. I used black radiator hose repair tape on my spoiler wall a couple of years ago and it’s held up quite well. You have to get up really close to even see it.

Tom
’95 993
Old 06-12-2002, 10:52 PM
Turbo-Look
Advanced

[quote]Originally posted by Randall G.:
<strong>
Of course, this all assumes you can tolerate being aware that part of your exotic sportscar is being held together by duct tape.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Haha! This reminds me of that Speedvision commercial in the good old days of Non-Nascar programming. They had a cop pull over an old corvette and the officer screamed at the guy after discovering his seats were held together by duct tape.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:01 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

[quote]Originally posted by Turbo-Look:
<strong>

Haha! This reminds me of that Speedvision commercial in the good old days of Non-Nascar programming. They had a cop pull over an old corvette and the officer screamed at the guy after discovering his seats were held together by duct tape.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hell,

It reminds me of the rubber piece that surrounds the fan housing on the motor. I guess after 8 years and 100k miles it tends to fall apart when being touched. So when I was at the track one time and it started falling to pieces, I had to duct tape it so the air from the fan wouldnt escape before cooling the engine. Of course I only had the color matched blue racer tape. Well guess what, I am too lazy to replace the part and you can see a hint of the blue tape through the black spoiler insert. Oh well. Other things to work on.

E. J.

Quick Reply: Who needs a 993 "spoiler wall" at wholesale? -sold